• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned

lawd.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dear Moleskine went from one of my most anticipated tracks of all time to what will essentially find itself with a J. Cole freestyle on it in the next 6 months.

So w/that description is this an indication Act II is dead in the water or what?

Fuck Jay Electronica. So much wasted potential.

The original Act II was scrapped years ago. Initially it had Exhibit C and some of the other tracks we heard in the past, and the hang up was allegedly them waiting on a Nas verse. The last tracklist Jay Elec revealed didn't show any of the Just Blaze tracks, no Nas verse, etc.

At this point I've moved on. He had his shot, and had the spotlight. Didn't do shit with it...and then Drake/Cole/Kendrick/etc came along and #shifted rap. There's nothing for him to save now.

So w/that description is this an indication Act II is dead in the water or what?

Fuck Jay Electronica. So much wasted potential.

Dude had a child with Erykah Badu and then got it in with a Rothschild while being one of the best rappers to never put out an album

The only good Jay Elec songs were Exhibit C and Shiny Suit Theory (and Shiny Suit Theory is only listenable cause of Hov)

Act I is pretty awesome

Furyous

I dont think ive listened to a rap podcast other than combat jack or shots fired. Are there many others?

There's NappyAfro, Where's My 40 Acres, and technically they talk about hip-hop on the black guy who tips. All of these podcast hosts are ain't shit hall of famers. That hip-hop digest show podcast needs an alternative title: Old, Mad, and Hating.

IrishNinja

still bumping that yung snuggles shit

actually found a brand new copy of supreme clientele on record at a record store today (and for only twenty bucks too, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than it is online now)]

i simultaneously feel happy for you but alarmed that was one of the last ghost albums i needed on vinyl...fuck

I feel like I have poisoned you.

not just him, fam

Suicidal thoughts or Can I Kick It? Pick only one.

the former is a classic joint for sure, but the latter is a go-to forever now

SE1A7j9.png

when I saw you get hit in the cross fire I knew it was worth it

ahahaha damn, welcome back both of ya'll

"I need feminism because I'm a father."

could we not do this here

Can I Kick It

yes you can

I kinda wish Kanye retires from music after this album.

sass1.png

i know what you're thinking fam, but let's be honest: Ye's great but he ain't got a Black Album in him
sass2.png

The only good Jay Elec songs were Exhibit C and Shiny Suit Theory (and Shiny Suit Theory is only listenable cause of Hov)

you really don't mean this

IrishNinja

Docsdaname2000.jpg

dug up some old albums for the whip & damn does this one age like fine wine for me...well, past a few skits; that airplane one was decisively pre-9/11

also was on a Bronson binge last week & revisited Blue Chips, who here was knocking that one? that & Rare Chandeliers stay at the top of my list.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This shouldn't be a issue with how much praise Ka gets around here.

So different tho. Ka has incredible lyrics and production suited for his subject matter. Bronson is cool but he's Diet Ghostface on every track he's ever been on.

are ya'll still really on this? i get the power of first impressions, but dude has pushed well past Dr Lechter

The same Dr. Lecter on which his bars have more in common with Pun and Kool G Rap than Ghostface. The only thing Ghostface about him is how his voice sounds. The rhyme schemes and slang are so different.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
A bag of tortilla chips without a dip is a good metaphor for loneliness. Yeah, you can eat them alone, but they could be so much better. So dry. So imperfect. So incomplete.

injurai

Banned
A bag of tortilla chips without a dip is a good metaphor for loneliness. Yeah, you can eat them alone, but they could be so much better. So dry. So imperfect. So incomplete.

I think it's a metaphor for laziness. The only time I eat them plain is when I don't want a proper snack because what I want is a meal. But I'm not motivated enough to prepare a meal, so I half ass snack thinking it won't ruin my appetite for when I get around to making a meal later on.

Actually it's sort of what neogaf is to my procrastination. Gaf and plain tortilla chips...

IrishNinja

4 or so tracks into this drizzy mixtape...these are kinda throwaway tracks. like not particularly bad, but not even as interesting as how bout now or most of his singles from last year.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm a Drake fan but I found the tape to be lacking. A few nice individual tracks but lacking the atmosphere of nwts or take care, or any cohesive sound at all. But I know it was an impromptu affair so whatever. I'll cherry pick from it until his new album is ready.

it's his most forgettable project since he hit hit big. but it's clear this was just a clever way of putting cash money behind him and generating some hype. plus i'll be damned if know yourself ain't a really good track.

running through the six with my woes is the best hook-line since 'tears fall down from the castles around my heart', i wonder what toronto gaf-hop was thinking when they heard this track. did thabiz stare out his view of the six with his woes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom