• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lmao you guys werent kidding abotu PNDCOLOURS being better than all of PNDTWO.

He still sounds like he's missing any sort of personality though, that all the other artists that sound like this seem to have.

@theneedledrop 5m5 minutes ago

Forest Hills Drive > Born Sinner. No question.

still haven't listened to it. I will say I respect Cole for the low key way he has attended these protests. He's not jumping on cars giving nonsensical speeches or making dumb comments on twitter...he's just doing his thing. Respect.

Nibel

lmao you guys werent kidding abotu PNDCOLOURS being better than all of PNDTWO.

He still sounds like he's missing any sort of personality though, that all the other artists that sound like this seem to have.

Obligatory

ZGL21Yn.gif

We should do a "most disappointing album of 2014" list as well. Top 5 to make it easy, keep it in-house.

Oxymoron is on the list but I'd go with NehruvianDOOM as my #1 disappointment.

IrishNinja

maaaan
big ghostface just said MBDTF > GKMC
like i pardoned dude when he was on about takeover > ether but every man should have his limits

goddamn 2pac in the new south park episode

might gotta catch up then

Has this AV Club interview with El-P and Killer Mike been posted yet? Hilarious stuff.

It's basically just El-P and Killer Mike talking about Steven Seagal:

ahahaha reading now, thanks for this

Cause rza has sucked ass since like 2000, for everything that isn't movie joints.

How is this still surprising to anyone

*sigh* yeah it's been known

Holy shit this ep. of Fuck, That's Delicious! killed me. That motherfuckin cab-driver.

dammit keep sleeping on this series too

Wayne on Twitter crying about getting fucked over on his deal lmao

good? well not good but at least it's not a better artist

For context

20141204_134809w8c17.png

see i mean this right here sounds like a blessing in disguise

Pusha T channelling his inner 50 Cent with this fuckery

goddamn yeah, even dropping suge and shit

pusha t still turkey sub with mayo status though.

but his last album wa

remember when dudes tried to pretend Pusha dropped a good album lol

DAMMIT

Pusha and Clipse got like 8 classics doe

arguably 9 doe

MNIMN was pretty decent
only the middle couple songs were weak
it started and ended strong

Wrath of Caine on the other hand...
MILLION MILLIONS IN THA CEILING

seriously, i went in with low expectations admittedly but i don't see how it was in any way bad

Desus is the funniest dude on twitter

yuuuup, dude stays like half my RT's

We should do a "most disappointing album of 2014" list as well. Top 5 to make it easy, keep it in-house.

Oxymoron is on the list but I'd go with NehruvianDOOM as my #1 disappointment.

as a Wu fan i downvote this

honestly A Better Tomorrow wasn't a disappointment. It's exactly what I expected: shitty RZA production and tyrannical control plus some average to great Wu verses. A mess.

@HarryFraud 1m1 minute ago

That GIBBS x FRAUD coming sooner than you think

thabiz

Ya'll SUCK

1. wu tang - better tomorrow
2. nehruviandoom
3. diamond d - diam piece
4. pharoahe monch - ptsd
5. meyhem lauren/buckwild - silk pyramids

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Feel like TDE as a whole deserves it this year tbh
Probably. Lukewarm introductions for two new signees that cooled off quickly, a year full of mediocre Kendrick features, Soul dropped a turd where the best joint was acapella of him getting murdered by Daylyt, Jay Rock appearing like 3 times in the year altogether (good features though), and Oxymoron unanimously feeling like a disappointment coming off of two strong mixtapes.

I think Azealia Banks probably deserves L of the year though, especially after PD broke it down in that one post.

EDIT: Don't forget about failing to sign a bunch of other artists who have carried their momentum much better than Rashad/SZA. Bronson, Danny, Jhene, etc.

Gibbs and Harry Fraud? Give me 15 tracks. asap

Aye, Pharoahe Monch's album is super solid. His 2nd best solo in fact. I don't understand having that in top 5 disappointments.

TDE is going to be on my L list no doubt....but you know who takes the cake. Enzo is right, it has to be Banks.

thabiz: yea...was really surprised how weak Silk Pyramids was. First track (with Bronson) is flames though. Might be Meyhem's worse noteworthy project.

studyguy

Don't even bother mentioning Banks.
The sky's blue and water is wet.

Drop something half way decent then fuck up your hype by burning more bridges.

DominoKid

I never thought Wayne would be subject to Birdman's stranglehold TBH. That's too far up the chain. I always thought Birdman wouldn't touch the Cash Money breadwinners but I don't think anyone is happy right now (Drake, Nicki, Wayne).

Alternatively, Wayne might be frustrated they're delaying Tha Carter V to make room for The Pinkprint. Let's face it though, there's been like no marketing or buzz for Tha Carter V, you may as well delay it because you need another good single.

Loyalty is a bitch, pretty much the only force working against Drake and his legacy now. Dude had to fight for his royalties while Baby tried to pull a fast one. I wonder how soon we'll see his deal expire and if Baby can conjure up enough blood voodoo magic to keep him from signing with 300.

Birdman been jerking niggas for 20+ now. Wayne shouldve bolted to Hov 10 years ago when he had the chance but Birdman kept him around with them pimp tactics.

Birdman been grooming Rich Gang for a reason.

studyguy

The fuck does Birdman even do to keep these dudes locked down when they're clearly better off even going independent? Like this ain't even the first time this shit has gone down with the dude.

Ls of the year:

-Lupe Fiasco, just because
-Banks
-TDE
-Cheddahz/M&Ms
-NehruvianDOOM

and I'm reading that Igloo Australia thread correctly

-Iggy

overcast

On a personal level TDE lost. But Rashad sold well for being a nobody and Q is a star now. So there is that.

On the other hand, liking Oxymoron wasn't enough. Soul is just SHIT. Kendrick was nowhere to be seen and dropped an incredibly disappointing single. Rock still hasn't dropped a tape or much at all. Rashad was dope.

I wonder how much longer they will have this loyal fan base if they drop just decent stuff or nothing. Wtf throw out an Ep.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
statik might sneak back on my list.
Don't know if I'm ready to even listen to this. I thought his last album fell pretty flat in a lot of areas even though he's very talented and there were some great joints on there.

Ls of the year:

-Lupe Fiasco, just because
-Banks
-TDE
-Cheddahz/M&Ms
-NehruvianDOOM

and I'm reading that Igloo Australia defending Bill Cosby thread correctly

-Iggy
Wait wha- *checks OT*

You mean Banks again, right?

Don't know if I'm ready to even listen to this. I thought his last album fell pretty flat in a lot of areas even though he's very talented and there were some great joints on there.

Wait wha- *checks OT*

You mean Banks again, right?

yep, got my azaleas mixed up

was gonna put Wu up there, but they aint been shit for years except Ghostface and his album was actually good so, no gains or losses were had

You will feel the exact same way about this one. His albums will always be that way

overcast

To be clear. I thin Kendrick and Q are established. Just the TDE brand itself. Kendrick's album will be great and sell Gold+.

HiResDes

Rich N*gga timeline had some bangers mane. Pop that, cross the country, can't believe it..
Their sound is much messier now. The songs aren't quite as melodic and as a result even with some good hook writing I don't find the tracks to be quite as infectious. I think part of the blame can be pointed at the return of the third Migos. There's usually not enough space on the tracks to fit all three of them just trying to rap at full tilt. It sounds like they've had to pick less beats that are less bouncy and more straightforward to compensate for the dynamic change. When they rap now I kind of just feel as if every beat gets smothered.

@theneedledrop 5m5 minutes ago

Forest Hills Drive > Born Sinner. No question.

still haven't listened to it. I will say I respect Cole for the low key way he has attended these protests. He's not jumping on cars giving nonsensical speeches or making dumb comments on twitter...he's just doing his thing. Respect.
FHD sounds like one of his mixtape. In a good and bad way.
Feel like TDE as a whole deserves it this year tbh
image.php

Nibel

My boy Drake should have left that hole back during Take Care era already, he can grow much more without Bird Money

Wayne dropping those tweets is kinda huge though - seems like there is a lot of trouble in paradise

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tyga tried to warn us
BNBtV.png
BG tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Turk tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Juvie tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Jae Millz tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Mystikal tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Curren$y tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Busta Rhymes tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

Mannie Fresh tried to warn you
BNBtV.png

I mean, they're one of the only labels I can think of that has to have a separate wiki page for former artists.

breakfuss

J Cole albums bore me. And from what I've heard this won't prove different. I'll like one or two songs (likely an interlude). But I know he's talented and wish him continued success, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom