• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathos

Banned
Not surprised, shmurda isn't going anywhere
A lot of these new guys make a 1 hit wonder single and think they're gonna hit the big leagues afterwards, but just end up being dropped by their label like a year later

Dude's trash anyways

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Glad for Krit.

Also glad to see Banks and Bobby Smegma bombing. Hopefully means we will see them vanish that much quicker.

That's a reissue of Banks' album. Overall her album has sold 400k. Pretty hilarious that she still hasn't gone gold despite all those hits but the album isn't a failure. Still think she'll be gone in a couple years, she's trash and I'd imagine the next crop of female rappers will prove it.

Bobby Shmurda has the #6 song in the country brehs. What the fuck.

Nobody checking for NYC Trinidad James 2.0 outside of Hot Nigga.

That's a reissue of Banks' album. Overall her album has sold 400k. Pretty hilarious that she still hasn't gone gold despite all those hits but the album isn't a failure. Still think she'll be gone in a couple years, she's trash and I'd imagine the next crop of female rappers will prove it.

wait
what

big ander

?

did you mix up azealia banks and iggy azalea?

iavi

Scust @ them peoples for even trying to sell Shmurda she wrote as is.

We're going into 2015. I'm not against the sale of EPs, but that was a lazy ass 5 track ep quickly cluttered with some jank ass filler tracks to fill void around Hot Nigga then packaged and hyped as if it was a full LP.

Cudder

Nice. This is in the GTAV upgrade though? I haven't even listened to the hip-hop stations yet cause Rockstar leveled up the other ones so hard.
Yeah it is. GTA V is so fucking awesome in first person mode. Gotta change the controls to FPS though, I was getting handled on the default controls.

Yeah it is. GTA V is so fucking awesome in first person mode. Gotta change the controls to FPS though, I was getting handled on the default controls.

I haven't even played beyond the opening missions yet. Been distracted going around looking at all the improvements for like 7-8 hours already, it's ridiculous.

I can't commit to first person though. I always feel like I'm missing something happening in my periphery, especially while driving. Rockstar's controls still aren't up the the task either. Feels like a 2003 FPS before shooters all smoothed out their mechanics to feel like Halo or CoD. Rockstar's good at a lot of things, controls ain't one of em.

That Azealia album has some great production though, she's still better at picking a beat than most.
Album probably would've been big before she killed her own career.

Scust @ them peoples for even trying to sell Shmurda she wrote as is.

We're going into 2015. I'm not against the sale of EPs, but that was a lazy ass 5 track ep quickly cluttered with some jank ass filler tracks to fill void around Hot Nigga then packaged and hyped as if it was a full LP.

I think Bobby Bitch is supposed to be his follow up smash to Hot Nigga...

Camp Lo

Banned
Lord Jamar: 2014 Could Possibly Be Worst Year Ever in Rap Music

Setting up for Em to
H6ofe.png
rap

overcast

I really doubt that. I'm not keeping track though. I just know which years are great. I'm sure Lord Jamar doesn't listen to a lot of the lesser known shit though.

That 45 track by Earl is actually kinda dope though. No shit post.

Camp Lo

Banned
Nah he didn't. He's going purely off Vlad's picks which are 100% "commercial", like Young Money's Rise of an Empire and Neon Icon.

No mention of shit like Logic and RTJ2 so

mooooose

those azealia banks sales seem pretty good for someone who is blacklisted and (now) indie

Sounds like a return to 8 diagrams. Which you would think is bad, but 8 Diagrams compared to now makes me cautiously optimistic? Sounds better than the last 2 songs that's for sure.
sounds like the w/iron flag era to me. 8 diagrams was underrated anyway. not a good wu album but had two dope songs (take it back and my heart gently weeps) and some mediocre ones.

those azealia banks sales seem pretty good for someone who is blacklisted and (now) indie

sounds like the w/iron flag era to me. 8 diagrams was underrated anyway. not a good wu album but had two dope songs (take it back and my heart gently weeps) and some mediocre ones.

smh @ you for not mentioning the best song on 8 Diagrams: Campfire.

After listening a few times Necklace isn't that bad. I'd probably enjoy it more in between two better songs. More excited for Ghostface's next two albums (36 seasons and the BadBadNotGood project) than this Wu album

overcast

sayin, isnt that better than Old did?
I'm sure danny sees more of a cut from sales, and I bet he gets more off touring. Either way, not really the bar for success. I would say Krit did pretty decently. He's on a major though, Fools Gold isn't that.

I don't know about this new Ghost, the drums are always terrible when everything is live...

Take It Back? Ewwww

Campfire and Weak Spot man!

It's a shame they couldn't clear Watch Your Mouth for the album that was cool, if only for having them all on the same track

Necklace isn't bad...it's frustrating. I can tell there's a really good song in there, but it's marred by what seems like the email copy paste verse shit of modern Wu. I don't hear any chemistry on the track, it just feels like verses tacked on a beat; sure they cover the same theme but I just don't hear the back-and-forth energy you'd expect on a track like this.

Think back to all those classic Rae-Ghost-Cappa songs on Ironman and other albums, and then listen to this. sigh..

Necklace isn't bad...it's frustrating. I can tell there's a really good song in there, but it's marred by what seems like the email copy paste verse shit of modern Wu. I don't hear any chemistry on the track, it just feels like verses tacked on a beat; sure they cover the same theme but I just don't hear the back-and-forth energy you'd expect on a track like this.

Think back to all those classic Rae-Ghost-Cappa songs on Ironman and other albums, and then listen to this. sigh..
I agree with this.

But with how music is nowadays, we're not gonna get that type of song anymore. Nevermind a whole album of it. The Wu could actually record together and cook up something amazing.

Just ain't gonna happen again. Unfortunately.

Definitely they all sound asleep on the track I had to check twice to see if Ghost was really on the song at first he had no enthusiasm whatsoever.

This is spot on.
There's a few stories in RZA's book about recording and how they used to battle for beats and how much competition was involved. Like Deck would record a verse then people would start rewriting theirs on the spot and stuff and you can definitely hear it in the music.
Now though it's like you said, no chemistry.
They're not the 'Clan' anymore.

Is there any definitive reason why they don't record together?
I've heard RZA duck that question many times but still don't know what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom