• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Man these psychology papers are killing me brehs, my fellow Canadian bro Drake is the only thing getting me through this right now...

but Drake said turning papers in don't get you paid tho
9jflHGL.png

I can't believe how many people are sleeping on Black Milk's CD. Not here on gaf but like every so called hip-hop head I know is amazed when I introduce them to his album. It isn't like he some backpack dude that only Des knows of either.

injurai

Banned
I can't believe how many people are sleeping on Black Milk's CD. Not here on gaf but like every so called hip-hop head I know is amazed when I introduce them to his album. It isn't like he some backpack dude that only Des knows of either.

In my top 5 hip-hop albums this year certainly.

It seems there is only some music you have to actively work to be informed about. Not everything fights it's way to the public.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A lot of people were gushing over it tens of pages ago. Still on my backlog though.

I liked Milk's last few projects but I'm not really excited to jump in exactly.

JEKKI

may be late on the conversation, but I listened to the new Wu Tang album like 4 times already...

I went into it with the lowest expectations,

3 songs in and it was aiite, I was diggin it,

but then Mistaken Identity comes on, followed by Hold the Heater, prolly 2 of the worst songs ever...

and then the album doesnt get any better from there.

The entire record sounds like a bunch of ppl not even in the room together, just recorded random ass verses, and sent them to RZA so he can turn em all into really crappy songs.

I relistened to Liquid Swords today, and it's like RZA forgot what good music is.

I relistened to the new Army of the Pharaohs album yesterday and I know what it sounds like to have a collaborative effort where each emcee actually wants to make it happen.

so yah, ugh, fukk u RZA. I cant believe u went thru all this effort to put out terrible songs like Miracle and Preachers Daughter, and you're an idiot to think these songs actually do the Wu legacy justice.

in A Better Tomorrow's defense tho, it isnt as bad as Bone Thugs Uni5 album...

Pathos

Banned
Yeah I've told some of my friends about checking out if there's a hell below and they have also never heard of black milk. hell I didn't even know who he was till i saw him get mentioned here. it's my second favourite release of the year so far but still got a big 2014 backlog.

People don't know underground rappers/producers. Knowbody Knows shit of any of the underground rappers I listen to except for Jean Grae and Immortal Technique.

IrishNinja

i didn't think Mistaken Identity was particularly bad, but yeah, when the album dives, it continues doing so

The entire record sounds like a bunch of ppl not even in the room together, just recorded random ass verses, and sent them to RZA so he can turn em all into really crappy songs.

I relistened to Liquid Swords today, and it's like RZA forgot what good music is..

yeah and again, coming off a clear joint effort like RTJ2, it's painfully obvious.

related to GZA: here's my man with some energy in the day

DeadTsar

What's better 36 Seasons or 12 Reasons?
12 Reasons for me.
Mainly because it was my first Ghostface album (I'm 21, give me a break), it was a neat tidy package (shorter than Yeezus), and my exposure to his style was very limited. AND I'm not even talking about the Brown tape.

So far on 36 seasons I love Double Cross. I haven't properly listened to the rest but from what I've heard it hasn't beaten 12 Reasons for me

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New contender for worst MC name: Trademark Da Skydiver.

Will he dethrone RA The Rugged Man?

B4Ue_3UIUAARkAD.jpg

Cass won?
Yeah but after all that fuckery, who gives a fuck. Plus he's facing Dizaster, who's lost in pretty much every recent battle I can think of.

All these high profile events give a bad look to battle rap when they put all this money and big names on the card and they're worse than your average PG battle SMH

#Yaki #Yaki #Yakuza

12 Reasons for me.
Mainly because it was my first Ghostface album (I'm 21, give me a break), it was a neat tidy package (shorter than Yeezus), and my exposure to his style was very limited. AND I'm not even talking about the Brown tape.

So far on 36 seasons I love Double Cross. I haven't properly listened to the rest but from what I've heard it hasn't beaten 12 Reasons for me

You should check out Ghost's first couple of album Iron Man and Supreme Clientele are classics.

Detox

First couple of listens this new e40 is nice, got a nice balance between the club and straight rap songs. Bay sound may be grating for some.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Did they seriously pay Cass $250,000 to rap battle a dude for 20 minutes?
Rumoured $250 000 for two battles. We don't know, could just be shit talking but Diz implied that he was getting $100 000 vs. Dizaster.

I think the final round didn't have a time limit, but essentially Cass got paid for 15 minutes of original material. That's $111 a second. And most people are in agreement paying Loaded Lux $40k was stupid enough.

Rumoured $250 000 for two battles. We don't know, could just be shit talking but Diz implied that he was getting $100 000 vs. Dizaster.

I think the final round didn't have a time limit, but essentially Cass got paid for 15 minutes of original material. That's $111 a second. And most people are in agreement paying Loaded Lux $40k was stupid enough.

..Diz got paid $100,000 to battle?

Where does this money come from lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
..Diz got paid $100,000 to battle?

Where does this money come from lol
No Cassidy got $100k, though Diz likely got upwards of $50k.

The only reason that event happened or was a big deal is because one of the organizers linked up with a billionaire (Alki David) and his company to do the PPV. And he's willing to seemingly throw away stacks, apparently.

everyone should just forget this happened and wash their ears out with B Magic vs. Conceited which is an instant classic.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
No Cassidy got $100k, though Diz likely got upwards of $50k.

The only reason that event happened or was a big deal is because one of the organizers linked up with a billionaire (Alki David) and his company to do the PPV. And he's willing to seemingly throw away stacks, apparently.

everyone should just forget this happened and wash their ears out with B Magic vs. Conceited which is an instant classic.

No doubt.

I can't believe that any one person is hyping Cass up off of that wack performance. Can you imagine him going up against someone like Bigg K or even T-Top? Dudes that talk that shit, better than him. It'd be ritual sacrifice, with Cass in the middle of the pentagram with a dagger in the heart.

I just want to see who the next industry dude is to step up.

Esch

Banned
The Drake L we've all been waiting for.

Relentlessly lust after other dudes girls nonstop, brehs. He's lucky he hasn't got shot yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom