• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have such a bizarre, horrible taste in music.

You sure you aren't the one with horrible taste.

S9eei.gif

Esch

Banned
PD's Twitter analysis has Esch feeling some ways.

no feelings caught, just find the constant dickriding annoying
JgZs64Q.png

Kendrick could literally tweet "I poop lemons, taste my zest" and dudes (grown men) would act like it's the sermon from the mount and post 12 gifs. shits lame

IrishNinja

Look after Urselfs because only U can love U like U can, don't let HATE eat U up

the best part of national disasters is that everyone decides to come down from the mountains and bless each other with the pearls of wisdom attained from contemplating nothingness or simply what the school of gentle knocks has yielded

brb prolly need to delete a few more heads on FB

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Breakfast Club interview with Karen Civil. You see her name thrown around a lot and she obviously has one of the biggest blogs in hip-hop, but she breaks down what she does and how she came up.

Kind of crazy how much she's accomplished in terms of marketing and breaking artists. She's also partially responsible for Beats' insane promotion methods from how she describes it lol

Vorheez

gotta give you dap Des for turning me on to Father... nothing but dope shit from him. does he produce his own shit? if so, watch out, gonna make some noise

Edit: I mean, come on, how can you not love this?

Father-Nokia

Vorheez

Ok, do you know when you're just randomly checking shit out on youtube and stumble across something great? I just did brehs. I was checking out more Father tracks and stumbled across this gem, check it out and let know what yall think

ILoveMakonnen - Doubted

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Questlove and Chris Rock on Juan Epstein.

They talk about where each of them were when Biggie died, and how just as Questlove was turning in an op-ed on the Biggie/Roots beef to squash it and get the message out to Big, Biggie JUST passed away. Questlove also touches on moments where he nearly got stomped out by Puff.

But who cares about that.

Chris Rock said he was doing the end of Blame Game for 2 hours. It starts out innocuous and then..

Stannery reaches critical mass, especially for Chris Rock.
- Chris Rock says MBDTF is better than Thriller, Purple Rain, best album in the last 50 years
- They discuss Jay's Monster verse again lmfao I wish Cipha Sounds went in on it like he did last time
- Chris Rock says So Appalled is better than anything
- Everyone seems to agree Kanye is better than Eminem
- Chris Rock says MBDTF is better than Jay's entire career, Questlove trying his hardest not to agree to protect his relationship with Jay, says Reasonable Doubt is personally more important to him
- Questlove has never heard Black Republican because he knows it will never live up to his expectations

Can't wait for Jay to get butthurt again and call up Rosenberg to get him to apologize for hurting his feelings.

Gonna listen to the full podcast to see what other knowledge is dropped.

Vorheez

I've been bumping this for months and posted this numerous times, you just weren't listening.
my bad, thread goes fast. all that matters is that im listening now

and you gotta be crazy to think I'm checking out everything you post, the amount of music that goes through this thread is absurd. It isn't intentional if I miss somethin

DominoKid

i want to hear the outtakes of Blame Game. you know there's some gold quotes in there.

i'm surprised he'd put anything over Purple Rain. i thought that was his favorite album by far.

Macca

Chantelle comer ‏@Channyt6k 7h7 hours ago
@kendricklamar that's so true cuz nobody in this world will love u like u love urself.

Chantelle comer ‏@Channyt6k 7h7 hours ago
@SimplyHype @kendricklamar u just mad cuz he better than u so u shut up wit yo trash ass. LOL at that.

average kdot fan
Enzo SouljaSista ‏@enzo_gt 2h2 hours ago
@kendricklamar i LOVE u man. remember when we met in toronto you said if Id tweet you, you would tweet back, #TDEnzo #i #LOVE

yep. Stans be crazy.

HiResDes

Still ain't no talk about the Tory Lanez? I can't be the only one feeling this shit, it's derative sure, but undoubtedly a banger. Im gonna get so much play to Henny in Hand.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What you been listening to Wenis?
Went back to Amerikkka's Most Wanted, the new Caribou, the latest Grouper record. BLVCSVND has been getting consistent spins. RTJ2 is on at least once a week. Les Sins. Michael McDonald, FlyLo, that new Panda Bear record is nice and the VinylMePlease service sent me this crazy great pop record by
Perfume Genius
. Might have snuck into my overall AOTY list. Need to update my WCD list this weekend. I recently updated my phones playlist and have been catching up on records. I also bought an i6.

Cudder

On the last episode of Homeland season 1. This Damian Lewis character can't act for shit. This is the dude who beat Bryan Cranston for an emmy one year? All this hoopila about the 2 lead performances, meanwhile Mandy Patinkin is stealing the show.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just finished the Juan Ep. Good conversation. Highlights:

- Talk about PM Dawn birthing emo-rap, joke about em fathered Drake
- Ciph: "I like Dilla.. I just don't suck his dick"
Peter: "It's a dick worth sucking"
Cue discussion. "If LL died 15 years ago, OH GOD"
- Favourite producer: Rosenberg: Premier, Cipha: Dre, Rock: Yella Era Dr. Dre, Questlove: Dilla
- "Premier has every a cappella "From The Industry!" ever recorded!"
- New Jack City started people getting paid to make appearances at clubs
- Chris Rock talking about him chilling with JMJ, Rev, Rakim, Kane, etc. before he was a comedian, carrying crates for Houdini, etc. Good chunk of it is just talking about Chris Rock's history with hip-hop. Didn't know it was that deep.
- Yo they talk about people doing sessions with LL just to keep him happy when they know they won't put his shit out (spun out of conversation about LL not stopping making music and tarnishing his legacy), goddamn :(
- Peter asks Chris Rock if he ever spent late night evenings with Bill Cosby
- Drake changes his phone number like every 60 days, apparently
- Chris Rock: "I keep an old phone for old rappers."
- Chris Rock: "Selling crack was different back then. It was like Avon.. alright, supplement your income!"
- Quest listening to Black Republican for the first time. Cipha: "I love this beat." Quest: "YOU LOVE THIS BEAT?"
- They debate over if Nas and Jay would ever work on the same song
- Briefly talk about Neil Brennan's N-word pass, them shooting The N***er Family for Chappelle

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
On the last episode of Homeland season 1. This Damian Lewis character can't act for shit. This is the dude who beat Bryan Cranston for an emmy one year? All this hoopila about the 2 lead performances, meanwhile Mandy Patinkin is stealing the show.

The performances that are really spectacular tend to come in specific episodes. I fucking hate everyone on that show but I still watch it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just finished the Juan Ep. Good conversation. Highlights:

- Talk about PM Dawn birthing emo-rap, joke about em fathered Drake
- Ciph: "I like Dilla.. I just don't suck his dick"
Peter: "It's a dick worth sucking"
Cue discussion. "If LL died 15 years ago, OH GOD"
- Favourite producer: Rosenberg: Premier, Cipha: Dre, Rock: Yella Era Dr. Dre, Questlove: Dilla
- "Premier has every a cappella "From The Industry!" ever recorded!"
- New Jack City started people getting paid to make appearances at clubs
- Chris Rock talking about him chilling with JMJ, Rev, Rakim, Kane, etc. before he was a comedian, carrying crates for Houdini, etc. Good chunk of it is just talking about Chris Rock's history with hip-hop. Didn't know it was that deep.
- Yo they talk about people doing sessions with LL just to keep him happy when they know they won't put his shit out (spun out of conversation about LL not stopping making music and tarnishing his legacy), goddamn :(
- Peter asks Chris Rock if he ever spent late night evenings with Bill Cosby
- Drake changes his phone number like every 60 days, apparently
- Chris Rock: "I keep an old phone for old rappers."
- Chris Rock: "Selling crack was different back then. It was like Avon.. alright, supplement your income!"
- Quest listening to Black Republican for the first time. Cipha: "I love this beat." Quest: "YOU LOVE THIS BEAT?"
- They debate over if Nas and Jay would ever work on the same song
- Briefly talk about Neil Brennan's N-word pass, them shooting The N***er Family for Chappelle

how does Quest not like the Black republican beat?

dahell2.png

Gott damn music snobs hating on near perfection

snoop.png

The performances that are really spectacular tend to come in specific episodes. I fucking hate everyone on that show but I still watch it.
Sometimes Lewis is great, other times his acting is horrible. He seems to struggle with an American accent more than any recent UK actor to me. His entire face goes into contortions while delivering the most basic lines, and his tone is often weird. Still, when it works it really works.

S1 was great to me, with multiple classic moments. S2 was trash. S3 was a nice rebound. I'm about three episodes behind on S4 but like it so far.

PBY

Banned
You're gonna love season 2

DominoKid

S1 kinda sucked. If that was the high point like folks said then im glad i didnt watch the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom