• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

metro probably just added that same ass wack drum pattern he uses on every song.

I mean you say this but trust me if you pay attention to your favorite producer I promise they have a set drum pattern as well. Most big dudes have one or two they always they just swap sounds arround and the melody ofc. It's just more often apparent with trap because most of the time all they're changing is the melody/synths and hihats.

I mean you say this but trust me if you pay attention to your favorite producer I promise they have a set drum pattern as well. Most big dudes have one or two they always they just swap sounds arround and the melody ofc. It's just more often apparent with trap because most of the time all they're changing is the melody/synths and hihats.

Yup they may alter it a bit but once a producer or artist finds success in a particular sound they tend to stick to the formula.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think anyone that actually cares about who produced what thinks Metro gets "credit" for that beat.

Yeah, Metro got the producer tag at the front, but that's only because it fit in the best version of the song. Which is the other point, everyone knows it's a Ye song and I'm pretty sure a good proportion of people know that whatever the best contributions from multiple artists are, they make it into the final, and everyone gets producer credit. I don't see Lifted out here crying about Mike WiLL doing additional drums on his Mercy beat.

Like, I feel for Hudmo if this all stems from frustration with him not getting paid, which is 100% unacceptable no matter who is responsible, but if he's just mad about it being a meme then leave it alone bruh.

I mean yeah, I know. I just find Metro's sounds/beats very lackluster tbh

One of the reasons why I love Boi-1da is because he's incredibly versatile and has no real set sound,I mean yeah,you can hear his drum pattern in his songs but he definitely goes the extra mile to make his stuff extra special.

Vinylz and DJ Dahi are similar in that regard too. They always show up on big artists' record. Love their stuff.

With Metro I swear, maybe it's because he's producing so much, all his stuff is starting to sound the same. Like on Future's last couple projects ,Metro is immediately out shined by SouthSide, TM88, Nard & B etc. I don't think it's just because it's trap per say

I'm finding his stuff to be Mustard
onthebeatho
level boring

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Slime Season the Third is magnificent. I've been a Thug fan from the start, but he's come a long way since 1017 Thug and all the forgettable mix tapes that followed. Good to see him live up to his potential. 🙏💖

FwCyjym.png
thought i was about to judgemental cunt'd. This ain't bad, cudder.

HiResDes

Aside from Melle Mel and Bowfly I honestly don't fuck with that era of rap too heavy, but this is coming from guy who also doesn't like much classic hard rock. I have no problem admitting I have terrible taste. I just don't feel any real passion for this shit.

Elfen Lied is cool for what it is and because it was probably the first mature rated anime I ever saw it holds a special dark place in my heart.

Aside from Melle Mel and Bowfly I honestly don't fuck with that era of rap too heavy, but this is coming from guy who also doesn't like much classic hard rock. I have no problem admitting I have terrible taste. I just don't feel any real passion for this shit.

Elfen Lied is cool for what it is and because it was probably the first mature rated anime I ever saw it holds a special dark place in my heart.

Nah, Old School Rap is kind of irrelevant in these days and ages, anyway. There's sometimes too much of a reductionist thing when it comes to rap, in which older rap equals automatically better. People still think Nas and Slick Rick (!!!!!) is the untouchable rap story teller, but Kendrick Lamar has pretty much outdone all of those guys in terms of storytelling. Today's Rap falls victim to the whole "older is better" mentality.

I'm in agreement with Classic Rock, For what it's worth. AC/DC I can't stand (well somewhat, but it's funny how Nickelback they are as a whole), and don't get me started on the fucking Eagles...

I do like Prog Rock from the 70's though, but is that even Classic Hard Rock? Probably not.

Koozek

Care enough about Cudi to even give new songs a listen in 2016, brehs.

Favorite Old School Rap songs? As in 1977-1984 Old School Rap?
Not even during my dustiest time could I get into that era of rap. I can't even tell apart Big Daddy Kane, Eric B., Rakim etc. Though some of you educated me a bit last year (guess you could check those pages to see some of GAF-Hop's favorite 80's tracks):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1084726&page=244
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1084726&page=245

Hip-Hop started in the early 90's for me.

Fjordson

I agree with you. I don't feel too strongly for pre-90's hip-hop.

Of course there are exceptions. The Message is still a dope track, Kurtis Blow, etc.

I decided to give the latest Jedi Mind Tricks album a proper listen yesterday and it's pretty damn good. I'm not digging it as much as their older stuff, but Stoupe is as great as ever, and it's good to hear him on JMT tracks again. Vinnie slays it, as always. This verse in particular made me say damn:

Jedi Mind Tricks - No Jesus, No Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom