• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
low key, rae has consistently had some of the worst cover art in the game recently. just absolute shit.

Immobilarity.jpg

Raekwon_lex.jpg

Shaolinwutang.png

Yeup.

Fjordson

Kanye West Breakfast Club Interview
Pretty good lengthy interview touches on a lot of topics (I'll hit the music stuff)
Doesn't like autotune (lol) just likes the effect it can do with his voice (ex Runaway outro)
Says his album will be a "surprise" release and its 80 % done
Still working on All Day with Vic Mensa & Q-Tip
Wolves is inspired by a convo with Drake about making a collab album called Wolves.
They've been sending each other tracks.
Watch The Throne, The Adidas clothing line and the Drake/Wayne tour stopped the collab from happening but it may happen now that he said it publicly
Has track with Young Thug for Rihanna's album
Dropped Only One first instead of All Day because it felt like him with it being more personal
He felt songs like Only One set him apart from other artists in the first place.

EDIT
Didn't speak on Michael Brown/Ferguson because his Dad told him not to at the time says he has a record on the album dealing about that particular topic.
Damn, I would love a Drake & Ye album someday.

Wouldn't a Drake/Kanye album be Watch The Throne 2? A fading star clinging to a superstar for relevance?

In five years Drake will do Watch The Throne 3 with Jaden Smith.

Furyous

Wouldn't a Drake/Kanye album be Watch The Throne 2? A fading star clinging to a superstar for relevance?

In five years Drake will do Watch The Throne 3 with Jaden Smith.

That album would be the worst album in the history of hip-hop. Jaden Smith introing every track with some variant of we are not a color but an existence in the form of an alien that views lights that become color.

Jaden Smith on dat mid 2000's Nas. Sitting there like, what did this dude just say?

Yeah, that's basically it. It's just completely

ibnBkg6EI4PSEV.gif

tier shit. which is really in some ways the worst kind of album because it's like you don't really even process it or remember it. Like I can't even recall a single beat or bar off that shit. Not a good sign.
Ayooo ayo ayo....
Yeah

You gotta respect Rae's talent for ass tier everything. It allows him to recognize wackness around him - such as RZA's trash beats - yet he is unable to detect his own trash. Dude is like Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense, he doesn't know he's wack. Every crew needs a friend like him. He'll save you from entering a bad marriage or falling for a pyramid scheme. All while he buys gasoline to huff, with pay day loans.

He'll bless us with a couple hard joints but mix in 9-12 cheap beats from Ollie up the block. Throw some bad art on top, cheap mastering, and call it a day.

Esch

Banned
Ain't really a competition at this point anymore. Ghost is the best. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

technical ability, writes the widest ranges of songs, best ear for production, consistently themes his projects cohesively.... best discography by large gap. He's the creme de la clan, and the only one in the running for GOAT.

Ain't really a competition at this point anymore. Ghost is the best. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

technical ability, writes the widest ranges of songs, best ear for production, consistently themes his projects cohesively.... best discography by large gap. He's the creme de la clan, and the only one in the running for GOAT.
Pretty much.

RBK

Banned

94fr7tE.gif

Esch

Banned
don't lie to yourself RBK. you know in your deepest of hearts that Rae has one classic album, one of the best albums ever but even on that a large portion of the dopest raps came from Ghost , and the album's sonic decisions appear to have been completely put together by the RZA. and the rest of his discography is middling at best, even the stuff that people were really high on at the time like Cuban Linx II isn't really that impressive concept wise. nor is it even really catchy or headnoddy. Honestly, I don't even think that at his peak as a rapper he could have put together a good/great album just calling the shots on his own. like PhoenixDark said, his eyes and eyes and sense are suspect.

raekwon is the robin to ghostface's batman, he always has been.

you know this.

Esch

Banned
people thought cuban 2 was good? when?

it was a different time then. people still had hope that the wu had something resembling a pulse left. gaf hop had wu wednesdays.

tbh, most outlets and people received it well. it has an 88 on metacritic, which is pretty funny in retrospect. I think people really just wanted a Wu album post fishscale to be listenable.

RBK

Banned
Haven't listened to much Raekwon outside of both Cuban Linx and Shaolin vs. Wu Tang. As previously stated, the first OB4CL tops anything in Ghost's catalog plus I'll argue the 2nd is on par with Fishscale. Nor does he disappoint on features.

Ironman/SC/Fishscale are all great albums and while I'm not a big fan of Twelve Reasons to Die, it's still a solid album. I'll give you that he's been able to diversify and put out more music than Rae, he's simply not a better rapper than the Chef.

This is where Blackace would chime in and say that Meth is better...

But I agree.

Esch

Banned
Haven't listened to much Raekwon outside of both Cuban Linx and Shaolin vs. Wu Tang. As previously stated, the first OB4CL tops anything in Ghost's catalog plus I'll argue the 2nd is on par with Fishscale. Nor does he disappoint on features.

Ironman/SC/Fishscale are all great albums and while I'm not a big fan of Twelve Reasons to Die, it's still a solid album. I'll give you that he's been able to diversify and put out more music than Rae, he's simply not a better rapper than the Chef.

here's why you haven't listened to much rae, because everything from 95-2009 is mostly bad. and everyone ignores it when they list him as one of the 'best members of the clan'.

fishscale is an overrated album, but even then I think it's probably a little better than CL2.

i don't know why you think Rae is technically in another tier than Ghostface. I'd go so far as to say Rae is a very one note rapper and writer. he's not really good for anything but the occasional drug tale. Ghost is a rare talent, he can be both extremely vivid and abstract, sometimes on the same album.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Only cause ODB smoked hisself to a crazy death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom