• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The game is hungry for a female rapper right now. Like, a real one. At some point in the next 10 years, some woman is going to get signed that is going to Eminem/Kanye the whole industry. People are starting to get thinned out on Xeroxes of Lil Kim's.
I don't know, sometimes I feel like that, other times I feel like legit female rappers reach a point then take their clothes off (because they are pressured to to reach that new plateau) or put some bullshit out. Snow Tha Product killed that BET Cypher, and I checked out her page and.. it's all frat music. Angel Haze put out that one super deep song about being abused as a child and then.. a bunch of bad loosies and nothing?

I put the chances of a female rapper that can spit and keep her clothes on at about the same likelihood of that All About The Bass girl being around next year.

she's gonna live off that Monster verse for her whole career fam

like Busta and "Scenario"
Even when Kanye isn't helping her write, Nicki can put out some decent raps and rap songs IMO.

Still listen to her version of Go Hard from time to time.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Nicki Minaj is a real woman who raps.

You know damn what what I'm talking about. Women rappers are either as nasty as possible or they're in that Eternia category of selling 52 records at a time. There is no barrier breaker yet. Nicki is 2 Chainz, but there ain't no woman version on Jay/Em/Kanye/Nas. Hell, there isn't even a Drake. The rap game is "tits or GTFO" and that can't last.

JohnDoe

Banned
Destroying?

cElZqxb.png

jaguars-fan-gif_original.gif

LMAO

She mad. Even though he says some dumb and fucked up shit, he is more relevant and successful at what he's doing than Azealia is at music.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know damn what what I'm talking about. Women rappers are either as nasty as possible or they're in that Eternia category of selling 52 records at a time. There is no barrier breaker yet. Nicki is 2 Chainz, but there ain't no woman version on Jay/Em/Kanye/Nas. Hell, there isn't even a Drake. The rap game is "tits or GTFO" and that can't last.
Nicki damn well isn't 2 Chainz, she's pretty influential and currently has a stranglehold on the female market (which is part of the problem but yeah).

I think expecting anyone to be in that Jay/Em/Ye/Drake tier is unrealistic. We get those every 5 years or so period.

Part of the problem with female rappers is that they are catty and all believe there can only be only one chick in the game at any time. Lil Kim is still throwing shots from the grave, Banks is trying to use it as a come-up, Nicki has been sneak dissing since her only promo was on VladTV, most act like Missy never existed, etc. Iggy has mostly tried to stay out of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if she has said something offhand too.

PBY

Banned
Nicki damn well isn't 2 Chainz, she's pretty influential and currently has a stranglehold on the female market (which is part of the problem but yeah).

I think expecting anyone to be in that Jay/Em/Ye/Drake tier is unrealistic. We get those every 5 years or so period.

Part of the problem with female rappers is that they are catty and all believe there can only be only one chick in the game at any time. Lil Kim is still throwing shots from the grave, Banks is trying to use it as a come-up, Nicki has been sneak dissing since her only promo was on VladTV, most act like Missy never existed, etc. Iggy has mostly tried to stay out of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if she has said something offhand too.
Dude nicki is in that tier

WanderingWind

You're just arguing my points for me. The only thing you're actually disagreeing with is the 2 Chainz thing. I'm talking about style of music, not "influence." They both make that poppy, nasty shit and they both do better on other people's shit. I stand by the analogy.

I think women rappers talking about sex is probably just gonna dominate that genre forever, like R&B songs talking about love, or hell male rappers talking about awesome they are

WanderingWind

And people called me dusty for wearing Timbs still. Using P4K reviews may be the dustiest thing ever written since people were chiseling shit out on stones and shit.

DominoKid

No country for female rappers. Thats why Nicki went pop which is basically also Tits or GTFO

Camp Lo

Banned
There's a lot of female emcees overseas but yeah, they get no respect over here. UK seems to rep their women with much more esteem than we do.

Pathos

Banned
i couldn't finish ferg forever, stopped a bit after midway
it starts off nice but after about 10 minutes ( 3 tracks) or so, it goes downhill from there
overall: not worth the listen

Quesa

I used to wear k-swiss shoes that let you change the color of the stripes from blue to red

I was the coolest high school sophomore

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I await the video Blackule will make of him eating the PinkPrint CD and eating the paper booty in the liner notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom