• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

what's our deal, though? MIA's a huge city, do we just not come out for some shit? Rock The Bells used to have a good turnout but some acts (PE, Rage, DOOM, etc) would never make it out, and then the venue just left.

can't really argue with this

Florida just too far south I guess. Like they gotta swing all the way down here then swing straight back up. Guess it's just not worth it for most artists. So they hit you with some weird dates like in the middle of december or dead of January and February.

Only kinda artists that come here regularly are fairly big djs/edm cats and like hardcore, punk and metal bands. Genres that are huge here and have big legacies for exporting talent for them basically.

Yup, on 2nd listen of Back from the dead 2 can't believe I was the only one here feeling it? And I don't even like Keef like that. Much more passion in his voice than I remember and production is dark

Grakl

They will but it's SoFl so it's gonna be one of those like "off" tour things where they just hit up all the weird places they didn't go and you run a 50/50 chance of them just not being into it.
I think Killer Mike actually said on tour that crowds in the south are usually too small lol

IrishNinja

Only kinda artists that come here regularly are fairly big djs/edm cats and like hardcore, punk and metal bands. Genres that are huge here and have big legacies for exporting talent for them basically.

cmon now, we've contributed such timeless names as

Vanilla Ice
Uncle Luke
Trina
Poison Clan
Trick Daddy Dollars
Ace Hood
Khaled
Ross
Jackie-O
Flo Rida
Pitbull
Stitches

...oh
!Mayday! is nice tho

overcast

New Frank Ocean poem or w/e is garbo
Didn't even listen to it. Just saw the poem. Didn't know it was a song.
Father says they planned the shit.
Lmao. Just for fun or publicity?
Just leaving dfa 79.

Ears ringing like a mf. Too old for this.

Show was bonkers tho.
I would imagine that shit murders ears. Good god. I didn't listen to their last album cause I didn't care for the singles. Sleigh Bells were the band that fucking demolished my ears. Second concert too.
i can only imagine the energy, so jelly - here's to hoping they come to my town one day
People don't go to Florida? Goddamn man, I'm spoiled.

Detox

did anyone end up seeing time is illmatic? worth watching?
It's great, it's about the people and environment in QB that made the God MC do his thing. Essentially all those people on the benches etc in the promo pics whose struggle is represented through the poet Nas.

Made me think of illmatic as much more of a broader culture piece that goes beyond hip hop.

It's great, it's about the people and environment in QB that made the God MC do his thing. Essentially all those people on the benches etc in the promo pics whose struggle is represented through the poet Nas.

Made me think of illmatic as much more of a broader culture piece that goes beyond hip hop.

cool cool ill take a look then

edit: yea only -6 here lol

studyguy

I can't imagine living in places where temperature goes negative.
Fuck that. I get the chills thinking about anything around 50f.

If it ever started getting cold enough to snow in all of southern California, I'm sure we'd all be dead before the day was out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Baffling when you hear about some entire US cities shutting down because they get a few cm of snow. Like, not even enough so that you can blame it on the need for a really damn good plow & salt truck system.

I don't even think you could pay me to live any further north. Rather be miserable down here lol

Baffling when you hear about some entire US cities shutting down because they get a few cm of snow. Like, not even enough so that you can blame it on the need for a really damn good plow & salt truck system.

I don't even think you could pay me to live any further north. Rather be miserable down here lol

Yup. I'm from Vancouver but go to school on the east coast and it's hilarious when it snows a foot here and it's completely normal whereas back home when it snows like two cm people shit their pants

Tokubetsu

Toku's heart.
FcpepEy.gif

much rather live in toku's heart than south carolina

jF7Oj6U.gif

JKvpNfR.gif

lame mudda skunt mod

It one thing to ban me, but for sexual harassment? it would been better to pm me I was stepping over a line. Prude.

EDIT: Scarborough was better off de-amalgamated.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I see people turning back to Banks' side after Iggy popped like she did and those racist tweets got a bit more publicity

but

she's still an extremely hateful person who's entire schtick is to try and drag others, most of the time to no avail (like with Iggy), it's so fucking pathetic

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't get how you can sell 11k units and still talk shit about somebody else's career. I mean, some part of her has got to know that she's a suck salad, right?

I get so tired of Banks' twitter shit. I don't even wanna hear her music at this point...I just want her to go away and then roll my eyes when she pops up on a reality show.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Azaelia is in that late 90's / early 2000s level of 50 cent fukkery, without the business sense.

She should have handled it like Gambino did and went on the show and addressed his Nu-black fukkery on air. Seems like she declined though, so that's an L.

She's talented, but damn. Sucks that she can't play the hate a bit smarter.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The game is hungry for a female rapper right now. Like, a real one. At some point in the next 10 years, some woman is going to get signed that is going to Eminem/Kanye the whole industry. People are starting to get thinned out on Xeroxes of Lil Kim's.

PBY

Banned
The game is hungry for a female rapper right now. Like, a real one. At some point in the next 10 years, some woman is going to get signed that is going to Eminem/Kanye the whole industry. People are starting to get thinned out on Xeroxes of Lil Kim's.
The other azalea tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom