• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

illadelph

LL Cool J has supposedly been spitting brand new rhymes over brand new Dre beats. Anyone heard them?

seen this yesterday and I was like

giphy.gif

-guys listen to the new Flatbush Zombies pls

-Jaegen & Ramriddlz following the Kanye method of releasing material.

-Kendrick was in Manchester and according to Twitter, S80 and KTT he said he's planning on dropping a new album this year.

-lil Uzi very is trash, peterboy is the yesjulz of this thread

HiResDes

-guys listen to the new Flatbush Zombies pls

-Jaegen & Ramriddlz following the Kanye method of releasing material.

-Kendrick was in Manchester and according to Twitter, S80 and KTT he said he's planning on dropping a new album this year.

-lil Uzi very is trash, peterboy is the yesjulz of this thread

Lil Uzi Vert is cool, LUV IS RAGE is damn good project breh

I like Imperial, but I think 32 Zel/Planet Shrooms is better

I'll dap this, haven't been able to cosign any of your recent opinions so it feels nice to be on the same page again

I did after your last post. Beats are nice, but that "crazy" one of them is a bit annoying on the mic. Sound-wise the new Denzel scratches this itch better for me. I might relisten tomorrow, though.
Ahh I enjoyed the crazy one when his craziness is not the forefront of their songs.

DominoKid

I'm kind of torn on what to think of Uzi. I don't really think the conventional trap songs on Luv Is Rage like Yamborghini Dream, Belly or Queso are anything special. I kinda like Safe House but it wears out it's welcome.

But that weird singsongy, almost incoherent shit I usually don't like, I fucking love. It sounds like what Keef was trying to do after he got out of jail. I have these songs in constant rotation:
- Ballin To The End
- Right Now
- Moist
- Wit My Crew/1987
- Nuyork Nights

I'd like to see what he does pushing farther down that path.

Tink is killing it, Home is so fucking fire.

This is great.

On a side note I finally found a nice black church to listen to gospel in. Last service I went to have at least 40 minutes of choir gospel, after which I left. I hope Kanye releases some TLOP instrumentals, I'd love to wear some headphones and just dance with the congregation.

oh wow ramriddlz actually transcended clown status and is making good songs now? the riff on the mrs. jackson chorus in that track is great.

he's got a lot of potential and i'm enjoying his stuff but they feel like early demos of drake tracks. he's another android ready to be absorbed by 6godcell

Cheddahz

Banned
This is great.

On a side note I finally found a nice black church to listen to gospel in. Last service I went to have at least 40 minutes of choir gospel, after which I left. I hope Kanye releases some TLOP instrumentals, I'd love to wear some headphones and just dance with the congregation.

Tidal really does provide you with great music

Luv is Rage is better than anything the Flatbush Zombies ever released that's for sure

Truth.

Edit:

Entertainment Weekly's Top 25 albums since 1990

1. Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
2. A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
3. U2 - Achtung Baby
4. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
5. Green Day - American Idiot
6. Jay-Z - The Blueprint
7. Radiohead - OK Computer
8. Nirvana - MTV Unplugged in New York
9. OutKast - Stankonia
10. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
11. Beck - Odelay
12. Beyonce - Beyonce
13. Fiona Apple - Tidal
14. The White Stripes - White Blood Cells
15. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
16. Nas - Illmatic
17. Daft Punk - Discovery
18. The Strokes - Is This It
19. Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica
20. The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die
21. Bjork - Homogenic
22. Liz Phair - Exile in Guyville
23. Adele - 21
24. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell
25. Frank Ocean - Channel ORANGE

Blueprint over RD. Stankonia over ATLiens and Aquemini. Ehhhh.

i want to clarify that the smiley used in my previous post is in reaction to RespectThySole's expression of agreement with MoodyFog's post. I do not react to rap lists created by Entertainment Weekly.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Old man question of the day: Is there an app like Snapchat where me and the missus can send each other captioned photos of like, normal, non-dick related things without them vanishing?

Detox

Old man question of the day: Is there an app like Snapchat where me and the missus can send each other captioned photos of like, normal, non-dick related things without them vanishing?
Hangouts saves to the cloud don't think it purges I've got photos from 2011 texts. Might be synced to your google photos app.

Not sure if WhatsApp purges the photos after a certain period.

Koozek

Whatsapp or Telegram. Both have Web a version, too, were you can use them in your browser after scanning a QR code with your phone quickly.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Thanks all. Most of those are texting apps, right? WhatsApp for sure, because I have that for my Euro friends. Threema too. But what about for sending Snapchat type photos with the dumb captions over them?

Fuck, man, I feel stupid old right now. HEY KIDS HOW DO YOU PLAY THIS MP3 ON THE CD PLAYER???

Cudder

Thanks all. Most of those are texting apps, right? WhatsApp for sure, because I have that for my Euro friends. Threema too. But what about for sending Snapchat type photos with the dumb captions over them?

Fuck, man, I feel stupid old right now. HEY KIDS HOW DO YOU PLAY THIS MP3 ON THE CD PLAYER???

You can still send pics on snapchat without them disappearing if you send saved pics to the person. You tap on the pic or text in the thread and that prevents them from vanishing.

thabiz

It is not

I don't think quelle chris will drop a bad beat this year. 14KT and Bombay kill it too. Detroit on fucking point on this.

Kwixotik

Vince Staples show was fucking great. Brought a lot of energy, lots of crowd interaction, and he can fucking rap. He did a crazy acapella. Did mostly the more energetic songs from Summertime 06, Nate, and a few from Hell Can Wait. Ending was kind of abrupt though.

Opener was some 17 year old local white kid. I got there at the end of his set, but I managed to catch him drop these solid gold bars
Lately I've been learning bout the birds and the bees
Dropped a mixtape and lost my virginity
dead.png

So meet me at Qdoba, I'm gon' roll up it ain't nothin' to me
Pinto beans in my burrito, roll it up and shove it in me
Then we hit the spot, I roll it up, and then you puff it quickly
Rollin' with my homies cause they keep that shit one-hunned fifty
scust.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom