• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

All digicrates albums are a dollar today, time to do some crate digging

https://digicrates.bandcamp.com/

Dodge. These are the dudes who put up Nujabes' albums on bandcamp without permission from hydeout. hydeout never saw a cent from the money digicrates made from those sales either. Not to mention they aren't paying royalties to a lot of artists that put out music with them.

Hus Kingpin puts out decent tracks every now and then but the dude is straightup fradulent when it comes to business.

HiResDes

Dodge. These are the dudes who put up Nujabes' albums on bandcamp without permission from hydeout. hydeout never saw a cent from the money digicrates made from those sales either. Not to mention they aren't paying royalties to a lot of artists that put out music with them.

Hus Kingpin puts out decent tracks every now and then but the dude is straightup fradulent when it comes to business.
Oh shit didn't know about the royalties.

Cudder

Ferg Forever is pretty dope, imo. Got through most of it on the drive home and I was surprised judging from the impressions here. Gonna be honest and say I don't even remember which ones were singles because I only listened to them once. It's a fun mixtape. Diverse beats, diverse flows. Ferg sounds like he's having fun on this tape. Already a handful of memorable songs. I got home while listening to Doe-Active and I have to say it was the first terrible track on the album. Will finish it up later, but it was a fun ride home.

Care to elaborate
. Basically Key! went on saying he doesn't really fuck with OG Maco on a personal level and seen it more as a business decision like two dudes working at McDonald's(came up in multiple interviews). Maco a bit salty about that and released a diss song called Fat fuck(lol). Key responded Maco tweeting about him, writing songs about him he sounds like his bitch.

Cheddahz

Banned
"i" has been played nonstop at the hornets game tonight and my mom has been jamming to it each time it's been played

soccer mom anthem 4eva

"i" has been played nonstop at the hornets game tonight and my mom has been jamming to it each time it's been played

soccer mom anthem 4eva

tumblr_mm4u74NHXl1s7y6ddo1_1280.png

should've used on irish tbh

damn thats news to me
100$ Taper was still good though

. Basically Key! went on saying he doesn't really fuck with OG Maco on a personal level and seen it more as a business decision like two dudes working at McDonald's(came up in multiple interviews). Maco a bit salty about that and released a diss song called Fat fuck(lol). Key responded Maco tweeting about him, writing songs about him he sounds like his bitch.
How is this a fake beef I dun get it

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New Frank Ocean poem or w/e is garbo

New James Fauntleroy is not really doing anything for me. Much more acoustic, which also tends to be the type of Cocaine80s songs I enjoyed least.

Hus is fraudulent or the people he's involved with?

did anyone end up seeing time is illmatic? worth watching?

Yea I watched it when he played it before his concert.

Really liked it tbh. Pretty much a documentary of his early life then leading up how Illmatic came about. Pretty much goes through every song on the album and talks with the producers for each track.

ExAIPfG.png

and off the top of my head, wasn't Kanye's "New Slaves" something like that
Well, yes and no, because I am talking about someone implying Black Friday was made to sell slaves at a discount, Kanye West song was on some vanity slaves Shit(simplifying). I got on Facebook first time today and that's pretty all this dude has been posting for the past 24 hours

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Well, yes and no, because I am talking about someone implying Black Friday was made to sell slaves at a discount, Kanye West song was on some vanity slaves Shit(simplifying). I got on Facebook first time today and that's pretty all this dude has been posting for the past 24 hours
Wait.. this isn't true right? I thought it had to do with business going into the black.

Would make for a dope song concept tho

Vorheez

Yeah this Ferg tape wasn't too hot on the first listen, giving it a second spin now

In other news though, I fucking love ILoveMakonnen. Some of the catchiest tunes in recent memory.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've tried makonnen but I just can't deal with that vocal style. Sounds like he's singing bad karaoke of someone elses songs.

Cerity

Hus is fraudulent or the people he's involved with?

Well he's the owner of digicrates.

Even artists aside, plenty of people (myself included) have never received physical copies of albums we've paid for. We've tried speaking to Hus, the artists and their distribution service and it's only really the artists who have tried to do somehing. In my case Hus said he'd get the CD's to me after taking my address but it's been over a year and no word or CD's since.

Vorheez

I've tried makonnen but I just can't deal with that vocal style. Sounds like he's singing bad karaoke of someone elses songs.
Yeah it's different, but he has an undeniable ear for melody and song structure. I think his vocal style loads his music with personality. It's down to earth, if that makes sense

Tokubetsu

with every bit of info i hear about digicrates, the worse they fuckin' sound. terrible.

i can only imagine the energy, so jelly - here's to hoping they come to my town one day

They will but it's SoFl so it's gonna be one of those like "off" tour things where they just hit up all the weird places they didn't go and you run a 50/50 chance of them just not being into it.

aint news to nobody, but you know what was a really fuckin' good rap album? Sir Lucious Left Foot. Better than anything either Boi or Dre has been involved with since Aquemini.

IrishNinja

They will but it's SoFl so it's gonna be one of those like "off" tour things where they just hit up all the weird places they didn't go and you run a 50/50 chance of them just not being into it.

what's our deal, though? MIA's a huge city, do we just not come out for some shit? Rock The Bells used to have a good turnout but some acts (PE, Rage, DOOM, etc) would never make it out, and then the venue just left.

aint news to nobody, but you know what was a really fuckin' good rap album? Sir Lucious Left Foot. Better than anything either Boi or Dre has been involved with since Aquemini.

can't really argue with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom