• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanye West Breakfast Club Interview
Pretty good lengthy interview touches on a lot of topics (I'll hit the music stuff)
Doesn't like autotune (lol) just likes the effect it can do with his voice (ex Runaway outro)
Says his album will be a "surprise" release and its 80 % done
Still working on All Day with Vic Mensa & Q-Tip
Wolves is inspired by a convo with Drake about making a collab album called Wolves.
They've been sending each other tracks.
Watch The Throne, The Adidas clothing line and the Drake/Wayne tour stopped the collab from happening but it may happen now that he said it publicly
Has track with Young Thug for Rihanna's album
Dropped Only One first instead of All Day because it felt like him with it being more personal
He felt songs like Only One set him apart from other artists in the first place.

EDIT
Didn't speak on Michael Brown/Ferguson because his Dad told him not to at the time says he has a record on the album dealing about that particular topic.

illadelph

I've listened to over half of the medium sean album and it's pretty great...he's not gonna make fans out of those who never liked him but it is good for what it is

Wait... Is this Can Ox album going to be good? These tracks aren't awful. Blade is too long though. Ehhh. I'll give it a listen, first track they released got me hyped.

studyguy

watch the throne

B8ehrXrIcAIQIHy.jpg

Esch

Banned
Watch the Throne? Ferrari Boyz? Nah.

Has to be something that's a shit followup to a duo classic.

something like Blackout 2.

Watch the Throne? Ferrari Boyz? Nah.

Has to be something that's a shit followup to a duo classic.

something like Blackout 2.
Breh why. I remember it being not so bad. Then again I didn't listen to blackup 1 at the time and never wanted to go back to 2.

Esch

Banned
Breh why. I remember it being not so bad. Then again I didn't listen to blackup 1 at the time and never wanted to go back to 2.

Yeah, that's basically it. It's just completely

ibnBkg6EI4PSEV.gif

tier shit. which is really in some ways the worst kind of album because it's like you don't really even process it or remember it. Like I can't even recall a single beat or bar off that shit. Not a good sign.

studyguy

Ye is dope, fuck that haters

If nothing else I think he has a dope mindset of what his ultimate goal is in regards to his clothing line and what he wants to do for those who aren't rich as fuck. I don't necessarily think Kanye is the most eloquent dude in interviews, he always seems to get muddled in laying out his ideas but I don't take that as being aimless. That Tesla dude is a shitty speaker as well, but I mean the drive is clearly there for the two of them. That feels like it counts more than anything. And yeah that interview as a whole is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom