• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
PD idk where you live but you always seem so authoritative on ny radio lol do you live here or just listen from the outside occasionally?

it's just part of being an NY dickrider.

TxRcqGw.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
hot 97 has bad personalities and everyone likes power 105's more. but hot 97 play way more local/underground music than power 105

the only thing power 105 did that broke new music, as far as me hearing, was when they played this uncle murda 2014 rap up song like 30 times in a row

being fair though, this song IS pretty fucking crazy

PD idk where you live but you always seem so authoritative on ny radio lol do you live here or just listen from the outside occasionally?
FWIW, iHeartRadio has the On The Verge program which they use to test out how well new artists are received before rocketing them into space. I assume this is what people refer to when they talk about radio having it's own agenda, but it's clearly helped launch massive artists recently, notably Iggy.

DominoKid

maybe it's me but i'd rather take my chance breaking new more tracks/artists than playing old ass shit. i don't think going backwards is the answer for the radio. unfortunately i think this pop influx on rap radio is going to get worse before it gets better. i still recoil when i hear shit like Royals and Latch on my station but it is what it is.

in other news Blue Dream and Lean 2 is pretty good. this Don't Shoot track is cold.

FWIW, iHeartRadio has the On The Verge program which they use to test out how well new artists are received before rocketing them into space. I assume this is what people refer to when they talk about radio having it's own agenda, but it's clearly helped launch massive artists recently, notably Iggy.

It manufactures hits and conditions people to like stuff. Also who gets selected is largely a matter of industry favors amongst insiders. Meh.

If you give just about any catchy song 150-500 spins it can blow up.

Esch

Banned
Pop music on rap stations doesn't bother me cause we all know that the general state of music has been getting more and more homogenized ever since the internet came through and crushed the buildings.

it is what it is. You can't stop it.

Bowser

Grantland's Rembert Browne perfectly describes Drake's Know Yourself (my favorite track off It's Too Late):

Those six pulses that make up “I WAS RUNNING THROUGH THE 6 WITH MY WOES” exploded in that bar, exactly how they should have. You had your six headbangs, your freeze for five counts followed by an eruption of limbs, people climbing on their chairs and spilling their drinks, people beating their chests like Training Day Denzel, people doing the Rick James couch kick. It was all terribly uncouth and totally appropriate. The worst behavior was the right behavior — it mirrored what was being heard over the speakers.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/drake-at-night/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom