• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to the party but that Doe-Active song on Ferg Forever sounds like something ODB would have made if he was still around. I can't stop listening to it, it's so fucking ridiculous.
Yup heavy odb vibes off this ferg tape. Much more than Danny Brown ever had.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'd rather get another batch of solo albums from Mike and El-p than another RTJ so quickly. Let the last album breath more brehs, no need to rush.

HiResDes

HiResDes does RetcH sound like Schoolboy Q to you?
Retch sounds grimier to me and when he wants he can get more nuanced in his writing like Vince Staples. Da$h is closer to Q to me personally.

And as for Weezer they are like the Eminem of Loser Rock to me. They have those two albums that I used to think were good, but everything since has been so bad since that it made the band and Rivers especially retroactively terrible.

overcast

I can't tell if this is a positive or negative for either.
Well, they did drop the first two with only a little over a year in between. Not foreign for them. Would love a RAP Music in between, but I understand they have a blast with RTJ.

Esch

Banned
They have those two albums that I used to think were good, but everything since has been so bad since that it made the band and Rivers especially retroactively terrible.

This so bizarre, and it always has me like what when I see similar sentiments from people.

The average dope artist only has a couple truly great pieces of work in their catalogue, what's the point of being a bitter Nancy over the rest of it you don't like?

HiResDes

This so bizarre, and it always has me like what when I see similar sentiments from people.

The average dope artist only has a couple truly great pieces of work in their catalogue, what's the point of being a bitter Nancy over the rest of it you don't like?
It's not a conscious thing, but like when I go back and listen to Pinkerton and Blue Album they don't even sound as good.

Esch

Banned

Be still my black heart

It's not a conscious thing, but like when I go back and listen to Pinkerton and Blue Album they don't even sound as good.

MzCbJhu.png

Kwixotik

I'm glad that's not the case for me. It's probably because I only heard a couple singles from their later stuff and just decided to never even give the rest a listen. I just pretend they were all murdered in 1997 and were replaced with lookalikes.

I was honestly confused for half a second when you said Blue Album because the two Weezer albums I acknowledge are their self-titled (lol) and Pinkerton

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Late to the party but that Doe-Active song on Ferg Forever sounds like something ODB would have made if he was still around. I can't stop listening to it, it's so fucking ridiculous.

shits a banger of the highest order. that ferg tape is definitely a good shot to hit somewhere in my top ten. this year is going to be tough to put together.

Kwixotik

Hello. So, I haven't posted here before but I was hoping to get a few recommendations. I've had a lot of fun this past year rediscovering hip-hop. I used to listen to a lot when I was younger, but I fell out of the loop in recent times. I heard a few things on the radio, but I didn't really like it, so I decided to dig deeper. To my surprise, I found some interesting stuff that I actually liked a lot. I know I'm just an anime avatar, but maybe someone will recommend a few things based on what I liked:

Kendrick GKMC - Heard a single, didn't like it. Listened to the full album and was blown away. Incredible.
Killer Mike RAP music - So much hype, but also really good production.
RTJ 1&2 - great
Shabazz Palaces - weird, but good.
Danny Brown XXX - Also liked Old, but think XXX is slightly better for some reason.
Vince Staples Hell Can Wait
A$AP Ferg Trap Lord - Okay I really liked this. Dunno why though. I love how dark and atmospheric it is. I tried some other trap, but it didn't seem as good as this?
A few other TDE artists - Mostly liked their roster. Most impressed by Kendrick, the rest are simply good to me.
Riff Raff Neon Icon - Oh god pls don't hate me for this, It's stupid, but I thought it was fun, not very serious!

Stuff I didn't like too much:
Drake

This post got me to listen to Hell Can Wait since we have very similar opinions on these. I'm not that into Oxymoron or Ab Soul though, and haven't listened to Neon Icon. I'm also passionate about my hatred for Drake so that helped too.

Anyway, loved Hell Can Wait. It manages to be both sort of nihilistic and conscious at the same time and in an effective way, which I found interesting. He's a good storyteller too. This is the first I heard from him besides his verse on Hive and the video for Nate. Might check out his older stuff soon. I know a couple of his mixtapes were recommended to me in a previous thread. I'm interested in where his future output goes either way.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Order in Indian pizza and blow trees to Pinkprint all day brehs.

Really looking forward to a new Pilot Talk in my life.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Was he ever married to Janet Jackson? If so did she take his dough on the way out? Hard to believe dude would be broke.
He was just doing a press run a few weeks ago where he talked about how him breaking off business with Mariah was the best thing to happen to him.

It was at that point I kind of figured he is one of those Dame "ya boy still got it, lolbankruptcy? my accountant is paaaaaaid" Dash types.

Vorheez

Huh... I never thought about that comparison, but going back and listening to doe-active with that in mind, I definitely see it.

Also, what's the consensus on Big Sean? I find his lyrical content to be a bit cheesy sometimes but I think his flow is unique enough to make him stand out. As I've said before, his verse on Ja Rule is one of the best on Fergs tape.

overcast

Also, what's the consensus on Big Sean? I find his lyrical content to be a bit cheesy sometimes but I think his flow is unique enough to make him stand out. As I've said before, his verse on Ja Rule is one of the best on Fergs tape.
He occasionally puts out a fire verse, but his content is lacking overall for me. No memorable projects.

I can't believe I put off listening to Lese Majesty for so long. Wow, man.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Is Cam actually going to try on this album? That last album was garbage.

Dipshits proved he could put out something hot if he gave a fuck and actually hired people to produce his sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom