• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uahh

New Cudi. Is it good guys?

image.php

Ninja Dom

Lol I don't even think the majority of your gaming side fanclub knows you spend a good amount of time in gaf hop.

On another note I'm waiting for the yoshi island Avy to make comeback.

Nibel's back. He's been blessing Gaming side with the exclusives.

Are you watching Germany vs England right now? 1-0 to Germany, halftime.

Care enough about Cudi to even give new songs a listen in 2016, brehs.

Not even during my dustiest time could I get into that era of rap. I can't even tell apart Big Daddy Kane, Eric B., Rakim etc. Though some of you educated me a bit last year (guess you could check those pages to see some of GAF-Hop's favorite 80's tracks):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1084726&page=244
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1084726&page=245

Hip-Hop started in the early 90's for me.

Rakim is a genius in terms of flow and delivery, but I don't get why people think he's the best lyricists in all of rap history. Most of his stuff is about him bragging about how cool he is, which is fine but I think rap can be about more than just this. He changed the game though, and I think any serious Hip Hop Head can recognize that. Though this comment seems sort of contradictory due to the fact that he's my fourth favorite rapper of all time. Rakim along Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap are pretty much the groundwork for all of Hip-Hop's evolutions in terms of rhyme schemes, flow, and delivery.

But yes, it's nice to see that the notion that there isn't only one golden age acceptable to put above any other age. Unlike Metal, who think that Metallica is the only thing in Metal that matters.

FUCK METALLICA.

H1PSTER

Love Kendrick Lamar, Death Grips, Dr. Octagon and yeezus.

Could do with getting more into the genre, listened to some of last years "big releases" but what do you personally like? I'm okay with charts, websites etc but I like personal recommendations.

Could do with getting more into the genre, listened to some of last years "big releases" but what do you personally like? I'm okay with charts, websites etc but I like personal recommendations.

Deltron 3030, which I only mentioned because I'm listening to their debut album right now.

I remember saying I didn't like this album as much as others, but I'm really starting to like it more than I did before. I don't know if I'll raise my score to a 9/10, but we'll see.

Cheddahz

Banned

The Infamous by Mobb Deep
Illmatic by Nas
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye
Atliens by Outkast
The Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest
Reasonable Doubt by Jay Z
Me Against The World by 2Pac
Supreme Clientele by Ghostface Killah
Mos Def & Talib Kweli are Black Star by Black Star
Doggystyle by Snoop Dogg

From last year, Summertime '06 by Vince Staples was great.

Koozek

Watched this today. So good man, but it kinda took an unexpected turn near the end. If you any kind of hip-hop you should check it out.

Proxys don't work anymore on Netflix :( Really want to watch this. Organized Noize are some of my favorite producers.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Imperial is good. Maybe my top rap album of the year so far after SS3.

I like Denzel's aggressive, rapid-fire rapping style. I don't care if it's all he does. I listen to his music when I'm in the mood for that kind of shit, and he does it well. The production is great, more understated than the experimental double EP. But I do agree that he shouldn't sing choruses. The hooks can get a little grating. Enough to take away from some otherwise quality tracks. Overall, I'd give it a 👌👿🔫🔫🔫💣.

Imperial is good. Maybe my top rap album of the year so far after SS3.

I like Denzel's aggressive, rapid-fire rapping style. I don't care if it's all he does. I listen to his music when I'm in the mood for that kind of shit, and he does it well. The production is great, more understated than the experimental double EP. But I do agree that he shouldn't sing choruses. The hooks can get a little grating. Enough to take away from some otherwise quality tracks. Overall, I'd give it a 👌👿🔫🔫🔫💣.
Agreed, especially on the ratings.

ARK322

Neo Member
On the topic of the Metro/London discussion a page or two ago, I think each of them has ended up producing for the right artist. Metro's production is usually pretty dark, which suits Future well, while London's is more lavish and melodic which is a better fit for Thugger. While Metro and Thug are a good combo, I'd much rather hear a full London and Thug project at this point than MetroThuggin.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
On the topic of the Metro/London discussion a page or two ago, I think each of them has ended up producing for the right artist. Metro's production is usually pretty dark, which suits Future well, while London's is more lavish and melodic which is a better fit for Thugger. While Metro and Thug are a good combo, I'd much rather hear a full London and Thug project at this point than MetroThuggin.

This Metro Boomin produced Ty Dolla $ track is really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeFFyHATbbY

From the deluxe edition of Free TC that released a week ago.

Fjordson

Okay I was cool on the other OVO artists but I'm digging the dvsn album so far.
I think it's pretty damn good. Better than the Majid Jordan album for sure imo.

I just hope he can keep it going. As has been discussed in here before, OVO is a weird label for non-Drake artists.

HiiiLife

I think it's pretty damn good. Better than the Majid Jordan album for sure imo.

I just hope he can keep it going. As has been discussed in here before, OVO is a weird label for non-Drake artists.

I like the whole gospel choir vibe he has going on this. Agree on the Majid statement. I just couldn't get into them or PND aside from a couple drake feats. This is solid though.

Hip Hop

1988, so it's somewhat close but this is one of my all time favorite hip hop songs and music videos. Amazing how it was made and produced in 1988. No cuss words either IIRC.

Biz Markie - Vapors

While on topic of NY hip hop this new A$AP Ferg *phew*

Absolutely can not wait for the album, the songs have all been straight!

I hope Tatted Angels makes the cut too, one of my fav tracks from last year.

https://soundcloud.com/asapferg/tatted-angel-full-w-second-verse

Fjordson

I like the whole gospel choir vibe he has going on this. Agree on the Majid statement. I just couldn't get into them or PND aside from a couple drake feats. This is solid though.
Majid is talented it seems. Their aesthetic can be pretty nice and I loved their EP. They also did Hold On, We're Going Home apparently which is a great pop track. But as far as crafting an album, eh.

And yeah, the choir stuff is dope. Too Deep has some of that, might be my favourite track on the dvsn. Reminds me a bit of 90's Ginuwine or something.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Majid is talented it seems. Their aesthetic can be pretty nice and I loved their EP. They also did Hold On, We're Going Home apparently which is a great pop track. But as far as crafting an album, eh.

And yeah, the choir stuff is dope. Too Deep has some of that, might be my favourite track on the dvsn. Reminds me a bit of 90's Ginuwine or something.
Damn, hearing about gospel choirs and Ginuwine got me wanting to check this out.

Yeah, I agree fully London IMO brings the best of Young Thug and ditto to Future and Metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom