• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah All Day sounds like shit but "you a Rico Suave n***a, ride around listening to Sade n***a" is by far one of the funniest lines I've heard all year.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not mad I made a big point about how derivative it is, but I disagree about the beats and lines which I think do actually capture a glimpse of the magic that exists in the artists he's trying to emulate. He's totally a biter, but album still bangs to me. It's divisive.
Yeah I know you noted that stuff in your review, as well as that he is stronger on the R&B stuff, which I agree with as well.

I just don't see the production or at least him with the production making anything particularly memorable upon first listen. Not motivated to go back into it either TBH.

Is this that KTT project that that dude was teasing forever.

Kanye fell off. It's official now. Nearly everyone involved with Yeezus (production wise) has released a dope album since. Meanwhile Kanye is listening to Chief Keef for inspiration/jacking.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye fell off. It's official now. Nearly everyone involved with Yeezus (production wise) has released a dope album since. Meanwhile Kanye is listening to Chief Keef for inspiration/jacking.
*giggles thinking about PD defending i & Kendricks 10x more shittastic year*

Pathos

Banned
oh man that second sounds so bad, definitely liked the version without that mess at the end
i think kanye is still gonna keep this song tho (whatever it really sounds like)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
oh man that second sounds so bad, definitely liked the version without that mess at the end
i think kanye is still gonna keep this song tho (whatever it really sounds like)
Yeah I think Kanye really likes that song and someone mentioned they're still working on it even though it leaked.

Theo sort of hinting that the first single has changed though.

Hope he scraps it altogether, along with any notion of him making an album of bangers.

...tho the Ye x La Flame x Thug song(s) can't come soon enough.

PBY

Banned
Yeah I think Kanye really likes that song and someone mentioned they're still working on it even though it leaked.

Theo sort of hinting that the first single has changed though.

Hope he scraps it altogether, along with any notion of him making an album of bangers.
What. A bangers album would be dope.

Also, PD really out here listening to Gesaffelstein, Arca and Evian Christ albums?

Nibel

One of his many problems is that he focuses on too much shit outside from the music, I mean dude screamed into Sway's face how he's mad not allowed to produce shoes for Nikey while telling him he's anti-corporations at the same time

Always saw MBDTF as his last 'big album' and Yeezus as a experimental side project, and despite thinking he has lost a lot of his hunger and 'All Day' sounding like a crappy Yeezus leftover I'm still looking forward to see what his next album will be like

Edit: wait so All Day is a KTT fanmade remake? ugh

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Everything will be alright.

I hope no expensive equipment and/or items related to vinyl records were damaged.

Praying for you, wenis.

nah, i just bought two pieces last night and had a massive headache when I got home (probably due to going that rat maze of furniture known as ikea) and left my room in shambles as I tossed out old furniture.

its all put together now tho.

img_013937xps.jpg

img_01406wlr2.jpg

When I move out I was gonna just get everything from Ikea. What happened?

As long as I get a few workout anthems.

it just finally died. 8 Years of service, you'll be getting average to good stuff when shopping at Ikea. You won't be passing down a night stand from ikea to your grandkids any time soon.

For a minute it seemed like Kanye would be at the cutting edge of this shit, the undisputed mainstream leader. But now it's looking like that's Drake's spot. I don't even fuck with Drake but he's rapping hard over dope beats while Kanye imitates 18 year olds. The #shift has happened.

overcast

img_013937xps.jpg

img_01406wlr2.jpg

it just finally died. 8 Years of service, you'll be getting average to good stuff when shopping at Ikea. You won't be passing down a night stand from ikea to your grandkids any time soon.
That looks nice. Yeah, I wouldn't be going for long lasting stuff really. Just when I move out to my first apartment/house w/roommates

DominoKid

fuck noz beat me to my idea for my AOTY thread writeup

andrew ‏@noz 7m7 minutes ago
my year end album list is blank except birdman says "rich gan g" between every line

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
nah, i just bought two pieces last night and had a massive headache when I got home (probably due to going that rat maze of furniture known as ikea) and left my room in shambles as I tossed out old furniture.

img_013937xps.jpg

img_01406wlr2.jpg
Both those pieces look fantastic, man.

For a minute it seemed like Kanye would be at the cutting edge of this shit, the undisputed mainstream leader. But now it's looking like that's Drake's spot. I don't even fuck with Drake but he's rapping hard over dope beats while Kanye imitates 18 year olds. The #shift has happened.
The #shift happened years ago when he gave Drake Find Your Love and Kanye even admitted to it on the Juan Epstein and when he got on the OVO stage. It's a big reason why Ye got all butthurt at Drake.

he seared that damn ad lib into my brain after listening to that tape a bunch
I only listened to the tape once and even when I read the words it gets stuck in my head for a while. =|

The #shift happened years ago when he gave Drake Find Your Love and Kanye even admitted to it on the Juan Epstein and when he got on the OVO stage. It's a big reason why Ye got all butthurt at Drake.

woah i never realized Ye had production credits on that album

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
woah i never realized Ye had production credits on that album
The credits in general for Thank Me Later are kind of insane. It's a bit surreal seeing how even as Thank Me Later was approaching, the entire industry was dying to get their names attached to Drake. Dude was always a force.

We haven't seen anything like it since, kind of with Thug but the dude is too much of an idiot and I think even Lyor will have trouble taking him to the next level.

EDIT: You know what's even more of a mindfuck? Drake has been poppin' for half of Kanye's entire career as of 2014. Time fucking flies.

Thank me later is trash. I gave Drake a chance with So Far Gone and was impressed then TML came out and I ignored him until NWTS. Haven't listened to Take Care all the way through yet.

Tokubetsu

Like Nas?

overcast

Drake isn't cutting edge. He's definitely on top in the mainstream. Isn't a question.

CRS

Prayers came through. Blessed wenis.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Drake isn't cutting edge. He's definitely on top in the mainstream. Isn't a question.

Weighing in both commercial and critical success in the mainstream it's basically down to Drake and Kendrick. Drake has more of the former and Duckworth has more of the latter but not sure if I could place one above the other. Everyone else mentioned in Control like Rocky, Cole and Krit are in the tier below and that's probably as high as they'll go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom