• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Like how far back though? This last year, I also re-listened to some classics that I was probably too young to fully appreciate when they came out. Illmatic, 36 Chambers, Midnight Marauders... all hold up remarkably well. I haven't heard much over the past 6 or 7 years thoughs. Maybe just some Kanye.

Funny you mentioned Lil Ugly Mane. I had a co-worker recommend him to me, so it's already on my list. Will get around to it soon.
I don't really remember what you've heard, but I'll just post random albums I like.

Blu & Exile's - Below the Heavens
Big Krit - Krit Wuz Here
Freddie Gibbs - Baby Face Killah and Pinata.
Lil Herb - Fazoland
Strong Arm Steady - In Search of Stoney Jackson
Tiron and Ayomari - A Sucker For Pumps
Kno - Death Is Silent
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology

injurai

Banned
I've heard none of those. Man I have so much on my plate now. Thank you guys so much. Gon eat :)

I second Blu & Exile, Kno, and Cunninglingus. Also the earlier Blue Sky Black Death albums are really good. Black Milk - If There’s A Hell Below is really good. If you're a fan of the Aesop Rock style albums Busdriver - Perfect Hair is great and is one of my personal favorites of the year. I'll just toss in a super old classic, you may know of it. But just incase you don't, Souls of Mischief '93 til infinity. When anybody tries to say an album is the best. Just remember 93 exists in an uncomparable echelon of it's own.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like Chance has been releasing the same boring ass tepid track with his shitty singing for a whole year. Where is the spark that was there for Acid Rap? This track is supposed to be emotional and I feel nothing.
I feel the same.

At this point I think Chance has squarely released more wack stuff than shit I fuck with. What a way to fuck up your big splash. Not nearly checking for him like I used to, at some point soon I will stop caring altogether.

T Dollarz

I don't really remember what you've heard, but I'll just post random albums I like.

Blu & Exile's - Below the Heavens
Big Krit - Krit Wuz Here
Freddie Gibbs - Baby Face Killah and Pinata.
Lil Herb - Fazoland
Strong Arm Steady - In Search of Stoney Jackson
Tiron and Ayomari - A Sucker For Pumps
Kno - Death Is Silent
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology

This list is fucking aces

Xater

Well I am not exactly a regular of this thread, but gotta ask anyone here checked out the new Nicki Minaj album yet? It's out her ein Europe today and I am currently listening to it on Spotify.

I'd say it's way better than her last one which I thought was total garbage. Definitely more actual rapping on here like on her first album. Still don't think I like it as much as that one but I'll give it some more listening time.

Also Run the Jewels 2 is pretty awesome.

Nitsuj23

Young Thug hasn't made a good tape, only great singles.

Danny Glover
2 Cups Stuffed
Old English (Ft. Freddie Gibbs and ASAP Ferg)
Mamacita (Travis Scott's song, but Thugger has a great verse).

Rinse and repeat those. Does me good. Oh The Blanguage is cool.

Somebody probably already replied to this. I'm catching up from a page or so back, but 1017 Thug is a good project. I think it was mixtape of the year at some publications. Some of the guest verses are a little unbearable, but compared to his other projects they're not very prevalent.

Edit: Just caught up and no one recommended 1017 Thug? Am I weird for liking it a lot? I'm not even 100% sure on the mixtape of the year thing... just think I read that somewhere...

Edit 2: Google isn't helping with my claim of "mixtape of the year at some publications". I did find this #5 on Rolling Stone's Top 10 Mixtapes of 2013 :/

studyguy

So I finally got down to listening to J Cole.
Honestly I don't know. Some of it is okay,
nah not Wet Dreamz sorry
, but a lot of it I take some issue with over his... how do you even say it, it's like blind idealism of circumstances. Like almost ignorantly conscious rap. Idk, that's something that struck me weird, personally. It's an okay album overall, better than Sinner. Maybe I'm off base, but some of the shit he puts down definitely feels relatable while other shit feels like the dude thinks he's on another planet in terms of notoriety. Maybe it's just cause I'm not that into his shit. Who knows.

Chance The Rapper - Ish Illa. Single from his new album.

Welp.

Fucked with Acid Rap, but I'm not sure what this is. I feel like I'm listening to Bino. Trash.

Cheddahz

Banned
sR2NLZz7_400x400.jpeg

14 women coming forward feels damning as fuck. its hard to have proof 30 years after the fact. The whole situation is shitty.
No smoke without fire.

Gotta wonder who is legit and whose looking for a payday though.

Ayo morris the guys are going in on you on gaming side breh. Digging up old posts n shit lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom