• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_men4drfXRu1qe5icro1_400.gif
I'm late but this first Rich Gang tape got me

EDIT
Oh and what are some other dope Young Thug tapes ?

Also, what's the consensus on Big Sean? I find his lyrical content to be a bit cheesy sometimes but I think his flow is unique enough to make him stand out. As I've said before, his verse on Ja Rule is one of the best on Fergs tape.
His best project for me is his Detroit tape. I really like him for features, but generally cannot go through a whole album of him

Huh... I never thought about that comparison, but going back and listening to doe-active with that in mind, I definitely see it.

Also, what's the consensus on Big Sean? I find his lyrical content to be a bit cheesy sometimes but I think his flow is unique enough to make him stand out. As I've said before, his verse on Ja Rule is one of the best on Fergs tape.

I use to think he was super duper corny until I heard his first album which I thought had some dope bangers on there but it wasn't the smash he needed it be. Hall of Fame was disappointing only a few good songs on there. Detroit is his best tape for sure nice variety of bangers, some conscious stuff, good features and production. His new songs he released with IDFWU were all dope to me Paradise , Jit/Juke, and 4th Quarter Freestyle. Check out 1st Quarter Freestyle as well

DominoKid

Lol Yeah heard all those songs definitely his best songs I've heard so far. Tbh I didn't really like him until I heard him on Skyfall and Mamacita on Days Before Rodeo.

have you heard him go in on Givenchy?

or some of his old shit with Gucci

thugga and migos going in for about 5 mins
thugga & quan pre-rich gang - get the fuck out my face

i came from nothing tapes are cool too to see the development.

actually toku posted a comp of some of his best stuff up to may.

Only heard Givenchy from that Rich Gang tape will listen/download this stuff when I get a chance.

Hmm funny how they bring up his past when he's trying to help change some of backwards shit regarding race and police brutality going on in the NYPD.
Wonder why ??
mysmilie_2679-gif-png.284

Mau ®;142913584 said:
Let's be real here. "Wet Dreamz" is amazing.

Your faves could never.

Song is dope but hey man you're in a thread where a guy losing his virginity is uncomfortable but eating ass is a whole movement.

Mau ®

Song is dope but hey man you're in a thread where a guy losing his virginity is uncomfortable but eating ass is a whole movement.

Yeah, I've read some interesting things here. Y'all are good people doe.

Listening to 2014 Forest Hill Drive. So far really good. Will need y'alls AOTY lists so I can compare.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Forest Hills Drive has the worst songwriting, worst hooks, worst original production and least memorable records in Cole's entire career outside of Truly Yours IMO. Truly Yours 2 and Any Given Sundays are even far superior.

Extremely disappointed.

Young Magus

New York Observer: The 10 Best Hip-Hop Albums of 2014

10. Mobb Deep - The Infamous Mobb Deep
9. Black Milk – If There’s A Hell Below
8. Step Brothers (Alchemist And Evidence) – Lord Steppington
7. The Roots – …And Then You Shoot Your Cousin
6. Pharrell Williams – G I R L
5. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib – Piñata
4. Souls of Mischief – There Is Only Now
3. DJ Premier & Royce Da 5’9” – PRhyme
2. Run The Jewels – Run The Jewels 2
1. Pharoahe Monch – PTSD: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Yo is this good?

Also, what would be the best roots album to start with? or in general?

DominoKid

Quan is much better on this new batch of tracks. I thought Thug carried him a lot on the last tape. But his delivery feels so much more inspired than anything on the last RG tape and his last tape. Neck and neck w/ Thug now.

If Birdman locked them, London and Metro Boomin in a studio for like 4 months and gave them an unlimited supply of weed and lean I'm pretty sure they'd drop the blueprint for the next 5 years of trap music.

in other news, i was very impressed by that Cole performance on Lettermen. He should've put that verse on the track and at least made it an iTunes bonus or something.

Kwixotik

I think he's my second least favorite rapper that is relevant right now

Pathos

Banned
big sean is aight, usually has good beats with decent delivery. there is just something about his voice that just irks me tho.

DominoKid

big sean best project is still FFV3. he's better technically now and as long as he's not stressing his voice (10 2 10) his delivery is usually tight. but everything on that tape felt so easy for him. even Detroit, a good tape, still felt like he was trying to make good music. Hall of Fame felt like he was just out of ideas and inspiration.

that IDFWU joint sounds like he's back in that FFV3 headspace.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Ah okay.

Also:
Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation

That's a classic. I don't know how far back you would want recommendations, but I feel like you wouldn't enjoy some other things I like from the past few years.

Like how far back though? This last year, I also re-listened to some classics that I was probably too young to fully appreciate when they came out. Illmatic, 36 Chambers, Midnight Marauders... all hold up remarkably well. I haven't heard much over the past 6 or 7 years thoughs. Maybe just some Kanye.

Funny you mentioned Lil Ugly Mane. I had a co-worker recommend him to me, so it's already on my list. Will get around to it soon.

This post got me to listen to Hell Can Wait since we have very similar opinions on these. I'm not that into Oxymoron or Ab Soul though, and haven't listened to Neon Icon. I'm also passionate about my hatred for Drake so that helped too.

Anyway, loved Hell Can Wait. It manages to be both sort of nihilistic and conscious at the same time and in an effective way, which I found interesting. He's a good storyteller too. This is the first I heard from him besides his verse on Hive and the video for Nate. Might check out his older stuff soon. I know a couple of his mixtapes were recommended to me in a previous thread. I'm interested in where his future output goes either way.

It's great. And you're right on point. As for Neon Icon, I honestly don't know if I can give it a recommendation or not. I think it's fun, but it probably depends on how well you can tolerate his whole shtick. It's silly... sorta in a Lil Wayne kind of way, except WAY more cheesy and even cornier than that. It's easy to see why many people would dismiss him. Riff Raff probably has zero legitimacy and he isn't as good as he makes himself out to be, but I think that's part of the appeal for me. Like sometimes you laugh with him, but mostly you laugh at him. Besides, he has a Versace sleeping bag, and he can shoot a BB through a frosted cheerio from fifty yards away. It's entertaining shit if you don't take it seriously (I don't think it's supposed to be taken seriously...)

Quan is much better on this new batch of tracks. I thought Thug carried him a lot on the last tape. But his delivery feels so much more inspired than anything on the last RG tape and his last tape. Neck and neck w/ Thug now.

If Birdman locked them, London and Metro Boomin in a studio for like 4 months and gave them an unlimited supply of weed and lean I'm pretty sure they'd drop the blueprint for the next 5 years of trap music.

in other news, i was very impressed by that Cole performance on Lettermen. He should've put that verse on the track and at least made it an iTunes bonus or something.

Hmmm I thought the same when I listening to Rich Gang today Thugger was beasting throughout that whole tape. So the whole thing of Vol. 2 is out now huh ? Good to hear RHQ stepping up and a London & Boomin album from this duo would be too cold.

DominoKid

it's not the whole legit thing. it's like 8 duo tracks that are supposed to be for the next album/tape. and 3 or 4 tracks from each of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom