• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

Sensing some nice psychedelic vibes sporadically on this Flatbush Zombies but it's ultimately quite dull. Might give it a go again sometime soon.

Ninja Dom

Slime Season 3 coming real soon!!

Lyor Cohen speaks about "burying" Slime Season 3 and Be El Be indicates that release is imminent!!

KRdKS7AD.gif

OG Kush

Anyone have younger siblings getting into hip hop? My younger bro is 14 and he's on this UK Grime and Old-School hip hip tip. I love it. Like obviously he heard me and my older brother playing music in the car and in our rooms over the years, but I never really talked about it with my younger brother and he never asked questions.

In this internet age he's secretly been doing all the research him. I keep trying to impress him with facts about ATCQ, 2pac and biggie etc and he's just like yeh I already know. I'm recommending old hip hop albums and he's constantly replying "yeh i've already listened to it".

Makes me happy.

I ain't going to front it is hard to tell if he is trollin but sometimes you need to understand peeps have different opinions.

I think he's joking, ha ha.

I would be trolling if I said something like "Kanye West is awful!" and just run away. But I have to wonder if music just doesn't age well due to perception and exposure to a certain era. Like how I'm listening to Bone Thugs N. Harmony right now, E. 1999 Eternal, which is a classic but is probably dated to a lot of people, especially if you associate their music with a certain time, not to mention the copycats that kind of diluted their sound to the point where it's not really novel anymore.

Anyway, I think I'm going to have to listen to all of A$ap Rocky's material. This guy is really something else.

Detox

Eric B on the combat jack show

Dope interview, Eric B never does interviews so this was needed. Says he was the producer and Marley marl was just the engineer echoing similar things said by big daddy Kane. Also says a young Nas in the studio pushed the duo to aim for legendary status.

Koozek

No the other Yung Lean
Forgive me for double checking when hearing about a 16yo, Swedish Sadboy getting shot at in the US. This is what all the ignorant, violent Trap music is doing to you kids. You don't even bat an eye anymore at stories like this. I remember when Hip Hop was about positivity and love. I feel sorry for you. Nas was right in 2006.

Ninja Dom

Yung Lean, the best non-US trap star?

Album turned out to be quite boring really (Warlord). Great trap beats but YL just doesn't get excited about shit. No personality. 4/10.

Forgive me for double checking when hearing about a 16yo, Swedish Sadboy getting shot at in the US. This is what all the ignorant, violent Trap music is doing to you kids. You don't even bat an eye anymore at stories like this. I remember when Hip Hop was about positivity and love. I feel sorry for you. Nas was right in 2006.

I dunno, I think blaming the Trap Rap for violence is the wrong thing to do. Trap Rap is a great tool for artistic expression but like anything, as a tool it can be used either right or wrong.

I recently got the book "How To Rap"....and I actually started rapping yesterday! I'm ready to start rapping myself!

������

I know what this means....ha ha ha.

I'll be a better rapper....than my grandmother probably. Oh well, it's for fun.

Right now, I'm listening to Future, and I like his diversity. It sounds like nothing like the guy on Jump Out The Face.

j-wood

Oh man, just went into urban outfitters to look at records and they had 808s and Heartbreak in stock. 40 bucks but I don't care, bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom