• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't really heard the album. Honestly aside from Meth, Ghostface, and maybe the occassional Raekwon song...I don't think I'd be excited for any of them on a project.

Ideally at this point, I'd like to see somebody (or The Revelations) just produce an album for each of them (Meth, Ghost, and Rae...they're already doing one with Ghost) like the first round of solo projects, and just do some cool songs, but getting all them together now for a project....Nah. RZA's mind is just elsewhere now, so he's really not the man to make shit happen.

And I love Wu-Tang still.

studyguy

This new Wu...

nsr.gif

Maybe it'll be better after a few more listens?
Prob not

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I never thought Wayne would be subject to Birdman's stranglehold TBH. That's too far up the chain. I always thought Birdman wouldn't touch the Cash Money breadwinners but I don't think anyone is happy right now (Drake, Nicki, Wayne).

Alternatively, Wayne might be frustrated they're delaying Tha Carter V to make room for The Pinkprint. Let's face it though, there's been like no marketing or buzz for Tha Carter V, you may as well delay it because you need another good single.

Loyalty is a bitch, pretty much the only force working against Drake and his legacy now. Dude had to fight for his royalties while Baby tried to pull a fast one. I wonder how soon we'll see his deal expire and if Baby can conjure up enough blood voodoo magic to keep him from signing with 300.

Detox

Drake ain't signing with nobody if J Prince isn't involved. He's going to get fucked for life. J Prince ran up on him when he tried to sneakily sign exclusively to YM

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pusha has owned Waynes soul for a hot minute now. At this point he's just redistributing it to the people.

Exodus is a classic diss song already IMO. Perfectly executed and it's a great song. Also the video is fitting in all the right ways.

Pusha has owned Waynes soul for a hot minute now. At this point he's just redistributing it to the people.

Exodus is a classic diss song already IMO. Perfectly executed and it's a great song. Also the video is fitting in all the right ways.

That slow ether now the song is even more evident.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First Impressions - 2014 Forest Hills Drive

Some good song concepts on there and generally good content but uh.. how did he get worse at doing hooks? His debut and Born Sinner had a wealth of them, but the only good hooks on 2014FHD are St. Tropez. You can't be sitting in this lane and having made your career off of memorable hooks like Lights Please and put this trash out. J. Cole's singing at times sounds like Kanye in the shower. I swear the first half of the album I was JAMMING with until the hook came in and then it's all
T1yAiPB.png

Production is on point just.. boring in places. Might just be that I'm in an R&B kick right now but the smoother/jazzier/acoustic production isn't hitting for me or incessantly gives me a feeling I've heard this exact beat somewhere before. Spitting is definitely on point and very strong, and he probably has the best critique of white people appropriating black culture I've seen (though I don't necessarily agree with everyone he named), but that's sort of counterbalanced with Cole's forever awkward and teenage depictions and descriptions of women. Most of second half especially is straight booty and it ends at the lowest note. Standouts probably A Tale of Two Citiez, St. Tropez, No Role Modelz, but I know I won't care about any of these songs at the top of next year.

Just occurred to me but a big problem with Cole is he does songs talking about a million different topics that sound exactly the same with those same drums and pianos. That probably contributes to sterility that most.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think if Pusha even dropped Fear of God 2 this year it'd be in the top 10 lmao

Still listen to Body Work on the regular.

Weezy f baby and the 'f' is for fed up

Desus Nice ‏@desusnice

weezy: where's my checks?
birdman: Don't you mean bhecks, pleghboi?
weezy: THIS IS SERIOUS

Desus is the funniest dude on twitter

illadelph

I think it's gonna come out at some point that RZA and Badu got shitty drunk one night at an awards show or some shit and ended up fucking back in like '99

illadelph

Baby's probably trying to do the smart thing and space out Wayne and Nicki's albums. On top of that, Wayne's album is probably trash and needs extra time to try to salvage it

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
John Legend - Glory ft. Common. God damn this sounds so triumphant. Good song. Commentary on Ferguson and all that.

DJ Mustard ft. Big Sean, Boosie Badazz, YG & Lil Wayne lyric video. IMHO the only keeper off of Mustard's album. Shit goes hard as fuck, also one of the best Wayne verses in a while.

RiFF RaFF & Rae Sremmurd - Choppin off of apparently a Mike WiLL tape that's dropping in a week and a half? Truly a collaboration guided by destiny.
One of these kids went in

Rich Homie Quan - Around The World (Prod. by Metro Boomin' & Zaytoven). Shitload of DJ drops though.

Rome Fortune - Juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom