• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
yeah kanye was the first rapper to have a guy speak patois on a rap track

i'm in it

wow

everything dark is because of yeezus

absolutely sensational

i'm in it

wow

absolutely sensational

did you know he was also the first to combine daft punk with hip hop
srs

he also influenced paul mcartney
paul actually credits kanye for sgt. pepper

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

i'm in it

wow

absolutely sensational
Nobody says he's the first (can we ban "first to do it" circular arguments from GAF-Hop?), but Yeezus-era Kanye definitely had a lot of that spread around.

I think the person to actually credit is Travi$ Scott, considering he had the wave of that stuff who then brought it to Kanye and it sort of became a thing across 2 Pusha projects, Yeezus and some Travi$ Scott tracks.

Glad to see La Flame making more of his mark.

i'm in it

wow

absolutely sensational

the ktt thread is blowing my mind

"dat yeezus effect" :mjpls:

A few days ago I saw someone post that Kanye created jazz rap, and I got the impression he wasn't trolling.

Nobody says he's the first (can we ban "first to do it" circular arguments from GAF-Hop?), but Yeezus-era Kanye definitely had a lot of that spread around.

I think the person to actually credit is Travi$ Scott, considering he had the wave of that stuff who then brought it to Kanye and it sort of became a thing across 2 Pusha projects, Yeezus and some Travi$ Scott tracks.

Glad to see La Flame making more of his mark.

it's that Popcaan sample that's been used a million times (although it's hard to miss with that sample)

Courage

PD even keeps tabs on KTT so he can run damage control for his beloved Kendrick.
mjlol.png

Esch

Banned
i can see the yeezus influence in the shit i took earlier this morning. it was a bit fluid with some heavy particulate manner, neither rough nor smooth. the action of it was bombastic and aggressive. in it contained the expression of the varied meal i'd had earlier, a sumptuous blend of veggies and meats that like kanye's recent effort, ostensibly contained the essence of all of these disparate elements, combined as one with widely varying success and poop comfort.

new slaves

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So when do we think Kendrick will drop if he's done? Has to be soon, especially if TDE was comfortable with throwing this out there post-Grammies.

I think it would be fitting to drop it during Black History Month, perhaps at the very end?

So when do we think Kendrick will drop if he's done? Has to be soon, especially if TDE was comfortable with throwing this out there post-grammies?

I think it would be fitting to drop it during Black History Month, perhaps at the very end?

Now would be the perfect time tbh maybe early march.

i can see the yeezus influence in the shit i took earlier this morning. it was a bit fluid with some heavy particulate manner, neither rough nor smooth. the action of it was bombastic and aggressive. in it contained the expression of the varied meal i'd had earlier, a sumptuous blend of veggies and meats that like kanye's recent effort, ostensibly contained the essence of all of these disparate elements, combined as one with widely varying success and poop comfort.

new slaves

my momma was raised in an era when, charmin was only in the bathrooms for the fairer skin

i'm sorry

caesar

Banned

new slaves

Dat vagabond avatar

That kendrick track... aoty incoming

So when do we think Kendrick will drop if he's done? Has to be soon, especially if TDE was comfortable with throwing this out there post-Grammies.

This is TDE sooo they'll drop it after summer when all the hype has died down.

Courage

To clarify outside the WhatsApp chat, I meant to compare it to Yeezus productionwise. Reminded me of New Slaves with the outro and I'm In It with the patois singing.

Although Kanye and Kendrick both tackle racism, they do it very differently. Yeezus is strictly about Kanye's experience in fashion and other aspects of his life. Kendrick tackles racism from its roots with the exaggerated physical descriptions, where he's from, and other stereotypes. I'd say they're both empowering, but they also execute subject matter like this in their own way.

Nibel

new slaves

ibidC4NrLVH9vd.gif

Musashi outta here slayin fools

I don't hear anything Yeezus-esque in this track as well

new slaves

dead
new slaves
goddamn lol

but yea i don't really see a yeezus influence
kendrick's comfortable in his own lane

Kwixotik

Y'all really think Kendrick would have had an Assassin feature if he wasn't on I'm In It?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but there is definitely some inspiration coming from Yeezus.

DominoKid

Its definitely Yeezus influenced. Kendrick learned well studying under da gawd.

Im actually curious if Cyhi was around during the tour for a significant time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Its definitely Yeezus influenced. Kendrick learned well studying under da gawd.

Im actually curious if Cyhi was around during the tour for a significant time.
CyHi x Kendrick would be super dope TBH. Wouldn't say it's likely or unlikely though, Kendrick is hard to call.

RBK

Banned
New KDot is nice, just failing to see the Yeezus influence considering this song is true hip hop.

Thread needs more Pronto though.

IrishNinja

thought kdot was over tho, some of ya'll were so sure

I missed who did that mass multi quote post them before I scrolled up I already knew who it was.

hey
you
get off my cloud

I know I'm in the minority but

yup

Take Care is Drake's opus, NWTS sounded like a b-side of the album.

yuuuuuup

I'm glad Kendrick is taking pointers from Yeezus. Y'all can't tell me that wasn't some I'm In It + New Slaves shit, especially with the outro.

i'm in it

wow

absolutely sensational

NWA influenced tribe
tribe influenced jay
jay birfed yeezy
yeezy birfed rap
it's all a flat circle b

IrishNinja

late but meant to reply to ya muddy

This new Ghost does not satiate my hunger for the classic Ghostface that I know and love. We will see how this new project goes, but I am not getting hyped for it. Not again.

i get you - ghost's current form doesn't necessarily cut like this, but again, ghostdini aside, he's not had a miss for me. i loved 36 seasons, apollo kids etc for very different reasons than say supreme clientele but the quality's been consistent forever for me, and that's so rare

related: running through his discog again recently, i have a hard time not calling Supreme Clientele his best work. discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom