• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jokes on ya'll for getting hyped about some shit you know is gonna sound bland. I'm gonna wait for exceedingly positive impressions before I even waste a minute on it.
I'm honestly amazed you of all people are taking this stance.

You struck me more of listen to it yourself and make your own impression type of guy.

Liturgy

Banned
Besides why the hell would his ghostwritten shit be better than most of his own raps?
Wow, this thread sure is charitable toward Nicki Minaj. That is one of the most overrated verses of all-time--people only remember it because the rest of her oeuvre is so shit. Kanye has more talent in this thumb than Nicki has.

Vorheez

do you guys have anything that you always listen to when you're studying/homework/trying to get shit down?
Yeah I usually listen to Boards of Canada. I need something relaxing, anything that is too high energy and I can't properly focus.

Been listening to ILoveMakonnen a lot recently while doing homework though and I've been enjoying that.

Esch

Banned
do you guys have anything that you always listen to when you're studying/homework/trying to get shit down?
Autechre - Incunabula
Autechre_Incunabula.jpeg

Tangerine Dream - Phaedra
413KG3S2ECL.jpg

Boris - Flood
tumblr_inline_mzzdqo40qt1rmsd9e.jpg

Biosphere - Substrata
41EvN31T0AL.Image._SY450_.jpg

Neptune Towers - Caravans to Empire Algol
Neptune-Towers-Caravans-to-Empire-Algol-L801056739728.JPG

Solar Fields - Blue Moon Station
CS1203295-02A-BIG.jpg
o and nujabes

HiResDes

I'm hooked on a mixtape by The Neighborhood, I'm embarassed. And I really liked the first half of Azealia Bank's latest too...What is happening to me

PlayDat

Blu - 3 Feet Higher (prod. Fa†e & Moisesxking)

There's a Chester Watson joint on that tape too

Dope.

falls - arcs
This shit is wavy.

Gaf-Hoppers do ya'll mind if I follow you on twitter? I'm already following a few, but some are going by different monikers and others are using real names (I've lurked long enough to already be able to match some of these with their gaf accounts). Didn't know if I'd be crossing some line.

I was hesitant about joining the facebook group but eventually did it a few weeks ago. Been trying to keep my online and real life separate, but for most people it seems like that distinction is vanishing with time. I rarely ever post stuff I wouldn't say in real life anyway.

Lol

Charlemagne is a cunt but she didn't destroy anything she's a coward using epithets to shy away from a face to face

Lame

Agreed. Really don't get how/why people think she's winning shit. Charlamange is a joker but he's far from a "new black." Calling dudes house niccas is wack here. Dude is making money and successful, that doesn't make him a sellout.

Dope.

falls - arcs
This shit is wavy.

Gaf-Hoppers do ya'll mind if I follow you on twitter? I'm already following a few, but some are going by different monikers and others are using real names (I've lurked long enough to already be able to match some of these with their gaf accounts). Didn't know if I'd be crossing some line.

I was hesitant about joining the facebook group but eventually did it a few weeks ago. Been trying to keep my online and real life separate, but for most people it seems like that distinction is vanishing with time. I rarely ever post stuff I wouldn't say in real life anyway.
PM me your twitter dawq
Btw BoB dropped a tape called New black......yeah
...yea we'll just ignore that

codhand

Agreed. Really don't get how/why people think she's winning shit. Charlamange is a joker but he's far from a "new black." Calling dudes house niccas is wack here. Dude is making money and successful, that doesn't make him a sellout.

the Banks stans must be an interesting bunch pretending Charlamange was ripe for a takedown. reminds me of the time the guys tried unsuccessfully to jump him in broad day, in manhattan. meanwhile he's been employed that entire time

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm sure I've heard Charlamange on the same nu-black bullshit Pharrel is on, in different interviews. More power to him for being successful, but I can't take anyone spitting that head in the sand bullshit seriously. His talk with Gambino was filled with it.

Esch

Banned
I'm sure I've heard Charlamange on the same nu-black bullshit Pharrel is on, in different interviews. More power to him for being successful, but I can't take anyone spitting that head in the sand bullshit seriously. His talk with Gambino was filled with it.

Even if that is the case, she's still shook and talking shit at the same time. She just got the opportunity to have it out publically for her career and build some buzz, and she backed down... Cause she's a coward. Even if she takes that L, at least people would be talking about her, hip hop loves nothing more than a public trainwreck.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
charlamange worked at taco bell and served jail time though so point charlamange

I don't give a fuck what he did. Lol. I'll not hate on his success, nor anyone else waving that flag that made it. That nu-black shit is silly as fuck and just as bad as the shit other smart dumb artists say.

Even if that is the case, she's still shook and talking shit at the same time. She just got the opportunity to have it out publically for her career and build some buzz, and she backed down... Cause she's a coward. Even if she takes that L, at least people would be talking about her, hip hop loves nothing more than a public trainwreck.

I'm definitely not
5pPLD3W.png
for her. She took a huge ass L. I agree with you.

Do you guys ever talk about real hip hop, not this mainstream stuff?

Seriously, Diabolic, Vinnie Paz, J Hood and Necro are making music that blow all the stuff yall like out the water

Seriously, Diabolic, Vinnie Paz, J Hood and Necro are making music that blow all the stuff yall like out the water

Well "real" is subjective. I think J. Cole is pretty good and I acknowledge Kendrick Lamar's talent even if I don't like him for a stupid reason. I did make a thread reviewing this year's underground game and I talked about how Vinnie Paz was a judge in Rugged Man's Definition of a Rap Flow contest earlier this year,

Discovering An Art:2014's Year in Underground Rap & Hip-Hop

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't know what Azealia Banks is referring to specifically, but I'm guessing she took Charlamagne always joking about him wanting to sell out to white America and Justin/Miley being a waste of "good white skin" seriously? That tends to be her thought process, ultra-racialize, bring it to the extremes, and attack.

Dope.

falls - arcs
This shit is wavy.

Yeah I was pretty paranoid about meshing my online identity/friends with IRL but people found it anyways and I figured Google AdSense pretty much knows me better than I do anyways. My twitter handle is the same as my GAF, GAF-Hoppers holla.

Yea I think that's what Banks is referring to. And real talk: he was 100% right. If I was a Miley Cyrus handler I'd be sending her Taylor Swift soundscan #s every day. Instead of aiming for that she's fucking around with flavor of the month deadbeat dudes doing trap? Fuck that. Same with Bieber.

overcast

Yea I think that's what Banks is referring to. And real talk: he was 100% right. If I was a Miley Cyrus handler I'd be sending her Taylor Swift soundscan #s every day. Instead of aiming for that she's fucking around with flavor of the month deadbeat dudes doing trap? Fuck that. Same with Bieber.
Isn't that doing well for Miley though? As far as numbers and popularity? Although Party in the USA was big I can't see Miley ever reaching Swift levels now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just running through that Gambino/Charlamagne conversation again and Gambino is definitely the one who's supporting the New Black thing I guess, they both talk about being "accused" of it near the end but Gambino was pretty much there because he said some shit about wanting to be white on twitter before.

I don't really understand this New Black shit
and TBH I don't give a fuck because it reads like some fuckery and I'm not black
, but are these people basically arguing to relinquish your racial identity in order to achieve equality? I really don't agree with that, and it seems like Gambino/Charlamagne are on the same, but it's still a good conversation and Charlamagne challenges Gambino pretty often, saying it's enforcing an inferiority complex (Charlamagne has always been pretty proud of his heritage IIRC, always talking about they should be talking about ancestors being kings and shit).

Oh, and Gambino mentions Black Friday near the end.

A mirror image of myself back in 2012, hahaa.
Anyway, lately Ive been bumping lots of DJ Quick. I really appreciate the musicality of his production. I dont know if he's using live instruments or using obscure funk/jazz for his samples, but his shit has a distinct liveliness about it, like if his shit was covered with live instruments it wouldnt even sound like it belonged to a specific genre.

DominoKid

enzo that new black shit is basically a bunch of rich, out of touch motherfuckers* embracing their naivete. you can make all the money in the world and rub elbows w/ elite white folks all you want but they will never let you forget that you're still black. so you shouldn't forget it either. it's just some really stupid shit.

*i pity the broke motherfuckers stupid enough to buy into that new black shit. lord knows i know a bunch of em.

Vorheez

Good call on nujabes guys, my study session was almost therapeutic. Kind of reminded me of Apollo Brown's stuff, which I also dig when I'm studying

And hey, who is julian1559 on psn? He's friends with a lot of you guys but I don't remember him dropping in here with that name. Show yourself breh

Edit: nvm, I see you creepin muddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom