• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marry strippers brehs...

The system is definitely fucked up.. But at the end of the day it really seems like a lot of people are treating children like toys. Accessories. Having a kid is serious shit, not a game or something you put down until you want to take some Instagram pics of it again. The sad thing is that I know people like that - who either get married or have a kid with their bf/gf thinking it'll be the best thing ever...and they're not fit to be a parent. Lifestyle, income, temperament, whatever...it's a mixture of shit. Obviously Wiz has the money to take care of a kid, but his lifestyle is horrible. Then you have Amber leaving her kid to go "host" parties outside the country.

I feel bad for Wiz but at the end of the day, know what you're fucking with. There's a difference between someone who is cool and someone who could be a good mother. You can't fuck with people who want fame for fame's sake. And honestly...Kanye is going to have this same problem with the Kardashians in a year or two. And it sucks because Kanye will ultimately be fine, as will Kim. It's the kid that suffers.

injurai

Banned
put this in the OT

ATeTIAw.gif

drake doing 500k in three days on a mixtape with 14 tracks on billboard's hot hip-hop/r&b and new biggie sean about to blow. soulja girls run 2k15

also, kanye said new album was basically going to be that bound 2 sound. not sure if feelin that direction. dude still should have dropped the album right after the breakfast club interview, coming off of the grammys.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
kinda surprised All Day is still coming out tbh. i'm sure it's changed a lot but still.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
drake doing 500k in three days on a mixtape with 14 tracks on billboard's hot hip-hop/r&b and new biggie sean about to blow. soulja girls run 2k15

also, kanye said new album was basically going to be that bound 2 sound. not sure if feelin that direction. dude still should have dropped the album right after the breakfast club interview, coming off of the grammys.
He didn't say it will sound like Bound 2, just that it will have a bit more musicality to it than Yeezus.

Even though we've received a lot of conflicting reports, the Kanye BC interview kind of affirms what S1 said about the album being feel good, summertime BBQ stuff. In the same breath Ye kind of condemned lining up another Cruel Summer so I still assume the actual production will probably take more from Yeezus than either straight trap or straight soul.

feel good, summertime BBQ stuff.

yea this is what i was referencing. ye gonna drop a people-pleaser and do solid numbers to fund his next anti-project. let the adidas hate build up a little more. yeezus 2 proper gon deliver. but whatever this next one is, color me cautiously optimistic.

Courage

I kinda wish Kanye retires from music after this album. He's pretty comfortable at the moment, and since his music reflects his state of mind, I don't wanna see him stagnating with feel-good music and turning into another Hov.

But who am I to underestimate the god?

Esch

Banned
Kanye will never retire since his other ventures will probably never take off. He's already carrying on just like Hov did taking elements from here and there and making it his. And has been since the 00s.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He didn't say it will sound like Bound 2, just that it will have a bit more musicality to it than Yeezus.

Even though we've received a lot of conflicting reports, the Kanye BC interview kind of affirms what S1 said about the album being feel good, summertime BBQ stuff. In the same breath Ye kind of condemned lining up another Cruel Summer so I still assume the actual production will probably take more from Yeezus than either straight trap or straight soul.

and it'll be titled Good Ass Job

it's happening

Courage

the post you quoted was a neutral opinion, not an indictment

In all seriousness, I don't see how Kanye incorporates those influences any way differently or 'lazily' than other cross-genre artists. I'm not trying to be a blindly faithful stan here (although y'all probably think that's BS), just trying to see examples of how it's done properly or more fully realized.

Esch

Banned
In all seriousness, I don't see how Kanye incorporates those influences any way differently or 'lazily' than other cross-genre artists. I'm not trying to be a blindly faithful stan here (although y'all probably think that's BS), just trying to see examples of how it's done properly or more fully realized.
neutral opinion, not an indictment

Kind of want it to sound like Yeezuz.

Also what's up with the timer on kabye's site?

Kanye gonna be so broke one day, after investing into a stupid idea or trusting someone he shouldn't trust.

College Dropout 2, coming in 2024 on Koch Amalgam Digital records.

Kanye gonna be so broke one day, after investing into a stupid idea or trusting someone he shouldn't trust.

College Dropout 2, coming in 2024 on Koch Amalgam Digital records.

I mean it's not like he's taking the financial risk with this Adidas joint. And when was the last time Ye invested his own money into something that bombed?

"Rich people stay rich by investing other people's money into stupid things but slapping their name on it if it blows up." - Jay/Diddy/Dre, 2014

Nibel

Kanye will make music until he dies; deep inside he knows what his true talent is. No matter how many hobo sweaters he designs or if he works for FUBU one day, he'll always be part of music.

Besides,

Nori gotta eat

Courage

Kanye will make music until he dies; deep inside he knows what his true talent is. No matter how many hobo sweaters he designs or if he works for FUBU one day, he'll always be part of music.

Besides,

Nori gotta eat

Probably, he implied that in the Breakfast Club interview as well. I just don't wanna see a drop in quality since the guy has one of the best discographies of all time.

Furyous

All I want is Yeezus to stop this avant garde stuff. Come back down to earth. He's slowly coming down with Only One and FourFiveSeconds but Wolves... meh.

---

Name a shittier hip-hop podcast than the hip-hop digest show. This podcast has more golden era bitching and old school NYC elitism than I can handle. They criticized Pames Jrince (who we are not disparaging in any capacity) for coming at Diddy and bigged up Diddy for slapping Drake in the same episode. These dudes partied over Bobby Shmurda going to jail and Chief Keef getting dropped. Don't even get me started on ideological inconsistencies in their logic in regards to authenticity... There's nothing worse than an elitist regionalist that hates to see people from other places eating.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Probably, he implied that in the Breakfast Club interview as well. I just don't wanna see a drop in quality since the guy has one of the best discographies of all time.
I see Kanye's value in helping other artists moving forwards. You can just tell how passionate he is about just making dope music, whether it be hitting Tyga up out of nowhere to executively produce his album, reaching out to Dipset after they dissed him or cosigning/supporting whoever he can even if he doesn't get to put his stamp on it. He'll take the Dre lane but be a bit more active with it I think. I especially get this feeling with him talking about sharing knowledge.

I think Ye cares too much about culture/music to put himself above it, even though it doesn't seem like he has enough time to focus on anything sufficiently nowadays.

All I want is Yeezus to stop this avant garde stuff. Come back down to earth. He's slowly coming down with Only One and FourFiveSeconds but Wolves... meh.

---

Name a shittier hip-hop podcast than the hip-hop digest show. This podcast has more golden era bitching and old school NYC elitism than I can handle. They criticized Pames Jrince (who we are not disparaging in any capacity) for coming at Diddy and bigged up Diddy for slapping Drake in the same episode. These dudes partied over Bobby Shmurda going to jail and Chief Keef getting dropped. Don't even get me started on ideological inconsistencies in their logic in regards to authenticity... There's nothing worse than an elitist regionalist that hates to see people from other places eating.

I dont think ive listened to a rap podcast other than combat jack or shots fired. Are there many others?

I see Kanye's value in helping other artists moving forwards. You can just tell how passionate he is about just making dope music, whether it be hitting Tyga up out of nowhere to executively produce his album, reaching out to Dipset after they dissed him or cosigning/supporting whoever he can even if he doesn't get to put his stamp on it. He'll take the Dre lane but be a bit more active with it I think. I especially get this feeling with him talking about sharing knowledge.

I think Ye cares too much about culture/music to put himself above it, even though it doesn't seem like he has enough time to focus on anything sufficiently nowadays.

Much truth.

Speaking of retirement and Dre lanes

bCe3aPq.png

dI01kPo.png

And with that Taylor Gang is even more irrelevant.

DominoKid

not hip hop but that Mayer Hawthorne & Jake One throwback dance album Tuxedo leaked a couple weeks ago.

it's pretty good. if you like Chromeo check the album out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom