• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Sosa

Hi, any good, free 'conscious' tapes lately? Doesn't have to be super political or anything just anything other than drug dealing, trap rap or shooting people. Stuff like Shad or Skewby (whatever happened to that dude?)

Need something with a little more substance for my commute; I'm completely out of the loop honestly.

Thanks!

Brilliant, thx hrd!

HiResDes

Hi, any good, free 'conscious' tapes lately? Doesn't have to be super political or anything just anything other than drug dealing, trap rap or shooting people. Stuff like Shad or Skewby (whatever happened to that dude?)

Need something with a little more substance for my commute; I'm completely out of the loop honestly.

Thanks!
Didn't realize you said free, umm Daye Jack's Soul Glitch, Tut's Preacher Son, and Duckwrth's Nowhere

FZZ

Banned

sBUtxT4.png

Still upset he didn't expand a lot touring wise. Ridiculous.

Because he's not that popular and is largely a media creation. Media spends so much time telling people how great he is whereas I don't get the impression many people liked his album...

Even today he has 0 presence on radio. Radio isn't everything but when Swimming Pools is the only song getting play 4 years later...yeah. Apparently King Kunta was a huge hit in Australia which explains the tour dates there this week.

Because he's not that popular and is largely a media creation. Media spends so much time telling people how great he is whereas I don't get the impression many people liked his album...

Even today he has 0 presence on radio. Radio isn't everything but when Swimming Pools is the only song getting play 4 years later...yeah. Apparently King Kunta was a huge hit in Australia which explains the tour dates there this week.
http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/kendric...r-riaa-incorporates-streaming-news.19913.html

Seriously, when was the last time a big or semi noteworthy rapper released an album and didn't announce a tour? The only big tours Kendrick does are when he's opening for big artists (Drake, Kanye) or doing a festival...

He released a so called major important album and couldn't secure a tour. So he did a little mini "intimate" tour months later. Meanwhile Cole is selling out MSG.

Fjordson

Seriously, when was the last time a big or semi noteworthy rapper released an album and didn't announce a tour? The only big tours Kendrick does are when he's opening for big artists (Drake, Kanye) or doing a festival...

He released a so called major important album and couldn't secure a tour. So he did a little mini "intimate" tour months later. Meanwhile Cole is selling out MSG.
It is interesting about the tour stuff, and I'm no Kendrick fan personally, but still. I don't think he's merely a media creation. I know some pretty big Kendrick fans and I think his music genuinely resonates with a lot of people.

Kwixotik

TPAB wasn't really made for hit singles you can sing and dance to in your car. Doesn't mean the people don't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUC_DOhfzwQ

Koozek

Thanks!

Brilliant, thx hrd!

Bas - Too High To Riot
https://soundcloud.com/fiendbassy/sets/too-high-to-riot

hemsworth/tinashe show was lit. dude did a 30 minute set with missy elliot remixes, a hashishi-fied down in the dm mashup, new kanye, flames bankroll fresh mashup and some originals, among others. tinashe killed it too, live backing band was dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom