• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

When /who doing aoty shyt?

I might do it, not sure though. Feel like something needs to change from last year, like either have an internal GAF-Hop awards, an OT Hip-Hop awards thread, or (most likely) both.

I think the point system was fine but might have to increase the minimum amount of albums needed for your vote to count to the full 10. No reason for one to vote if they can't listen to at least 10 hip-hop albums.

Esch

Banned
ultimate
troll.png
move: have nominations in here and then votes for the 15 most nominated in the OT

CRS

ultimate
troll.png
move: have nominations in here and then votes for the 15 most nominated in the OT

No trolling, this was something I was considering but increase it from 15 to 25.

We can easily have an extremely solid list of 25 albums (Shady chit included).

We could institute an affirmative action quota that eliminates the first 10 votes for any album by a white artist. Gotta keep the playing field even.
0ysNPTM.png

PND2 is so fucking bland. I'd take that Neighborhood mixtape over that bullshit anyday.

yea it had better individual songs but overall wasn't as good as his first effort i thought

also, was reading about those shady and ross sales and noticed this:
Utilizing Billboard's new measurement system -- which includes the number of albums sold + number of singles sold/number of times an album is streamed (1,500 streams or 10 single sales equals one album sale) -- Shady XV managed to move 148k units, whereas Ross peddled 79k copies of Hood Billionaire.

wtf?

yea it had better individual songs but overall wasn't as good as his first effort i thought

also, was reading about those shady and ross sales and noticed this:

wtf?

Shady yelling for a hour about raping women or Rick Ross yelling for a hour about cocaine

RIP in peace Hip Hop

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
ultimate
troll.png

When do we want to do this thing? I wouldn't mind doing the thread this year/tallying as long as it's during my vacation time.

19th/29th I'll be on vacay (with loose work hours the following week).

I'll fuck with the numbers to keep marshall down. DGAF, FUCK EM

jokes aside, wouldn't SHADY XV not even count?
because it's a compilation album
sure the first half is new stuff but you can't exactly vote for half an album

studyguy

You could always make the OT, tally the votes and right before announcing EM WON, you could request a temp ban so dudes flood gafHOP in force.

thabiz

people under the stairs - 12 step program
hail mary mallon - bestiary
kool keith - demolition crash
black milk - if theres a hell below
shabazz palaces - lese majesty
step brothers - lord steppington
va - mandala
freddie gibbs/madlib - pinata
big momma - the plague
shirt - rap
bones - skinny
ratking - so it goes
chester watson - tin wooki
yasiin gaye
ghostface killah - 36 seasons

forgot about ghost

PBY

Banned
*spayce ep
12 step program
bestiary
demolition crash
if theres a hell below
lese majesty
lord steppington
mandala
pinata
the plague
rap
skinny
so it goes
tin wooki
yasiin gaye
Man ppl really liked tin wooki huh. Gotta check it out.

people under the stairs - 12 step program
hail mary mallon - bestiary
kool keith - demolition crash
black milk - if theres a hell below
shabazz palaces - lese majesty
step brothers - lord steppington
va - mandala
freddie gibbs/madlib - pinata
big momma - the plague
shirt - rap
bones - skinny
ratking - so it goes
chester watson - tin wooki
yasiin gaye
ghostface killah - 36 seasons

forgot about ghost
Kool Keith is gewd?

Nibel

No trolling, this was something I was considering but increase it from 15 to 25.

We can easily have an extremely solid list of 25 albums (Shady chit included).

I'm struggling with coming up 10 albums that I consider solid and now you throw the number 25 around, this is why people don't vote man it's too overwhelming

Also yikes at those Shady sales, guess Iggy is the most powerful hiphop persona on planet earth right now - one tweet to break careers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom