• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Finished season 2 of Hannibal. I'm done emotionally for the week.

george-michael.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye balled too hard. He did like, what, 3 concerts in one day? Roc City Classic, Drake's show, and the Hot97 thing? Plus the Big Sean concert earlier this week.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It was hard to find a place to upload this. But this is a very nice hip hop mix you should listen to. If you don't listen to it you will die. Thanks.

Mike Will, Migos, Trindad, Future, OG Maco, Waka, Gucci, Fredo, Lil Herb, etc

Is there a better site for uploading shit???'

Reuploading...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It was hard to find a place to upload this. But this is a very nice hip hop mix you should listen to. If you don't listen to it you will die. Thanks.

Reuploading...
If you don't mind not being able to play it on the page itself, use https://mega.co.nz/

XBP

Reuploading...

Maybe make a playlist on youtube? Most songs should be up there.

kinda addicted to that wolves song right now. would be cool if ye got one of the holy davids to direct the video (lynch, cronenberg or fincher).

yeah blu's sadly lost it. and jay electronica has even worse work ethic than jay rock.

remember how much promise they gave us in 07?

:(

What happened to him? I know the talent's gone i'm just not sure if there's an explanation for it or what

Dude was (and probably still is) on angel dust blunts. Dunno if folks remember but at one point he started releasing unfinished music on bandcamp to make a quick buck/feed his habit. He put out an un-mastered version of the second Blu & Exile album a couple years before it officially came out. He also released an album done allegedly with Madlib (UCLA) until Stones Throw shut it down.

He seems to be getting better but still...the personable, rapid fire spitter is gone. I tried listening to his double album from last year and only got through one disc. It's not horrible but...just feels empty and boring.

It's frustrating because I really think Blu was poised for a lot of underground success with the possibility of mainstream success if he wanted it; he has the look and has melodic tendencies. Dirty Science had a damn good lineup between him/Fashawn/Johaz, all being laced by dope Exile beats...but they just never took off the way they could have. Exile has to look at TDE and wonder what could have been. Not saying they'd be on 2011-2015 TDE levels of success but they'd at least be a dope label getting tour money and doing shit.

injurai

Banned
Why did God have to take Blu from us brehs?

Don't scare me like this.

I think more than anything he just hasn't been pulling in collaborations. Beat makers take risks, but they need the rapper to then keep growing. Blu is staying underground and it's stagnating him.

Esch

Banned
Why become the next big rapper when you can just chill? All that touring and social media and wheeling and dealing. Why do all of that when you have a fanbase that'll buy your unmastered garbage electronic albums for 15 dollars on bandcamp. After all, those guys on majors, they probably aren't really making money anyway. At least this way you're in control.

d0hQjRT.png

PBY

Banned
kinda addicted to that wolves song right now. would be cool if ye got one of the holy davids to direct the video (lynch, cronenberg or fincher).

yeah blu's sadly lost it. and jay electronica has even worse work ethic than jay rock.

Same. Ye needs to drop it on iTunes already.

Should have dropped it yesterday while it was a sunday sitting at 3 degrees outside.

True, but I don't think Ye is ready to single handedly disassociate Jesus/God and Sunday. You think the Beatles had it rough when Lennon said they were bigger than Jesus...you ain't seen nothin.

Don't scare me like this.

I think more than anything he just hasn't been pulling in collaborations. Beat makers take risks, but they need the rapper to then keep growing. Blu is staying underground and it's stagnating him.

Drugs are bad mmkay.

Dude was (and probably still is) on angel dust blunts. Dunno if folks remember but at one point he started releasing unfinished music on bandcamp to make a quick buck/feed his habit. He put out an un-mastered version of the second Blu & Exile album a couple years before it officially came out. He also released an album done allegedly with Madlib (UCLA) until Stones Throw shut it down.

He seems to be getting better but still...the personable, rapid fire spitter is gone. I tried listening to his double album from last year and only got through one disc. It's not horrible but...just feels empty and boring.

It's frustrating because I really think Blu was poised for a lot of underground success with the possibility of mainstream success if he wanted it; he has the look and has melodic tendencies. Dirty Science had a damn good lineup between him/Fashawn/Johaz, all being laced by dope Exile beats...but they just never took off the way they could have. Exile has to look at TDE and wonder what could have been. Not saying they'd be on 2011-2015 TDE levels of success but they'd at least be a dope label getting tour money and doing shit.

I just mean he sucks now. He isn't dead, but his talent is and our hope is.
Below%2BThe%2BHeavens.jpg

Why did God have to take Blu from us brehs?
0126_2mt0.gif

Didn't know he was on drugs. Y'all thought Yes was bad? I thought it was ok, but not terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom