• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

AZEALIA ⚓️ BANKS said:
Igloo Australia
frMEfiF.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
+1 for still keeping the AOTY thread open. Though I'm pretty sure y'all were just trolling when suggesting tan echo chambers is a better idea when trying to make any sort of list.

General lol @ the notion of increasing the minimum albums over 10 in 2014. I think there should be a minimum to avoid drive by posting but over 10 is too much and shit gets muddy at that point more often than not anyways.

Pathos

Banned
Okay finished listening to the J. cole
it's nice i guess, i don't know what else to say. not amazing or anything but not bad either. gets sort of sleep inducing towards the end tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man you really don't fuck around when it comes to LBP3 hey enzo? Always see you on there, must be good shit haha
It's actually something I can multitask with lol Part of the reason why I'm listening to a few more albums concurrently than usual now. Other than that my sleep schedule is fucked up so I just make shit when I can't sleep.

All Eyez On Peterboy though. Fam said he buys everything but doesn't play but he's always playing something.

It's actually something I can multitask with lol Part of the reason why I'm listening to a few more albums concurrently than usual now. Other than that my sleep schedule is fucked up so I just make shit when I can't sleep.

All Eyez On Peterboy though. Fam said he buys everything but doesn't play but he's always playing something.
Yup we all see you on mordor peterboy

Mik317

That New JCole is so JCole.

It's not game-changing or amazing but solid and has some nice songs on it. If you don't like him..this won't change your mind so don't bother but for his fans it is pretty good.

Nibel

That New JCole is so JCole.

It's not game-changing or amazing but solid and has some nice songs on it. If you don't like him..this won't change your mind so don't bother but for his fans it is pretty good.

Probably better than Cole World and Born Sinner though

Which is nothing special

But still a more listenable album to me than KRIT's stuff

Myggen

Has this AV Club interview with El-P and Killer Mike been posted yet? Hilarious stuff.

It's basically just El-P and Killer Mike talking about Steven Seagal:

KM: I’m also looking at the evolution of his hair. This hair—it went from being, like, a slicked-back Italianesque-type ponytail, to literally just a spray-painted “V” that they placed on his head at the end of the film.

El-P: Mike, you’re starting to understand why I love this man so much. He’s completely batshit, fucking insane.

KM: I have a picture of him singing into a microphone. You have told no lies. You are a fair and honest man.

El-P: I am a fair and honest man. And the best shit about Steven Seagal is his attempt to be culturally changed. Like, Steven Seagal now talks in a Southern accent. That motherfucker’s from Jersey.

KM: Oh my God, this is amazing. Beautiful.

El-P: It’s incredible. He’s good friends with Putin.

KM: There was a Steven Seagal’s blues music tour 2014, and he had on glasses like Blind Willie.

El-P: Yes, and he wears sleeveless kimonos, and he’s 400 pounds.

AVC: He said in the same Al Gore interview that Putin was a “true martial artist” and a great leader.

El-P: Yeah. I mean that’s just because—you know your country’s fucked when Steven Seagal’s an honored fucking constituent.

KM: I can’t speak.

Ninja Dom

Just listened to the new Wu-Tang.

How can an album of 15 tracks have 13 of them produced or co-produced by RZA, and yet be so mediocre??? WTF happened there?? RZA lost his production skills entirely??

I do like Miracles though? "If a miracle, could save us from, the tragedy that we've become..." How ironic.

Esch

Banned
Just listened to the new Wu-Tang.

How can an album of 15 tracks have 13 of them produced or co-produced by RZA, and yet be so mediocre??? WTF happened there?? RZA lost his production skills entirely??

I do like Miracles though? "If a miracle, could save us from, the tragedy that we've become..." How ironic.

Cause rza has sucked ass since like 2000, for everything that isn't movie joints.

How is this still surprising to anyone

Ninja Dom

Cause rza has sucked ass since like 2000, for everything that isn't movie joints.

How is this still surprising to anyone

It's cos the man that had the ability to give us 36 Chambers, Ironman, Supreme Clientele, Cuban Lynx, Liquid Swords, Tical...you don't need me to list them all. But musically he gave us ALL of that - just him!! I'm talking almost 100 different individual tracks across various albums that are just so incredible. It's definitely surprising.

Esch

Banned
It's cos the man that had the ability to give us 36 Chambers, Ironman, Supreme Clientele, Cuban Lynx, Liquid Swords, Tical...you don't need me to list them all. But musically he gave us ALL of that - just him!! I'm talking almost 100 different individual tracks across various albums that are just so incredible. It's definitely surprising.
And that's why he's the producing GOAT. But all good things come to an end.

It's been over...

Nibel

He's rich as fuck, can do whatever he wants and has helped establish artists; dude has no hunger anymore, and therefore you can't expect anything substantial from him anymore, just like from dozens of others who are as long in the game as him

A Better Tomorrow improves towards the end, but not enough to make it a worthwhile project. Overall it feels thematically coherent yet forced. This is 100% RZA: he came up with the ideas and forced the direction of the album. I don't hear any collaborative effort here. Instead it's "ok brothers, rap about a preacher's daughter for this track."

Pioneer The Frontier is one of the better tracks but it sounds like it was created with a RZA producer kit from the 90s: old samples/sounds mixed together to remind us of when the Wu was dope. But the first verse feels out of place with RZA's monotone rapping. Necklace is a good beat and overall I like the song the most. BTW Necklace was produced by 4th Disciple.

This is the final nail in the coffin. The Wu is dead. RZA is trash, and while the other members can still rap they clearly have no work ethic or motivation to get the ball rolling separately. My dream would be 4th Disciple, Mathematics, and Alchemist producing a Wu album - whether they call themselves "Wu Tang" or something else, I don't care. Basically make it what Shaolin v Wu Tang was supposed to be: all the clan minus RZA over dope production.

Ninja Dom

And that's why he's the producing GOAT. But all good things come to an end.

It's been over...

He's rich as fuck, can do whatever he wants and has helped establish artists; dude has no hunger anymore, and therefore you can't expect anything substantial from him anymore, just like from dozens of others who are as long in the game as him

Fuck, you're not wrong. His name used to hold such power with me when I saw it in production credits. I know Wu albums started falling off from Iron Flag but I just hoped that if you can produce the amount of 90's bangers that he did then there may still be hope (A Better Tomorrow). There's no hope. We need 90's RZA back but that's seems long gone.

overcast

It seems like it would be really easy for the Wu to be relevant in 2014. If they were (still) talented and business smart.

You know how many suburban kids are out here with Wu stickers on their cars and shit? I personally didn't even bother with that album. Figured it was crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom