• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

Lonnie Liston Smith
5NkGMTi.gif

big ander

the surest conclusion I drew from the ghost/bbng is that Tree and badbad need to collab for a record yesterday

Street Knowledge and Nuggets of Wisdom were the two new standouts to me, Gunshowers and Six Degrees still great. other than that none of the actual rap tracks blew me away, all go down easy though. Instrumental interludes are all slick

overcast

True but I'm less worried about his musical views and moreso about him saying the album is super short and Ghost doesn't have many verses.

He said DOOM's verse was average whereas I thought it was dope, so I know I'll disagree with him on stuff like that. But this is sounding like an instrumental album with Ghost tacked on. We'll see...
Yeah, I don't know. I am just kind of tired of Ghost lately. Seems to me like he's lazy and going through the motions. BBNG probably produced a good record and I liked the Danny verse so I'll still check the project out.
Kid Cudi is sooo dope.

overcast

I think the setting and visuals has everything to do with what people saw in it. We saw minimal gameplay throughout the development, and what was shown was not particularly encouraging imo. Looked like an awfully generic and dull third person shooter with a particularly pretty paint job thrown over it.

Still kind of want to check it out though, maybe red box over a weekend and beat it.

studyguy

I heard it doesn't give you blowjobs and Nickleback did the soundtrack. Also the devs punch babies.

Again that's all I've heard, and I believe it.
Why would the internet lie to me.

Fjordson

I want to love this new Ghostface. Maybe my favourite MC and BBNG is a great band, but eh. Ghost sounds really bored and it's over really quickly. Disappointingly forgettable after two listens.

The setting and visuals arent even impressive though. It looks bland as shit.
The visuals? I think that's the one thing it has going for it. And alternate history Victorian England is dope.

injurai

Banned
Why were people expecting The Order 1886 to be good? I hardly saw any gameplay of it. Does the setting have something to do with it?

I still have no clue what it brings to the table gameplay wise. It looks less intricate than gears of war. It's all just embroidery and dressings to skin it in an interesting setting.

I've tried to listen to Comedy Bang Bang, couldn't do it... maybe it was just the episode but it was pretty boring.

Yeah, the podcast can be hard to get into due to its weird rhythms/pacing and all the recurring characters. You don't have to start from the very beginning, though, find a guest you like and branch out from there. Andy Daly's characters were kinda my gateway, really recommend pretty much any episode he's on (plus his own podcast series).

That said, the TV show is pretty different from the podcast and has some fantastic episodes (and some mediocre ones), definitely worth a look. Plus most of it's on Netflix so just go by the titles and find a guest that appeals to you.

Kid Cudi's an uh interesting choice for the new cohost. He's pretty charismatic though so it should be a fun new direction for the series at least.

HiResDes

Tracklist

1.Augmentation
2.Stop (feat. Steve Roxx / prod. Apollo Brown) 03:12
3.Eyes Wide Open (feat. Ras Kass)
4.Promise Land
5.How I Move (feat. Eric "Blakk Soul" Keith)
6.Candlelight (feat. Marv Won)
7.Kings (feat. Jalen Santoy, Novej, & Lute)
8.Augmentation (L'Orange Remix)
9.Promise Land (Apollo Brown Remix)

...I believe this is Big Pooh's debut project on MMG.

Tracklist

1.Augmentation
2.Stop (feat. Steve Roxx / prod. Apollo Brown) 03:12
3.Eyes Wide Open (feat. Ras Kass)
4.Promise Land
5.How I Move (feat. Eric "Blakk Soul" Keith)
6.Candlelight (feat. Marv Won)
7.Kings (feat. Jalen Santoy, Novej, & Lute)
8.Augmentation (L'Orange Remix)
9.Promise Land (Apollo Brown Remix)

...I believe this is Big Pooh's debut project on MMG.

I heard of this guy from Nitty's album. Seeing he has L'Orange, Apollo Brown, and Ras Kass on it, I'm going to check it out when it drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom