• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I dunno, I think blaming the Trap Rap for violence is the wrong thing to do. Trap Rap is a great tool for artistic expression but like anything, as a tool it can be used either right or wrong.

I recently got the book "How To Rap"....and I actually started rapping yesterday! I'm ready to start rapping myself!

EGg4Z2U.gif

I'm thinking about learning how to produce, perhaps I can make some fire for you Andrew. I can already play piano and read music, which puts me ahead of most hip hop producers. Now I just need to learn how to sequence drums.

I'm thinking about learning how to produce, perhaps I can make some fire for you Andrew. I can already play piano and read music, which puts me ahead of most hip hop producers. Now I just need to learn how to sequence drums.

you're not wrong. there's a reason why scott storch had some incredible melodies in his beats back in the day. but producing is about the feel maaaan. that knowledge doesn't guarantee anything.

Kwixotik

Fine, I deserve this.

I actually tried rapping and listened to myself earlier today....

Let's just say I'm glad only I listened to it. Holy shit.....that was bad.

Fuck rapping.

It's definitely not something everybody has the talent for, despite what ignoramuses say.

You can write and not rap. It's a good creative outlet but minus the whole publicly embarrassing yourself part.

You can write and not rap. It's a good creative outlet but minus the whole publicly embarrassing yourself part.

I dunno, if you are into writing but not performing, rap probably isn't the right medium for you, unless you want to write for others, which I don't. I don't think complicated poetry and rap mix well.

Vorheez

Yeah I gotta mixtape in the vault too, called Inspiration Inspires Me

I can't tell if this is funny but I'm too tired so who cares. Rap sucks anyways

Koozek

I dunno, I think blaming the Trap Rap for violence is the wrong thing to do. Trap Rap is a great tool for artistic expression but like anything, as a tool it can be used either right or wrong.

I recently got the book "How To Rap"....and I actually started rapping yesterday! I'm ready to start rapping myself!

You just lack the third eye.

We not including Kendrick? untitled unmastered?
UU is my favorite release of the year so far, yeah.

Idk if it should be included in that conversation because it is a collection Of TPAB B-sides but they are new songs and he charged for them. It's the same reason why I don't rank/count the multiple basement tapes as a part of Bob Dylan discog.

Listening to more Drake, I think he's best when he combines singing with rapping. Hotline Bling was an excellent example of what Drake is good at, alongside Legend.

After listening to AZ's debut for the first time, I'm really convinced that he's indeed one of the most underrated rappers. I just can't believe I never got around to listening to it. His verse on Life's a Bitch is still one of the best I've ever heard.

After listening to AZ's debut for the first time, I'm really convinced that he's indeed one of the most underrated rappers. I just can't believe I never got around to listening to it. His verse on Life's a Bitch is still one of the best I've ever heard.

Listen to all his albums, all great. He is working on a new album for this year too.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
this Elzhi is pretty nice

why does She Sucks sound like a Mario Galaxy beat to me lol

Saw Kendrick tonight and it was a really dope show. TPAB live >>> by far. The band were crazy talented.

One thing that I appreciated and really respect him for was omitting nigga from choruses so that the majority white crowd wouldn't yell it out at 140dB. After hearing an arena worth of white girls singing the hook to Marvin's Room that really stood out. That was so fucking uncomfortable.

Saw Kendrick tonight and it was a really dope show. TPAB live >>> by far. The band were crazy talented.

One thing that I appreciated and really respect him for was omitting nigga from choruses so that the majority white crowd wouldn't yell it out at 140dB. After hearing an arena worth of white girls singing the hook to Marvin's Room that really stood out. That was so fucking uncomfortable.
Well, if it was one of those 'city limit' shows then he isn't allowed to say it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can a non-Soulja Girl please speak on the quality of these RamRiddlz tapes

I am not impressed by everything I've heard. Bodmon is alright but after seeing the video I can't help but hold nothing but contempt forwards dude.

PBY

Banned
Can a non-Soulja Girl please speak on the quality of these RamRiddlz tapes

I am not impressed by everything I've heard. Bodmon is alright but after seeing the video I can't help but hold nothing but contempt forwards dude.

Do you like having fun in the sun? #sweetsquad2016
tp6y.gif

HiResDes

It's not quite as funny or infectious as the P2P EP in my honest opinion, but it has nice downtempo balearic grooves. I'm really not crazy about it, but it's nice to have on in the background while during other stuff.

PBY

Banned
It's not quite as funny or infectious as the P2P EP in my honest opinion, but it has nice downtempo balearic grooves. I'm really not crazy about it, but it's nice to have on in the background while during other stuff.
I like P2p more, agreed. This is a better summer party ep tho- more basic jams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom