• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Young Thug - Warrior (Prod. by Metro Boomin)

g1OV71S.gif
That's better than anything on shitty ass Rich Gang.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
First Impressions - PRHYME

This is a pretty solid EP. Preemo doing his thing. Obviously not his best work, but he still brings those punchy drums that you can't help but knock your head to, and those infectious melodies that have you wondering where the best and song will take you next. Royce is probably spitting his best since Bad Meet Evil or early Slaughterhouse. Still has some eye roll worthy metaphors from time to time but most of the time he's cooking.

It just needs some sort of break in momentum because it can be a bit exhausting hearing Royce spit for 2 minutes and then a loop and back into 2 minutes of Royce spitting each song.

Features are pretty solid aside from maybe Slaughterhouse (Crooked I particularly; pretty tired of him using the if you are what you eat/pussy like over and over). Ab-Soul verse is forgettable. Jay Elec sounding like he spit his verse in the washroom. Decent project overall, will get replay for me. It's like on the very hinge of being boring though.
yup, agree with this.

U Looz being the shortest track on the album is a crime tho. one of the best beats on the project and they barely did anything with it.

Nibel

Chief Keef’s Album ‘Nobody’ Is Dropping Next Week

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/12/chief-keefs-kanye-west-featuring-nobody-album-due-next-week/

The album clocks in at 12 tracks and roughly 35 minutes, Nobody features Keef’s trademark utilitarian song titles—one through four-track run is “Fishin’,” “Funny,” “Gooey,” and “Hard.” Perhaps most notably, the record includes “Nobody,” a song that is said to feature Kanye West and presumably what Keef was previewing earlier this year.

My Top 10 for 2014 ( No Order)

100s IVRY
Isaiah Rashad Cilvia Demo
CyHi Tha Prynce Black Hystori Project
Flying Lotus Your Dead
J. Cole 2014 Forest Drive
Travis Scott Days Before Rodeo
Mac Miller Faces
Ghostface Killah 36 Seasons
Schoolboy Q Oxymoron
Big KRIT Cadalliactica

Honorable Mentions : YG My Krazy Life, Mick Jenkins The Waters, Common Nobody's Smiling, Rick Ross Mastermind, Ty Dolla $ign Beach House EP, DJ Quik Midnight Life, Jeezy Seen It All.

TBH IMO there hasn't been a REAL knockout project this year alot of the stuff I've listed range from a light 7 to a high 8. If Chance's album comes out soon and its good it'll probably make the list but this is what it's looking like currently.

So is this on the Metro & Thugger tape coming soon ?

Does anyone here actually listen to parody rap outside of just looking at a YouTube video of the song?

Examples: Lonely Island, Weird Al, Roc Marciano, and Lil Dicky

Does anyone here actually listen to parody rap outside of just looking at a YouTube video of the song?

nah not really tbh. i just watch the music videos. lil dicky is talented from what i've heard but i just don't really feel like putting the time into this.

I listen to a lot actually; comedic rap in general

Waffle Gang - Syrup on Deez - Eat or Die

The C Corner - Sold Out
Song starts about 3 minutes in.

The C Corner - Perm It Up

3 Loco - We Are Farmers

Rap Is A Joke - S.M.O.D. feat. Dirt Nasty - The Double Penetration

The Bar - Rashida Jones - Walk into a Bar

Rap Is A Joke - Can't Go Hard - YMCA
I usually don't like auto-tune, but when it's used for comedic purposes I love it and these two tracks make use of it.

Awkwafina - My Vag - Yellow Ranger

Vorheez

Seriously? Nobody fucks with the music I posted? I swear if that shit ain't on a mixtape, has under 40,000 views on YouTube, or didn't come out within the last 6 months then most of you wont listen to it.

I mean, really, I've posted some shit by Brotha Lynch Hung numerous times from his 20 years in the game and nobody? He's arguably better than the majority of garbage we roll through here (i listen to it to, don't worry) and it astounds me that we can't even dedicate one page out of 20,000 to some of his music. Overcast was complaining about the thread getting ass backwards, well there you go

Come on brehs

Seriously? Nobody fucks with the music I posted? I swear if that shit ain't on a mixtape, has under 40,000 views on YouTube, or didn't come out within the last 6 months then most of you wont listen to it.

I mean, really, I've posted some shit by Brotha Lynch Hung numerous times from his 20 years in the game and nobody? He's arguably better than the majority of garbage we roll through here (i listen to it to, don't worry) and it astounds me that we can't even dedicate one page out of 20,000 to some of his music. Overcast was complaining about the thread getting ass backwards, well there you go

Come on brehs
Well, no offense but it's not like you posted music here that most people in this thread don't know about. I mean you posted Doom music which majority here hang onto his nuts even tho he ain't that good.... And I find just posting multiple links of random songs won't get you much feedback at all. Singling out an artist and at least putting a bit more of how you feel about that song would have gotten you replies.

HiResDes

Come on brehs

If you post some shit I've heard countless times I feel less compelled to say anything about unless it's something I haven't heard in a while.

Posting Brotha Lynch Hung for me personally is the equivalent of posting Halftime on your average hip hop head forum.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm loving the Rich Gang tape. LTTP but it's gonna be a contender for me. Burn this blasphemous page. 🔥

HiResDes

I said for me... Like I took the time to qualify what I was saying and you still were like fuck it I'm gonna strawman argue his ass.

Come on brehs
We've already talked about the dude numerous times. I got into him because of GAF hop. Soooooooooooooo

WorldStar

Banned
damn i got rae sremmurd - no type re-stuck in my head

i aint really followin them dat much, when they gonna drop an album? shit prolly gonna be fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom