• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
only Jin fans got really burned by 4, and i mean there's devil Jin later, so...throw in the GOAT addition of Steve Fox and it's really a solid chapter, it just had big shoes to fill after 3 & Tekken Tag aka the one PS2 launch title that wasn't booty

jin was broken as hell in Tekken 4 and was def the best character in the game bar none, so i dunno if his fans got burned there

Cheddahz

Banned
I'll admit that I loved Tekken Tag 2, but Tekken 6 just felt souless compared to the other ones (never played 5, so I can't comment on it), so I hope Tekken 7 really just improves from Tekken 6

injurai

Banned
Age of Mythology
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Deus Ex
Diablo II
God of War 2
Half-life 2
Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Knights of the old Republic
World of Warcraft

preliminary, but I'd imagine that about does it for me

EloquentM

aka Mannny

honestly, I cringed while writing that. I think that I'm just feeling the album being played in my car right now. the production is what I love. the lyrics are terrible...the concepts are terrible which is why I can't give it my overall recommendation over the others. man, I can't ignore the production though. when that new album smell wears off I think I'll put it above tml on both accounts.

I think in a day or too it'll look like this.

as an overall project?

Take care > NWTS > SFG > IYRTITL > TML

individual songs:

NWTS > TC > IYRTITL > TML > SFG

HiResDes

I prefer the story and atmosphere of Vice City to San Andreas so much more, though obviously San Andreas is a bit more fun as a sandbox.

RBK

Banned
I prefer the story and atmosphere of Vice City to San Andreas so much more, though obviously San Andreas is a bit more fun as a sandbox.

Facts.

For me I found myself between SA and Bully.
Think Bully would have resonated with me more if I had a chance to play it on the PS2 and not as a 21 year old man.

SA is almost as bad as GTA IV.

FLAMES.

i'd put 2 over 1 cause of the better combat

ff12 is garbage af tho. lmao at how gaf overrates that shit

Nah, that would be a game I'd be proud of having a hand in creating. Shit, I might get consultation from some of those people down the road or even recruit them. Best battle system in the series. As much as I've delved into video game development, there are no technical faults at hand, there could've been a bunch of glitches that would ruin the games for players, but didn't and on a creative standpoint I can only see Matsuno's absence having an effect on the story's pacing and the algorithms on some of the treasures as being negatives, but as seeing as how strong the mechanics, writing, and world design are, they do not overlay the project as a whole.

IrishNinja

i dug bully and vice city but i never finished either, just misbehaved...the first open world one from them i fucked with hard was Red Dead Redemption, one of last gen's finest

ff12 is garbage af tho. lmao at how gaf overrates that shit

a dollar says you prolly ride for legit trash like FF VIII tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
G-Unit Radio: The Official Documentary. Basically Whoo Kid sat down with the Unit for an hour and a half. Quotables on quotables on quotables and lots of great tour anecdotes.

- "It's EFFEN Vodka now, no more of that Puffy Juice"
- Buck was the first to reach out for the reunion
- On what was preventing an earlier reunion, 50: "It was my personal expectations of them, I expected them to be bigger."
- 50: "You ever hear anyone say I didn't pay them (G-Unit)? No. They were overpaid."
- They're talking about money slowing up and when Yayo got all that free stuff when he got out of jail, Yayo: "Every rapper that just starts, what do they do? Get them a rapper's starter kit. Get a watch, the chain, a couple of cars, a couple of houses, a lot of bitches -that's a part of the starter kit-..."
50: "EXCEPT FOR YOU YAY, WITH THE GIRLS."
Yayo: "Okay you know, no comment."
- On new movements not being strong as old ones like the Wu, Banks: "You don't see their shit reach Kosovo and stuff"
50: "N***as is just going to Dubai, THIS YEAR."
- Buck says Kidd Kidd is like a missing piece of the puzzle of G-Unit
- 50: "When I hear people talking about Kidd Kidd like, 'why is he on there?' I'm like are you stupid? Did you not hear the shit?"
- Buck was talking about how it was hard at first to get people used to him being in G-Unit and then 50 says "because of his complexion, they didn't even miss the n***a. After Yayo went to jail, Buck hit the stage and they were like YAYOOO!"
- They talk about flying in to perform in Iraq and the plane bobbing up and down while being shot at by friendly fire, Banks "Then we get to the spot and n***a said nah, we cool, we only got one missile, we got one missile today, it's calm."
- Mention performing in Jamaica while people in the crowd are firing in the air, and before they performed someone died there, 50: "I got a call like, someone died, but the venue is still good"
- Buck: "You know when Jamaicans put their hand up and go BOP BOP BOP, it's only cause they don't got that motherfucking gun. But when they have that bitch in their hand, and they fuck with you, they're gonna let that shit off."
- They talk about some crazy show where people were throwing shit like bikes on stage before they got on, and to calm they're nerves 50 was like "Nah nah, it's cool, that's what n***as do out here."
Banks: "That's what n***as do out here?!"
- Talk about a show in South Africa in a soccer field, where if anyone jumped the fence the police started shooting at them.
50: "I guess their police have a different level of aggression"
Yayo: "Different level of aggression? Those motherfuckers will smoke you."
50: "I guess they identify better with getting shot better than us people."
- GIF of Buck dancing at 31:00 pls
- They perform a couple new songs in studio and it's kind of hype even the songs aren't the greatest
- 45:45 dancing overdrive
- SMS Audio in 62 countries, talks about not competing with Beats and learning from their mistakes (how they used Diddy, GaGa beats to get hot and then phasing those out instantly)
- Asked if going independent worries 50, "What more can you do for me? ... I got 38 million people on Facebook, I don't need to do interviews."
- Shooting videos for every song off the new G-Unit EP
- The Tyga/Chris Brown song was off of 50's new album initially.. lol. He says he has more songs with Chris Brown and a joint in the works with E-40
- Buck "Man, Taraji is sexier than a motherfucker."
Whoo Kid: "Well, she was, she kind of went in on you"
50: "She got an attitude. I don't care, I can fix that."
Whoo Kid: "Go 'head Fif"
50: "You know I'm like 9 inches? I will fix that shit. ... I GOT GIRTH"
- On Forest Whittaker, Whoo Kid "Is it true that his one eye is like completely looking one way and the othe-"
50: "Did you not just hear I said he was one of my favourite people? I will fuck you up."
- 50 doesn't think the Floyd/Pacquiao thing is happening, feels like Floyd would have beaten him any time
- Whoo Kid: "Did you go to Kanye's fashion show?"
50: "Nah man, whenever your jeans are touching your ankle, shit is not right."
- 50 taking shots at Sha Money at Epic for not bailing out Shmurda, "How your name's Money and you don't show up with money when the n***a go to jail?"
- Buck talks catching a charge while in jail
- When Yayo was talking to a label rep about if they were gonna make it or not, and Young Gunz were in the building, the rep said "Nah, y'all are good, you got 50. See these guys over here? Jay ain't gon' do shit for them."
- 50: "You're not supposed to bring an artist on tour unless you're going to groom the artist. Buck didn't come around me until he could be paid to be around me."
- Buck on the Rock The Mic tour: "I had a million dollars before I thought about putting a record out."
- On an Em/50 collabo album: "It's up to Em, creatively he has to be in that space."
- "Em was never involved in anything [label-wise] that I was disgruntled about, but he was there to provide these opportunities"
- Eminem mixed Buck's first record and Banks' On Fire too, damn
- Buck: "Trick Trick is the realest."
Whoo Kid: "This n***as daughter be wearing n***as chains."
- 50 spits some real talk about how to avoid your first hit overshadowing your career, says he learned that when he was making records with Jam Master Jay, and they had to hit the studio all over again to find something comparable or else he was going to drown himself out.
- Talks the recording process for The Massacre in more detail (mentions how he did 2 verses per song at first then went back to clean up the ones that worked, which I felt was interesting)

naw

a dollar says you prolly ride for legit trash like FF VIII tho
FFX is what I ride for. might get shit on for it but I don't even care breh

Nah, that would be a game I'd be proud of having a hand in creating. Shit, I might get consultation from some of those people down the road or even recruit them. Best battle system in the series. As much as I've delved into video game development, there are no technical faults at hand, there could've been a bunch of glitches that would ruin the games for players, but didn't and on a creative standpoint I can only see Matsuno's absence having an effect on the story's pacing and the algorithms on some of the treasures as being negatives, but as seeing as how strong the mechanics, writing, and world design are, they do not overlay the project as a whole.
world design is prolly the only thing I'd give you honestly

Hated the characters, couldn't even tell you what the story was about if you asked me, and it had the slowest gameplay (this is the biggest reason). Game was just extremely boring

IrishNinja

world design is prolly the only thing I'd give you honestly

Hated the characters, couldn't even tell you what the story was about if you asked me, and it had the slowest gameplay (this is the biggest reason). Game was just extremely boring

yeah, a dynamic & connected world that begs to be explored wont do much for an FFX fan where you just clicked on where you wanted to go

character-wise, XII shoulda stuck with bash or ashce but we got a weak protagonist, though not as weak as tidus at least. most of X's cast are weed carriers except for that one goth chick with the tits, and yes, the gambit system which finally did something other than stale-ass ATB/just keep mashing X to win was really off-putting if you ain't wanna put time setting up your shit

storywise i mean what could possibly touch the masterpiece that was hey tidus may not've actually existed but he was a metaphysical fart through time because of his father or something lol

all love doe

I didn't like Max Payne 3. Cool soundtrack but I kind of hated the structure/story of the game. Bored me.

i really dug 1 & 2 (kung-fu mod for 1 was great in the day too) but never got a chance to play 3, always been curious

effzee

G-Unit Radio: The Official Documentary. Basically Whoo Kid sat down with the Unit for an hour and a half. Quotables on quotables on quotables and lots of great tour anecdotes.

- "It's EFFEN Vodka now, no more of that Puffy Juice"
- Buck was the first to reach out for the reunion
- On what was preventing an earlier reunion, 50: "It was my personal expectations of them, I expected them to be bigger."
- 50: "You ever hear anyone say I didn't pay them (G-Unit)? No. They were overpaid."
- They're talking about money slowing up and when Yayo got all that free stuff when he got out of jail, Yayo: "Every rapper that just starts, what do they do? Get them a rapper's starter kit. Get a watch, the chain, a couple of cars, a couple of houses, a lot of bitches -that's a part of the starter kit-..."
50: "EXCEPT FOR YOU YAY, WITH THE GIRLS."
Yayo: "Okay you know, no comment."
- On new movements not being strong as old ones like the Wu, Banks: "You don't see their shit reach Kosovo and stuff"
50: "N***as is just going to Dubai, THIS YEAR."
- Buck says Kidd Kidd is like a missing piece of the puzzle of G-Unit
- 50: "When I hear people talking about Kidd Kidd like, 'why is he on there?' I'm like are you stupid? Did you not hear the shit?"
- Buck was talking about how it was hard at first to get people used to him being in G-Unit and then 50 says "because of his complexion, they didn't even miss the n***a. After Yayo went to jail, Buck hit the stage and they were like YAYOOO!"
- They talk about flying in to perform in Iraq and the plane bobbing up and down while being shot at by friendly fire, Banks "Then we get to the spot and n***a said nah, we cool, we only got one missile, we got one missile today, it's calm."
- Mention performing in Jamaica while people in the crowd are firing in the air, and before they performed someone died there, 50: "I got a call like, someone died, but the venue is still good"
- Buck: "You know when Jamaicans put their hand up and go BOP BOP BOP, it's only cause they don't got that motherfucking gun. But when they have that bitch in their hand, and they fuck with you, they're gonna let that shit off."
- They talk about some crazy show where people were throwing shit like bikes on stage before they got on, and to calm they're nerves 50 was like "Nah nah, it's cool, that's what n***as do out here."
Banks: "That's what n***as do out here?!"
- Talk about a show in South Africa in a soccer field, where if anyone jumped the fence the police started shooting at them.
50: "I guess their police have a different level of aggression"
Yayo: "Different level of aggression? Those motherfuckers will smoke you."
50: "I guess they identify better with getting shot better than us people."
- GIF of Buck dancing at 31:00 pls
- They perform a couple new songs in studio and it's kind of hype even the songs aren't the greatest
- 45:45 dancing overdrive
- SMS Audio in 62 countries, talks about not competing with Beats and learning from their mistakes (how they used Diddy, GaGa beats to get hot and then phasing those out instantly)
- Asked if going independent worries 50, "What more can you do for me? ... I got 38 million people on Facebook, I don't need to do interviews."
- Shooting videos for every song off the new G-Unit EP
- The Tyga/Chris Brown song was off of 50's new album initially.. lol. He says he has more songs with Chris Brown and a joint in the works with E-40
- Buck "Man, Taraji is sexier than a motherfucker."
Whoo Kid: "Well, she was, she kind of went in on you"
50: "She got an attitude. I don't care, I can fix that."
Whoo Kid: "Go 'head Fif"
50: "You know I'm like 9 inches? I will fix that shit. ... I GOT GIRTH"
- On Forest Whittaker, Whoo Kid "Is it true that his one eye is like completely looking one way and the othe-"
50: "Did you not just hear I said he was one of my favourite people? I will fuck you up."
- 50 doesn't think the Floyd/Pacquiao thing is happening, feels like Floyd would have beaten him any time
- Whoo Kid: "Did you go to Kanye's fashion show?"
50: "Nah man, whenever your jeans are touching your ankle, shit is not right."
- 50 taking shots at Sha Money at Epic for not bailing out Shmurda, "How your name's Money and you don't show up with money when the n***a go to jail?"
- Buck talks catching a charge while in jail
- When Yayo was talking to a label rep about if they were gonna make it or not, and Young Gunz were in the building, the rep said "Nah, y'all are good, you got 50. See these guys over here? Jay ain't gon' do shit for them."
- 50: "You're not supposed to bring an artist on tour unless you're going to groom the artist. Buck didn't come around me until he could be paid to be around me."
- Buck on the Rock The Mic tour: "I had a million dollars before I thought about putting a record out."
- On an Em/50 collabo album: "It's up to Em, creatively he has to be in that space."
- "Em was never involved in anything [label-wise] that I was disgruntled about, but he was there to provide these opportunities"
- Eminem mixed Buck's first record and Banks' On Fire too, damn
- Buck: "Trick Trick is the realest."
Whoo Kid: "This n***as daughter be wearing n***as chains."
- 50 spits some real talk about how to avoid your first hit overshadowing your career, says he learned that when he was making records with Jam Master Jay, and they had to hit the studio all over again to find something comparable or else he was going to drown himself out.
- Talks the recording process for The Massacre in more detail (mentions how he did 2 verses per song at first then went back to clean up the ones that worked, which I felt was interesting)

Damn amazing write up.

Esch

Banned
Explore the world of FFXII to do.... what exactly?

Interact with NPC's?

physics enabled objects?

Quests that aren't kill x monster?

Run around and enjoy real bad korean mmo-like combat and art?

RBK

Banned
I didn't like Max Payne 3. Cool soundtrack but I kind of hated the structure/story of the game. Bored me.

The story wasn't bad really, most people were upset it didn't stick to the noir style from 1/2.
At the same time, there really wasn't much you could build off on after MP 2.

Max Payne 3 is pretty cheap nowadays and I know the gunplay gets a bunch of love, so it's probably worth playing for ten bucks

The gunplay was great and yo when that trailer song plays right when the airport shootout starts...:whew

It's problem was that the game would transition into a cutscene every 5 minutes of gameplay. That was weak, but the gameplay itself was really good imo

More action games need to time the music with the cooler moments within fights. Only noticed it recently in Max Payne and metal gear rising

IrishNinja

Explore the world of FFXII to do.... what exactly?

Interact with NPC's?

physics enabled objects?

Quests that aren't kill x monster?

Run around and enjoy real bad korean mmo-like combat and art?

it's an FF, you basically just kill things on the overworld
i don't want to ruin this for you but that's kinda been the shtick since part 1

and hey Rabanastra or whatever that first town was was awesome too

also ill forgive the shot on the art since Matsuno/Ivalice is amazing and all baka gaijin desu ne kukuku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom