• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

In the end I'll let you down~

UeA1IzM.gif

I'm mixed on that Travis Scott article. Obviously the man makes trash music and can't really rap but I'll be fair to him. The article really is based around an outdated view of the rap come up: you toil in obscurity, release multiple projects, then get your big break. Today people put shit on soundcloud and it goes viral. Is there often a guidingg hand behind the scenes that gets song on blogs? Sure. But ultimately that's not the case for everyone who gets buzz.

Travis Scott probably has family members or friends with connections. Or maybe Mike Dean heard his shit and made the call. Either way he's here now. So? He's not popular, and his fans tend to exist solely online. He's mainly known as Kanye's ghostwriter/producer. The article fails to recognize that Travis sounds like Kanye not because he's biting him, but because he's writing for him. It's obvious.

He's not the first person to merge sounds. Unfortunately trap is the predominant sound right now, and everyone is doing something to it - straight out Lugar/Chop bites or the more "artistic" Travis Scott approach, IE throw some chants or orchestra samples on top of 808s and call it the sound of the culture.

Esch

Banned
Been listening to that Yen Lo/Ka song all night. Damn i just wish more people could put in effort into their shit like he does.

Shoveled snow to that shit.

mooooose

I'm not in the boat that thinks OB4CL is clearly better than Iron Man. I mean it's close, ya'll making it sound like one is clearly better and that Rae is better technically...Fuck outta here.

rae has better bars on ironman but ob4cl has better beats, more interesting songs (knuckleheadz, ice cream) , and great ghost verses (criminology, guillotine/swordz, ice cream, glaciers of ice, verbal intercourse).

ob4cl is a classic imo but little to do with rae even. its rza and ghost. ironman is a classic because everyone came correct (ghost, rae, capp and rza) but that shit meanders so badly half way through. i cant listen to it in full without getting bored anymore. after daytona 500 that shit just gets sooooo boring and the instrumental riding on soul controller is like "zzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Grzi

That Heems track "Home" someone posted a few days ago is really amazing, best song released in these few months of 2015 for me.

JohnDoe

Banned
Late to the party, but All Your Fault is dope af. The way they used that sample brehs... blessed as fuck. Considering it's a track that was intended for Ye's album, this makes me a little more optimistic for his new album.

Man I was playing some PC games with some friends yesterday, one dude was playing music...and that Pay For It song from Jay Rock came out. Haven't heard it in awhile but man...that has one of the WORST singing hooks I've ever heard. She's off key, it doesn't really fit the song at all, and just sucks energy out of the track.

TDE is so obsessed with being different that they pass up easy wins. All Jay Rock needed was a couple Mustard beats and he would have gotten a 2014 release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom