• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIrvh9AuD1k

ibf4tzr4HcfTCs.gif
Lmfao

What's with all these sexy ass gifs in here?

This one got me as aqueous as the Amazon.

Poetic Death stays with the phenomenal cover arts. I think I gave him 3rd place last year for that artwork. I didn't know you fuck with Organized Threat. What do you think of Death? I'm in the middle with him. Nothing stands out, but there are a few songs I like of his: Dear Maiden, Ephemeral, Castlevania, FREDO, and The Reign of VII. I'll be downloading this. I'm not sure if I'll post a review for it today or wait until November when I do the best of the year thread again, but I'll be posting another review later.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just want to echo that BHP2 gets better on repeated listens, and it does feel at least in line with BHP's direction, but something is still missing for me. That might be the tone, energy, production, cohesion or even just going into BHP fresh vs. BHP2 having BHP behind it. I think it's a little bit of everything. I think the rapping is just as excellent but everything else you can think of is a notch or two down.

HiResDes

Just want to echo that BHP2 gets better on repeated listens, and it does feel at least in line with BHP's direction, but something is still missing for me. That might be the tone, energy, production, cohesion or even just going into BHP fresh vs. BHP2 having BHP behind it. I think it's a little bit of everything. I think the rapping is just as excellent but everything else you can think of is a notch or two down.

What album are you talking about?

Was? Shit, she still is.

Nah, she dropped about three points on the scale, maybe two and a half.

February 21st is such a glorious day. I found two new terrific albums, one is due to the great thabiz. I thank you for that. New music video dropped, people sharing wonderful music and Nas announced new stuff coming. I got treated to a Chili's Volcano Cake, and the weather didn't fuck up on me. Praise be to Yevon.

Cheddahz

Banned
actually found a brand new copy of supreme clientele on record at a record store today (and for only twenty bucks too, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than it is online now)

lawd.png
lawd.png

I just heard Wolves by Kanye West. Damn if that isn't the most beautifully atompsheric hip hop song I've heard so far this year, maybe ever. Only One and FourFiveSeconds are alright, but this song has got me hyped for his new album, I need to listen to the raw version of the song like now.

Cheddahz

Banned
i don't live near any record stores (went to a city that's two hours away from me today), so most of my music shopping is done online

was just kinda happy to finally find it for a decent price

https://soundcloud.com/ray_wonder/trippy-blvd

I made another beat lol. Check it out if you want.

It's ok, but I really enjoy God's Grace. Why y'all ain't paying this boy any attention?

Album: The Miner's Canary
Artist: Akua Naru
Tracklist:
1. The Mine
2. Heard
3. Canary Dreams feat. Cody ChesNuTT
4. Seraphim
5. The Dark
6. (Black&) Blues People feat. Christian Scott
7. Boom Bap Back feat. Dynasty & Sa-Roc
8. Mr. Brownskin feat. Georgia Anne Muldrow
9. Sugar (HoneyIceTea) feat. Ahrel Lumzy
10. Untitled (Asé)
11. Toni Morrison
12. On Beauty
13. The Flight
14. Falling
15. One Woman feat. Dr. Tricia Rose
16. Fly feat. Ben L'Oncle Soul

Runtime: 60 minutes

Akua Naru brings The Miner's Canary after her first album The Journey Aflame in 2011 and its live version Live & Aflame Sessions which dropped in the following year. The Miner's Canary is an album much like The Journey Aflame in that it integrates jazz, but it is also an entity of its own. The jazz integration is more blues centric this time around and I've noticed more usage of guitars. The productions on this sound more live vs digital which I felt Journey had, so the production on this is more akin to Live & Aflame Sessions, but at the same time it doesn't sound like a live album. Akua Naru delivers on the poetic standpoint just as strong as The Journey Aflame. Her flow is always on perfect blend with the production and her lyrics evoke emotion and message. In this album she talks about love, music, freedom and there's a tribute song to Toni Morrison. I believe the title of the album relays a metaphor in that she wants to relay messages to a community to prevent cancerous thoughts in comparison to the caged canaries miner's used to take into mines to warn the miners of poisonous gases.
The featured artists on this album all do a stupendous job. R&B singer Cody ChesNuTT, provided some sensational vocals to "Canary Dreams", Ben L'Oncle Soul evokes a John Legend sound, and my girls Dynasty and Sa-Roc kill it on the microphone in "Boom Bap Back". I hope that the featured artists will gain notoriety in their own right down the road. The Miner's Canary is an excellent follow up to Akua Naru's previous works. I'm not quite sure if it's better than The Journey Aflame and Live & Aflame Sessions, but right now it's sitting right next to them. This album is a contender for album of the year for me with only possibly three other artists who could rival it.
9.5/10

Notable Tracks: They are all great, so it's hard for me to pin one, but I'll say Fly for now. I was surprised about Sa-Roc's inclusion on that track, but if Nas, yU, Natti, or Rapsody was on it too, it would be a no-brainer and I'd go bonkers.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
It's ok, but I really enjoy God's Grace. Why y'all ain't paying this boy any attention?

lmao this made me laugh more than it should have.

I appreciate it though! God's Grace took me like 4-5 hours, and Trippy blvd only took like 1 1/2. Just trying to mix up the style some.

Vorheez

After Snuggles and Tokus exchange last night I've been going on a little journey through all of Bones' music, dude is somethin special, i'm downloading Garbage right now

RBK

Banned
They all look really good, but usually stick with the original covers.

It's like changing laces on Jordans, a no-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom