• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
https://soundcloud.com/djmurlo/work

tumblr_miacu7bhaf1rodv21o1_500.gif

Murlo quality as usual.

Had no clue King Kunta was this popular. 100 millions streams on Spotify. That's more than Blessings, All Day, Back to Back, or Wet Dreamz.

Apparently it's really popular in Australia too. Strange.

Had no clue King Kunta was this popular. 100 millions streams on Spotify. That's more than Blessings, All Day, Back to Back, or Wet Dreamz.

Apparently it's really popular in Australia too. Strange.

It was a big hit in Australia which is probably why Kendrick did a brief arena tour there a couple days ago. I heard he opened the concert with For Free. This is what happens when everyone tells you you're brilliant.

Sounds like outside of Kunta the biggest audience responses were for GKMC records...I wonder why.

Catvoca

Banned
It was a big hit in Australia which is probably why Kendrick did a brief arena tour there a couple days ago. I heard he opened the concert with For Free. This is what happens when everyone tells you you're brilliant.

Sounds like outside of Kunta the biggest audience responses were for GKMC records...I wonder why.

Because GKMC has more bangers you want to hear live? I don't really get the point you're making, is it just that you don't like TPAB? Because it was pretty huge and widely acclaimed so it's obvious most Kendrick fans love it . Admittedly For Free? isn't a great opener, but I don't see how opening with it shows how "This is what happens when everyone tells you you're brilliant".

Flatbush Zombies sold 28k first week! That's absolutely amazing for an indie release, 5.5 million streams too.

Majid Jordan couldn't crack 5k with a Drake feat

Ty Dolla $ign did 22k

Vince Staples did 13k

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Majid Jordan is a soundcloud act. They can get millions of plays on soundcloud and youtube, but they have the type of niche following that is not typically going to consume music by purchasing it, especially at retail. No surprise to see them sell so little, like quite a few other artists in a similar position.

It doesn't help that the album was pretty weak. Hold On, and a few tracks off A Place Like This EP showed potential, but none of that potential surfaced on the album. Just another nu-R&B act to blur in with the rest of the increasingly large crowd of nu-R&B acts.

OG Kush

Holy shit. Rest in peace brother. I'm actually a little distraught. ATCQ were the first hip hop group I got into and were hugely inspirational to me. Fuck man...

"I like 'em brown, yellow, Puerto Rican or Haitian / My name is Phife Dawg from the Zulu nation! ”

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I always thought it was odd that tip became the bigger star. Phife just had the kind of voice and flow that was calming and comforting. He could rap about the stupidest shit and make it sound fun. Tip and phife balanced each other perfectly, but phife was the reason tribe was so easy to listen to no matter who you were or what you musical tastes were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom