• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
The story is really really fucking awful. Just want to get that out there. Reaper of Souls has decent bump in writing quality but its still lol tier even as far as fantasy writing goes. You just don't feel as bad for the voice actors as you will while playing vanilla D3. D3 still has the best actual "feel" combat wise in an ARPG though. Not even the best clones come close.

I typed that out and realize you probably won't be getting RoS but still.

I'm only in it for the loot m8, couldnt give a fuck about vidyagame stories. I'm not an ARPG guy but i really liked Titan Quest, and had some fun with Path of Exile with PD and some other ppl.

Tokubetsu

Honestly, Blizz's whole deal beyond StarCraft never appealed to me. Something about their artistic design bothers me. Like giant orcs and spikes and shit was cool when I was 12 or whatever, but now it's just sorta silly tbh. I never found Diablo appealing either.

I could fuck with that overwatch game though.

Diablo isn't bad (im biased true) but this got really bad in WoW when they had to keep making assests for all the expansions and content. Around when ahn'qiraj raid hit WoW was peak creative bankruptcy seem to hit their armor/weapon team. They literally ran out of space to put spikes on things. It was hilarious.
I'm only in it for the loot m8, couldnt give a fuck about vidyagame stories. I'm not an ARPG guy but i really liked Titan Quest, and had some fun with Path of Exile with PD and some other ppl.

You should be good. Like I said, Diablo still has the best feel when it comes to killing shit and they fixed the loot system. Just don't make a barbarian.

studyguy

Diablo isn't bad (im biased true) but this got really bad in WoW when they had to keep making assests for all the expansions and content. Around when ahn'qiraj raid hit WoW was peak creative bankruptcy seem to hit their armor/weapon team. They literally ran out of space to put spikes on things. It was hilarious.

You should be good. Like I said, Diablo still has the best feel when it comes to killing shit and they fixed the loot system. Just don't make a barbarian.

I thought about trying it at some point. I might hit it up if they drop the price during black Friday or whatever. I don't think I'm completely unbiased either. I recall going in hard on PSO for dreamcast when I was in middle school and that set my whole perception for how loot action rpgs needed to be.

Pretty sure that set me on the track for all that weeb shit along with those Saturday morning DBZ cartoons.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
what kind of internet neckdweller are you =(

BTW, i'm probably going to give Diablo 3 my first go round. Free to 'try' but this shit still 20 dollars?Thats modern Blizzard for you
TxRcqGw.png
The story is really really fucking awful. Just want to get that out there. Reaper of Souls has decent bump in writing quality but its still lol tier even as far as fantasy writing goes. You just don't feel as bad for the voice actors as you will while playing vanilla D3. D3 still has the best actual "feel" combat wise in an ARPG though. Not even the best clones come close.

I typed that out and realize you probably won't be getting RoS but still.

toku is right story is complete shit. if you want i could just power you through it. also you NEED ros. its they only fun part of the game.

HiResDes

That's such a bro move, to call out someone else's opinion and then just shrug when someone calls out yours. It's like if you're not even going to argue or fight it then don't even say shit.

Courage

That's such a bro move, to call out someone else's opinion and then just shrug when someone calls out yours. It's like if you're not even going to argue or fight it then don't even say shit.

I'm not even sure if you're referring to me or 36. Either way, it's not that serious.

Esch

Banned
I dont even like Eminem or Drake, but SSLP and MMLP are better than anything Drake has ever done. It is what it is.

HiResDes

I dont even like Eminem or Drake, but SSLP and MMLP are better than anything Drake has ever done. It is what it is.

Take Care is pretty great man. And SSLP is really over appreciated. Sounds like something Doomtree would put out nowadays.

Courage

I listened to Eminem as a kid of course, but I grew out of that phase. I can't revisit any of his albums because I cringe whenever I hear his voice rhyming the most juvenile shit. He has a few great tracks (Stan is amazing). It's almost like his recent albums retroactively shit on anything decent he had back then. I prefer Drake's simp, vulnerable persona much more right now, although he shares his own cringeworthy moments. Same with Kanye and his stupid "put my wrist in her like a civil right's sign" lines. Almost ruins the songs.

HiResDes

I still enjoy Kanye's take on bold, brash rap much more than I really ever enjoyed Eminem's. Eminem's comedic songs have always resorted to bashing irrelevant pop culture figures without any sort of adherence to a theme or the fabric of a song beyond just a focus on adolescent trolling and shallow muckraking. When Kanye attempts to stir controversy it's usually on a larger scale and plays upon a particular movement or thought process rather than an immediate figure. There's also this marriage between the production Ye curates and his brashness that makes it much more palatable to me.

Courage

I still enjoy Kanye's take on bold, brash rap much more than I really ever enjoyed Eminem's. Eminem's comedic songs have always resorted to bashing irrelevant pop culture figures without any sort of adherence to a theme or the fabric of a song beyond just a focus on adolescent trolling and shallow muckraking. When Kanye attempts to stir controversy it's usually on a larger scale and plays upon a particular movement or thought process rather than an immediate figure.

I agree with you, which is why I can tolerate "I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" over his purely sexual lines like "eating asian pussy all I need is sweet and sour sauce."

yeah not like you had a headline inviting fuckery or anything
comeon.png

Like I said, I knew what I was getting into.

studyguy

Fuck, I'm getting sick brehs. I can feel it in my throat and my nose is runny and shit now. I can't be having this right before thanksgiving. How the fuck am I gonna eat without being able to taste half the food.

Esch

Banned
I don't think Kanye or Eminem are that funny with the punchlines tbh. The latter just dips into dumb TMZ shit w-a-a-a-y too often, and the former's brashness and swag joke lines are just oversold way too hard. To contrast i like how Cam'ron and Jigga just kinda effortlessly throw out some shit that sounds normal inside the verse but you listen the 2nd / 3rd time and you realize that shit's funny as hell, like w/ the computers putin or triple entendre dont ask me how type joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom