• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Listened to the new Drake. Not a big fan of Drake really but I thought it was pretty okay. I guess. Okay I give it to you Drake.

Been getting into Gucci.. got me trippin in my seat like

tumblr_murlt4Frb51qh3epqo1_500.gif

What these hoes want? Ha. How da he ya git a bi Ha, Ha.

looooooooooo

injurai

Banned
Just as I thought GAF-Hop was in a pro-Big Sean swing too, we're back in the mud.

Stay positive y'all

I was telling ya'll I thought you hated on Drake. Ya'll was like "noooo we love him."

Then his shit dropped and ya'll was like. "Booo drake is wack, but damn he pulls down from sales."

Then something about it being lukewarm, and some consistent production but non-impactful. No one hot on his lyrics.

I don't even know anymore.

I don't even listen to drake, but all this drama fam... ants in mud.

Esch

Banned
Or perhaps gaf hop is not in fact a gestalt but a group of individuals with varying opinions subject to change with time and pressure

you guyzzzz

DominoKid

i'm actually looking forward to listening to this album in a bit to see if Sean has cutback on some of the elements of his formula that don't work. those track leaks from yesterday aren't encouraging.

say what you will about Drake retreading the same subject matter but he's gotten a lot better progressing his sound and fusing his rap/r&b elements. on his projects before NWTS there was some shit that was just flat out unlistenable.

HiResDes

My Birthday Music from last night: Most of my favorites and turn ups

Sa-Roc & DJ Premier – The Celestials – Prem-Roc
Nitty Scott MC – U.F.O. (Unfiltered Offering) – Art of Chill (2014)
A-F-R-O - Mayhem til the AM - 2013
MC Melodee – Vibing High - Vibing High (2007)
Nefertiti – Don't Drink the Water – L.I.F.E. (Living in Fear of Extinction) (1993)
Moderator – Sealed with a Kiss – As the Lights Fade (2014)
Nikki Lynette – Crossroads ft. Krayzie Bone – Roses -N- Guns 2: The Badder Ass Mixtape That Totally Rocks (2012)
Bone Thugs -N- Harmony – Tha Crossroads – E1999 Eternal (1995)
Raisi K the Raisin Man – Jem Is the Name – The Lost Raisins Collection (2013)
Nneka – Walking (JonDoe Remix) feat. Jay Electronica & Nas – No Longer at Ease (2008)
Outkast – So Fresh, So Clean – Stankonia (2000)
Black Milk – Sunday's Best – No Poison No Paradise (2013)
Black Milk – Monday's Worst – No Poison No Paradise (2013)

Gavlyn – No Worries Ft. Destruct – From the Art (2013)
2Pac – I Get Around ft. Digital Underground – Greatest Hits (1998)
SkyBlew – Just Another Day – SkyBlew's Unmodern Life (2014)
Smilez & Southstar – Tell Me (Instrumental) – Tell Me [Single] (2002)
Kanye West – Spaceship – College Dropout (2004)
Vanilla – Cry – Soft Focus (2012)
Vanilla – Falling in Love Again – Sweet Talk (2014)
2Pac – Brenda's Got a Baby – Greatest Hits (1998)
Nas – Life's a Bitch ft. AZ – Illmatic (1994)
Nitty Scott MC – A Beautiful Struggle/Boombox – Boombox Diaries (2012)
Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five – The Message – The Message (1982)
Nitty Scott MC – Bath Salt Freestyle
Outkast – SpottieOttieDopaliscious – Aquemini (1998)
Coolio – Fantastic Voyage – It Takes a Thief (1994)
Raekwon – Ice-Cream ft. Wu-Tang Clan - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (1995)
The Reminders – If You Didn't Know – Born Champions (2013)
DMX – How's It Goin Down ft. Faith Evans – It's Dark and Hell Is Hot (1998)
Khia – My Neck, My Back (Lick It) – Thug Misses (2002)
Akoko – The Yeah – Cataraps (2013)
Bambu – My Potnas – Sun of a Gun – (2013)
Sa-Roc – The Who? - Nebuchadnezzar (2014)
Sa-Roc – Lost Sunz – Nebuchadnezzar (2014)
Nas – If I Ruled the World feat. Lauryn Hill – It Was Written (1996)

Will link these later.

We have a different definition of turn-ups

IrishNinja

Wax is what I imagine falling from the tallest building on the planet must be like. It fucking wrecks you. Can't do them almost at all anymore, shit is kinda scary tbh.

this weekend gonna be the first time with a vape pen, lookin forward to it
pray for me brehs

RBK

Banned
Vaping is so much better than wax, it's like the first time high all over again. All I ever got were headaches from wax.

Going to get the Firefly vape whenever I get a chance to smoke again.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Vaping is so much better than wax, it's like the first time high all over again. All I ever got were headaches from wax.

Going to get the Firefly vape whenever I get a chance to smoke again.

But I thought you vaped wax? Or do you just put regular herb in it. Probably going to buy a vape first thing when I move back to WA state.

DominoKid

couple Dark Sky Paradise thoughts
- All Your Fault sounds like a track from a far better album that somehow ended up here. How foolish of me to think he'd really stepped his sound up after that trailer.
- Stay Down and I Know overstay their welcome but I like those tracks.
- Deep sounds like it's missing something in the beat.
- One Man still sounds corny but I like it in context of the album. John Legend's part is so good.
- PND killed the hook on Deserve It. That track is gonna get some burn.

5/10. Detroit and FFV3 still his only good projects.

All Your Fault, Blessings, I Know, Deep. I want to hear a whole Big Sean album w/ that type of vibe. Cut some of them corny tendencies out.
Play Your Games is getting kept too cause it sounds like some 90s shit.

The rest of the album proper
AixfG.png

Also I'm gonna need him to stop overrapping. Dude clearly has a nice rhythm to his flow when he's not trying to cram his bars in like Kweli. IDK why the fuck someone hasn't told him to cut that shit. Less is more but 6 (?) projects deep he is what he is now. He somehow only seems to improve in the spectrum of mediocrity like J Cole and Wale. Don't ever see either one of them leaping up to challenge Kendrick, let alone Drake. Shame he couldn't capitalize because folks we're ready to give him a chance.

beats Hall of Fame tho so I guess that's something

Mik317

Big Sean's new album is just like his first two. Like 5 songs I really like and a bunch of mediocre stuff.

so its ok I guess

- All Your Fault sounds like a track from a far better album that somehow ended up here. How foolish of me to think he'd really stepped his sound up after that trailer.
- One Man still sounds corny but I like it in context of the album. John Legend's part is so good.

All Your Fault, Blessings, I Know, Deep. I want to hear a whole Big Sean album w/ that type of vibe. Cut some of them corny tendencies out.

AixfG.png

Also I'm gonna need him to stop overrapping. Dude clearly has a nice rhythm to his flow when he's not trying to cram his bars in like Kweli. IDK why the fuck someone hasn't told him to cut that shit. Less is more but 6 (?) projects deep he is what he is now. He somehow only seems to improve in the spectrum of mediocrity like J Cole and Wale. Don't ever see either one of them leaping up to challenge Kendrick, let alone Drake. Shame he couldn't capitalize because folks we're ready to give him a chance.

Haven't heard the album but this is very prominent on that Blessings song with Drake. Especially when the percussion fades out...why over-rap with no drums breh? IMO this knack of his highlights the lack of actual producers in hip hop compared to other genres. How is it that he's doing that shit, presumably with no one saying "hey man...maybe you shouldn't overload your bars, you're ruining the pockets of the beat..."

codhand

the Outro might be my favorite Big Sean track ever.

seems better than the last album overall, still not sure why he tries to sing, ever.

codhand

the needledrop review killed my hype for it.

thing about Fantano is, much like pitchfork--whom he likes to differentiate himself from--his rap opinions aren't very good. he's all over the map with them. he comes from a metal, emo-punk background. that being said he was kinda dead on about the new ghost bbng tracks.

obviously all ghost albums get spins

AixfG.png

All Your Fault was suppose to be on Ye's album but Sean asked for it and Ye let him have it.

Grzi

This Cyhi tape is growing on me the more I listen to it, it's really good. More diverse than the first one, but still sounds cohesive, plus the mixing is mostly good so you feel like you're listening to an actual album.

Not feeling the Big Sean's album, really can't stand his rapping despite how clean and fast he spits (but people saying he's on Gibbs' level? C'mon), but there's a few bangers here and there. The Outro could be my favorite track, loving the vibe, reminds me of CD era Kanye.

Still, more people should check out the Cyhi.

BlackJace

All Your Fault is pretty smooth. Like, DominoKid is right in that it sounds like something on a better album that somehow landed on DSP.

Great track

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
But I thought you vaped wax? Or do you just put regular herb in it. Probably going to buy a vape first thing when I move back to WA state.
I can vape wax in my PAX, actually makes it tolerable and smoother instead of it being a brick to the face.

That BBNGxGhostface - DRIP DRIP

You know better than to put a whole album into the hand of one reviewer breh.

True but I'm less worried about his musical views and moreso about him saying the album is super short and Ghost doesn't have many verses.

He said DOOM's verse was average whereas I thought it was dope, so I know I'll disagree with him on stuff like that. But this is sounding like an instrumental album with Ghost tacked on. We'll see...

Esch

Banned
You guys ever spend like a whole night just listening to a sample of one of your favorite songs?

threw A Garden of Peace on endlessyoutube last night on repeat while I was doing some work. So many different emotions in this track, that sad yet optimistic, hopeful atmosphere.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Cyber Magicka is some dope shit. Check it out.

You guys ever spend like a whole night just listening to a sample of one of your favorite songs?

threw A Garden of Peace on endlessyoutube last night on repeat while I was doing some work. So many different emotions in this track, that sad yet optimistic, hopeful atmosphere.

Listened to the Bound 2 sample for a week straight.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Can't forget Michael McDonald

This BBNGXGHOSTFACE drip has some clipping issues and all the tracks sound hot, but right off the bat it's way more soulful and groovy than 36 seasons was and so far Ghost has a verse on every track but two (Mono and Starks Reality). I'm keeping my LP preorder. It's pretty dope.

That Big Sean record was aight. A few tracks I'll keep around, but per usual that's where he sits with me. Throws down heavy on a handful of tracks but lacks any cohesiveness a full album needs to be viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom