• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Album: Rose Gold
Artists: DJ Roza, Rocky Rivera, and Irie Eyez

The Riveras dropped their 5th Mixtape, Rose Gold.

Like the previous mixtapes they're a compilation of dj mixes of various rap and R&B tracks with a new Rocky Rivera track or two thrown in, but this time we get a little bit more of Rocky in it. The mixes are good as always, though I think Gangster of Love doesn't fit with Jhene Aiko. The tracks blend perfectly together from one to another. I mainly listen to them for the artists I'm not familiar with. These sisters are always hooking me up with new artists to listen to. It's not as good as the first Morning After Mixtape, but it's straight and worth the free download.

6.5/10

Tracklist:

1. Bridge Through Time - Lonnie Liston Smith 00:38
2.Sweetest Taboo - Sade / Roll Deep - Rocky Rivera 01:04
3. U Send Me Swingin’ - Mint Condition 00:44
4. Swangin’ - Stalley ft. Scarface 02:42
5. Wildfire - SBTRKT ft. Little Dragon 01:36
6. Fevereiro - Sango / SM Suicide - Rocky Rivera 01:57
7. I Can't Explain It - J-Louis 02:03
8. Babylon - SZA ft. Kendrick Lamar 02:28
9. Cut Off - Muhsinah 02:15
10. Rushen Level - DJ Grouch 01:59
11. To Love & Die - Jhene Aiko f​t. Cocaine 80s / Gangster of Love (RMX) - Rocky Rivera 02:04
12. I Wanna Be Down (RMX) - Brandy ft. MC Lyte, Yo-Yo & Queen Latifah 04:17
13. Devotion - Earth, Wind & Fire 00:51
14. Sock It 2 Me (Kaytranada RMX) - Missy Elliott 01:22
15.Operate - ASTR / Ass Backwards - Rocky Rivera 01:46
16. Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Rose Royce 01:00
17. Love Don't Live Here - Ghostface / Have It All - Rocky Rivera 05:26
18. Time Will Tell - Blood Orange 02:09
19.Programmed for Love - Roy Ayers 01:46
20.Tell Me If You Still Care - S.O.S. Band 00:42
21.Tonight - Kleeer / Jockin Me (RMX) - Rocky Rivera 02:39
22. Faded Lady (Instrumental) - S.S.O. Orchestra 00:34
23. Fuck The Police (J.Rocc RMX) - J Dilla / Slick Talk (RMX) - Rocky Rivera 01:33
24. You Are Luhh - Frank Ocean 05:02

MoodyFog

It's ya boy Samowski with your monthly France - USA collabs :

Gradur feat Chief Keef:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laInQ7i260w

Gradur feat Migos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dYH4lejnwM

enhanced-14726-1397834563-15.jpg

Esch

Banned
just blaze the king of "lemme tell you about this vague hype bit about an unreleased beat/collaboration/album creh"

fuckouttahere

RBK

Banned
Sour Soul isn't as bad as I thought it'll be, sure there's some throwaway tracks but it's a solid 7/10 for me.

Street Knowledge is no doubt the standout track.

just blaze the king of "lemme tell you about this vague hype bit about an unreleased beat/collaboration/album creh"

fuckouttahere

If I was a good rapper with money I'd be hitting up Just all the time. Let Jay rap over bloated trap all he wants while I snag dope shit from the god.

DominoKid

Yeah I think it's amazing it's gotten so much love on the blogosphere.

not really.

in the past this album would've leaked. folks would've enjoyed it for 2 weeks and then been cool on it. i think you'll even see this w/ Sean's album even tho it only leaked a week early. OR any anticipation would've been killed by release date because of a few mediocre singles.

now w/ surprise releases it's basically pure excitement and folks are writing reviews in the midst of the excitement.

critics are gonna have to approach these surprise releases differently. because they're not gonna even think about missing out on the clicks they get by having the review up w/in 48 hrs.

that said. the tape fire.

effzee

Fucking dying out here at work still getting over the flu, I might dip out early gdi.
Chris Brown on Breakfast Club

Joke about clubs getting shot up breh

Heard a little of this on my drive into work this morning. This dude really doesn't get it. He made of Rhianna for being with Drake and called him corny for beng a "rapper and singer". But aren't you a singer my dude?

Then claims she can't do any better than she did with him? Yeah pretty sure Rhianna can do 1000x better some dude who is going to beat the shit out of her. Shocked Char let him say some of this shit without really calling him out.

Also hinted that Beiber doesn't get the same shit trying to come back from his stupidity - again he didn't beat up a woman so bad. Chris Brown really needs to STFU his songs were still playing and have been since the incident. Beiber is nowhere to be found on the radio at least. He really comes across as someone who doesn't think he did anything wrong and that people are out to get him.

Also is it me or do we always hear for every Kanye song now how "its been worked on for over a year!" or "we are still working on the drums!" ? If the music sucks who cares? Always trying to prove how much we should appreciate his music.

Charlamange never talks shit like that to someone's face if the person could legit beat his ass. I think Chris Brown is a pussy but clearly his knuckles don't lie. Charlamange wasn't gonna say shit.

DominoKid

you would think his dumbass would realize how just how much he tricked off by being just an absolute piece of shit.

in other news does Spartacus get better after S1 or is this as good as it gets. cause it's not that great so far brehs. i hope Illythia gets naked in this soon.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
you would think his dumbass would realize how just how much he tricked off by being just an absolute piece of shit.

in other news does Spartacus get better after S1 or is this as good as it gets. cause it's not that great so far brehs. i hope Illythia gets naked in this soon.

1. You're giving the same beating a dead horse impressions from early in the season that everyone always gives so I'm assuming you're in episode 1-3? In other words yes, It gets much better.

2. yes she gets naked but that disgusting. She's easily the ugliest vixen in the Spartacus universe. That big bird beak on her face takes away any attraction she's got to begin with not to mention her character is annoying. yea I'm nose shaming come at me brehs.

Courage

All Your Fault is dope, but Outro is the best song on the album. Reminds me of Graduation Kanye.

The dark aesthetic did nothing for Big Sean honestly, I think I'm just never gonna fuck with him to the extent where I'll enjoy an entire project of his.

sounds like you haven't gotten to the god-tier parts of S1 yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
araabMUZIK doing his thing, killing the MPC. Never gets old for me.

Posted? Fetty Wap - Trap Queen (Arthur McArthur Remix). The original is kind of basic to me, this makes it a bit funkier.

All Your Fault is dope, but Outro is the best song on the album. Reminds me of Graduation Kanye.

The dark aesthetic did nothing for Big Sean honestly, I think I'm just never gonna fuck with him to the extent where I'll enjoy an entire project of his.
The dark aesthetic works best for him, IMO, just it wasn't that present here as it was on parts of Detroit, Hall of Fame and 1st Quarter and stuff. Been saying it all along but Sean needs an album completely produced by Key Wane and Travi$ Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom