• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick doesn't have (and when he does, they're not as good as) the songs for the ladies to push him into Cole territory IMO.

RBK

Banned
I would like to think Bronson has more of a following than Joey Bada$$.

EDIT: And just going by YouTube views, I'm wrong.

That new Kendrick is something else. Too bad he released that level of hype without an album release in sight.

I was just thinking this. What are the odds TDE takes advantage of this hype and makes a big Kendrick announcement by the end of the Month?

Jay Rock's gonna get his album pushed back again...lol, poor dude.

IrishNinja

Kendrick doesn't have (and when he does, they're not as good as) the songs for the ladies to push him into Cole territory IMO.

buzz so big, he could prolly sell a blank disc
you might be right though

This thread will respond positively to that album cover

it's a great track, and i'm pretty sure that was my balcony in '02 so why not

Dat inevitable Swift/Kendrick collab is looming.

damn..i mean, homegirl jocks him hard and can possibly deliver that next I type track too
no better/worse than rihanna colabs in my mind

Oh, a description, time to listen. Thanks

ahahaha, i love this post

I should know better than to hype sequel albums, but I'm excited for Flockavelli 2

extrapolate mediocrity brehs

Eos

knowing TDE, they're going to squander this hype

I also feel bad for jay rock. It's still funny/sad how they used his song for the beats commercial but used kendrick's verse, lol.

Vorheez

I should know better than to hype sequel albums, but I'm excited for Flockavelli 2
Does gafhop really hold flockaveli in that high of regard? Doesn't have much to do with your post specifically cast, but I remember it being called a modern classic by some of ya'll a few pages ago

I mean, it's good, I liked it, but what am I missing? Help me out here. Might give it a listen again with a new ear

I was just thinking this. What are the odds TDE takes advantage of this hype and makes a big Kendrick announcement by the end of the Month?

Jay Rock's gonna get his album pushed back again...lol, poor dude.

Wasn't the reason Jay Rock couldn't get anything out for a while was because of label issues?

IrishNinja

Does gafhop really hold flockaveli in that high of regard? Doesn't have much to do with your post specifically cast, but I remember it being called a modern classic by some of ya'll a few pages ago

I mean, it's good, I liked it, but what am I missing? Help me out here. Might give it a listen again with a new ear

kinda answered yourself in the first paragraph - basically breh if you don't acknowledge it as a legit classic/influential movement you're either a dusty dust head dust or living under a rock because the sun feels like warm cognitive dissonance and frankly fuck your shit

i don't give two tugs of a dead dog's cock about it and frankly the clipse's first 2 albums are fucking fantastic #fuckagafhops

full

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
knowing TDE, they're going to squander this hype

I also feel bad for jay rock. It's still funny/sad how they used his song for the beats commercial but used kendrick's verse, lol.
It's now or nothing for TDE.

I think they're good so long as they drop within the next few months TBH, but people have been itching so long that I feel like most people will trip if it's not within that next month.

It's now or nothing for TDE.

I think they're good so long as they drop within the next few months TBH, but people have been itching so long that I feel like most people will trip if it's not within that next month.

I think even just announcing a title/date + Cover Art would be enough.

But let's be real here, they're not going to do anything.

Vorheez

kinda answered yourself in the first paragraph - basically breh if you don't acknowledge it as a legit classic/influential movement you're either a dusty dust head dust or living under a rock because the sun feels like warm cognitive dissonance and frankly fuck your shit

i don't give two tugs of a dead dog's cock about it and frankly the clipse's first 2 albums are fucking fantastic #fuckagafhops
Irish my dude what are you on?

I swear that shit made no sense at all

injurai

Banned
Guess it's time already to put Kendrick on hold and go back to hibernating. This was like groundhog day. You all will wear yourselves thin.

DominoKid

Blacker The Berry has one of the best intro percussion drops in recent memory. First 20 seconds are addicting. Instant disgusted face.

the synth drop in on that "and sometimes" in the opening (like 30 secs in) is what does it for me.

couldn't hear that shit on my cell when i played it at work.

played that shit on the speakers again when i got home and heard it like
Hz5di.png

im a sucker for shit like that.

flockaveli is definitely a classic. that and teflon don took the trap music sound up another level in mainstream rap and formulated the basic template now for a street record.

common link in those 2 albums? lex luger

IrishNinja

pure 100% old man boom bap bitterness.

W68Ii.png

you know i likes what i likes (and it aint just that) but IDGAF; Vanilla Ice's album sold like 15 million copies. Laffy Tafffy and other such shit lifted up ringtone rap during its era; this shit aint wikipedia. if the album struck me as nothing exceptional, all the footnotes in the world don't change that.

you know what else had game shifting sonic contributions and was just an explosive, fun record? Lord Willin'

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The production on Flockaveli is Luger at his best, it's a shame wacka was still in his garbage F grade rapper era though, ruins a lot of the beats. He's really leveled up recently and impressed me with some of his verses over the last year. I'm actually really looking forward to flockavelli 2.

DominoKid

Flockaveli is Flocka at his most entertaining state as a rapper. Its all emotion and bluster. What hes gained in technique is outweighed by the loss of character.

Hes still good for a few tracks on every tape though but his old tapes were loaded front to back w/ bangers.

Flockaveli is Flocka at his most entertaining state as a rapper. Its all emotion and bluster. What hes gained in technique is outweighed by the loss of character.

Hes still good for a few tracks on every tape though but his old tapes were loaded front to back w/ bangers.
Yeah I agree actually

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I am by no means a Flocka head but I think Flocka does reasonably well when he decides to be a bit more lyrical.

Low key the freestyle series he did recently, I Can't Rap or whatever it was, was consistently fire.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I am by no means a Flocka head but I think Flocka does reasonably well when he decides to be a bit more lyrical.

Low key the freestyle series he did recently, I Can't Rap or whatever it was, was consistently fire.

Thats what I'm seeing too. One of his freestyles came on my player randomly and I had to double check if it was really him. He is far more listenable now. Before he just sounded like a deaf child with down syndrome trying to find the beat. He's all over that shit now. It also probably helps that the bar for shit rappers has dropped to subterranean levels with dudes like ilovemakken and cheif keef. In contrast flocka would sound like Nas anyway, but add to that the obvious improvement as a rapper (as opposed to gucci who is happy to stay sounding like the drunk uncle who tries to rap along) and I count myself as a fan these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom