• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
okami? na.

Shadow of the Colossus
Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas
Devil May Cry 3
Ninja Gaiden Black
Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic
Unreal Tournament 2004
Golden Sun 2
Dark Cloud 2
The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind
Rainbow Six III: Raven Shield

IrishNinja

never played a Dark Cloud or Golden Sun but they're on my list, seeing esh give them high weaboo praise/nod does bump them up a bit though

There were so many great games in that time you can't really go wrong with anything really. Even ones I personally don't care for I can see why they fuck with it

okami? na.

Shadow of the Colossus
Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas
Devil May Cry 3
Ninja Gaiden Black
Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic
Unreal Tournament 2004
Golden Sun 2
Dark Cloud 2
The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind
Rainbow Six III: Raven Shield
;_; What a list
I didn't play Rainbow Six, Unreal, Star wars or Dark Cloud 2. But everything else is...whew

DominoKid

I can also vouch for Golden Sun. I played that as much as possible everyday even during class back in middle school.

If I did a top 10 it'd be something like

GTA San Andreas (best GTA)
Mario Kart Double Dash (best Mario Kart)
Tekken 5
Smash Melee (best Smash)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (best Star Wars game)
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy 12
Soul Calibur 2
SSX 3
NBA Street 2 (GOAT sports game)

and i could probably list another 20 or 30 different games depending on the day. xbox games would start coming into play. i think it's been downhill since that generation due to chasing graphics and online play.

yep, for PS3 generation I wouldn't have a hard time, but I also played less games last gen compared to the PS2/Xbox/GameCube gen.

I never played SSX3. What does it do better than Tricky?

DominoKid

it looks and plays a bit better. Tricky would probably hit 20-30 if i did a full list where as SSX3 would be anywhere from about 7-15. so it's not a huge difference. i loved that series.

edit: EA Big division was so tight. so much 00s swag. dont really see anything out there right now with a style that fits so well with the times. probably something on mobile tbh.

Bowser

Yup he gave Take Care a 6 and NWTS a 5. Very strange.

aQVFpfi.gif

Esch

Banned
The problem for me is games like FEAR. I don't really consider them part of the Xbox/ps2 etc etc gen, because they came out on PS360. but it would be on that list, god bless.
Did myself a disservice by skipping out on this, the first one was amazing.

Might have to use a emulator to play Golden Sun as well.

I like the originals, but the sequels are better, especially Dark Cloud 2.

Cheddahz

Banned
since i've been listening to the new drake a whole lot lately

if you're reading this, it's too late > take care > nothing was the same >>> thank me later

Bowser

if you're reading this, it's too late > take care > nothing was the same >>> thank me later

I haven't listened enough to IYRTITL enough yet, but so far for me:

Take Care > NWTS > IYRTTL >>>>>> TML

DominoKid

id flip nwts and take care. take care just has too many instant skips.

the colder his sound goes the more i like it.

overcast

I'm not a big fan of Take Care either though. This new one just seems slapped together quickly. Honestly don't feel like it should be looked at as "officially".

NBA Street 2 was so much fun.🙏

Top games of the gen or forever? Because either way San Andreas, Deus Ex and Silent Hill 2 would make that

Also I dunno where to rank his new project yet but right now I got take care over nothing was the same

Cheddahz

Banned
Top ten for probably the last time gaming will be good?

Steambot Chronicles
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
SSX 3
Final Fantasy X
NBA Street Vol. 2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Soul Calibur 2
Animal Crossing
Resident Evil 4
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Honorable Mentions:
Persona 4/Persona 3 (I liked the portable versions a whole lot better)
Tekken 4 (probably gonna get a lot of shit for this one, but I really liked the changes and I wish they would had stuck with them)
Final Fantasy XII
Shadow of the Colossus
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City/San Andreas

I own a copy of Ninja Gaiden Black, I just haven't played it yet

The Drake album isn't bad, it just gets repetitive. It's really a collection of a few very strong tracks and some generic Drake-type tracks. I like how many tracks lean towards one of his biggest strengths: a knack for 90s new jack swing melodies.

I know people rag on him for repetitive song content, and while it's true to an extent - I like the fact that he has some very personal tracks. You & The 6 is a great song, I wish more mainstream rappers did shit like that.

In terms of negatives, I disagree with the Needle Drop review on the lack of cringe lines: there are plenty. ESPECIALLY this nigga talking about taking a blade to see chicks because you never know. Seriously?
xZQ0CVn.gif

Jungle is a great track. Legendary is dope, love the r&b vibes as I mentioned earlier. Star67 is cool. I like the production, especially the beat switch ups.

7/10

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The Drake album isn't bad, it just gets repetitive. It's really a collection of a few very strong tracks and some generic Drake-type tracks. I like how many tracks lean towards one of his biggest strengths: a knack for 90s new jack swing melodies.

I know people rag on him for repetitive song content, and while it's true to an extent - I like the fact that he has some very personal tracks. You & The 6 is a great song, I wish more mainstream rappers did shit like that.

In terms of negatives, I disagree with the Needle Drop review on the lack of cringe lines: there are plenty. ESPECIALLY this nigga talking about taking a blade to see chicks because you never know. Seriously?
xZQ0CVn.gif

Jungle is a great track. Legendary is dope, love the r&b vibes as I mentioned earlier. Star67 is cool. I like the production, especially the beat switch ups.

7.5/10
I agree it's a solid mixtape/album for what it is especially when considering it was obviously just thrown together.

RBK

Banned
This new Drake gets a 7.5 and Tetsuo & Youth can't even get a 6/10 from 90% of GAF?

Ridiculous.

Wouldn't rate a single Drake project over a 8.

xZQ0CVn.gif

7/10

Agree with the score and general criticisms.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
This new Drake gets a 7.5 and Tetsuo & Youth can't even get a 6/10 from 90% of GAF?

Ridiculous.

Wouldn't rate a single Drake project over a 8.

This is what happens when you sour listeners over a large amount of time. in these situations people tend to think its a fluke and look at the artists overall output more than the project itself. if T&Y was released right after the cool I guarantee it would've gotten a much higher rating than if it was released now.

IrishNinja

haven't listened to new drake yet but PD might be onto something with that new jack swing vibe on older stuff

Ridiculous.

cue incoming "this drizzy tape is really growing on me" posts

DominoKid

Dominokid, you really gonna put kingdom hearts 2 over 1?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvOHbxBAEN8

rest of those picks i can c/s though. except ff12. i hated that shit.

KH1 camera gave me too many headaches to love it.

Top ten for probably the last time gaming will be good?

Steambot Chronicles
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
SSX 3
Final Fantasy X
NBA Street Vol. 2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Soul Calibur 2
Animal Crossing
Resident Evil 4
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Honorable Mentions:
Persona 4/Persona 3 (I liked the portable versions a whole lot better)
Tekken 4 (probably gonna get a lot of shit for this one, but I really liked the changes and I wish they would had stuck with them)
Final Fantasy XII
Shadow of the Colossus
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City/San Andreas

I own a copy of Ninja Gaiden Black, I just haven't played it yet

Tekken 4 is a good game. Its just not what folks want out of Tekken. Sometimes I wish Namco wouldve reused a lot of that shit in a new IP.

IrishNinja

Tekken 4 is a good game. Its just not what folks want out of Tekken. Sometimes I wish Namco wouldve reused a lot of that shit in a new IP.

only Jin fans got really burned by 4, and i mean there's devil Jin later, so...throw in the GOAT addition of Steve Fox and it's really a solid chapter, it just had big shoes to fill after 3 & Tekken Tag aka the one PS2 launch title that wasn't booty

DominoKid

Im so glad Netflix actually put Spartacus back up. I watched like the first two eps right before it got deleted.

only Jin fans got really burned by 4, and i mean there's devil Jin later, so...throw in the GOAT addition of Steve Fox and it's really a solid chapter, it just had big shoes to fill after 3 & Tekken Tag aka the one PS2 launch title that wasn't booty

Jin fans being salty cracked me up. I liked his new moves way more and it was great character development back when Namco actaully gave a shit about the story.

Esch

Banned
Man y'all OD right about Smash Melee. Only thing that sucks about that game is you and the friends you're playing with get too good and then realize really only 4-5 characters are that good.

IrishNinja

Jin fans being salty cracked me up. I liked his new moves way more and it was great character development back when Namco actaully gave a shit about the story.

yeah, but having that mix of Kazuya & Jun's moves in 3 made him balanced/noob friendly without being shit like Eddy Gordo was, i can see why ditching his moveset was jarring but you're right, his new stuff wasn't bad and at least it was plot-related without having people thrown in volcanoes

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Man y'all OD right about Smash Melee. Only thing that sucks about that game is you and the friends you're playing with get too good and then realize really only 4-5 characters are that good.
Which is why I never understood the hype. I'd like to see things switched up in a fighting game. It's entertaining but only for like a few matches once you watch competitive and realize that's all you're gonna get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom