• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Dom

Haven't listened to it yet, but apparently Q-tip celebrated Phife on some radio show he did yesterday by playing 2 hours of rare and unrealised A Tribe Called Quest songs. He also had some people call in and say how important ATCQ was to them, like Andre 3000, Kendrick and Chuck D. http://ambrosiaforheads.com/2016/03...est-recordings-to-celebrate-phife-dawg-audio/

Here's the Apple Music link to the whole show.

Listen to Ep 30-Abstract Radio on @AppleMusic.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/post/idsa.6f7197d2-f44e-11e5-ba34-68c8b073a9d8

Dereck

CemgcpdWAAEarIn.jpg
What is that on her nose

CoolOff

Man, SS3 might be the project to finally sell me on Thugger.

Just like EVOL did with Future.

Always late to the party brehs.

Koozek

Barter 6 (was in my Top 3 AOTY) + the huge leak batch (of which most ended up being used on the Slime Season tapes) made up half of my listening time last year.

I was a fan before all you were.

T Dollarz

Been a fan of Thugger's since 1017 Thug.

I didn't like Barter 6 when it first dropped, but later last year I REALLY got into it. Now it's no doubt my favorite project from him. Just so many levels to it.

Barter 6 > SS1 > SS3 > SS2 > 1017 Thug > I'm Up

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Slime Season 3 sounds the most album-ish of them all, which is cool, but nothing is really sticking out to me.

All of the Slime Seasons are a far cry from Barter 6 for that reason specifically IMO.

HiResDes

Ss2 the most underrated thugga collection and net wrecker was super spot on about Wheezy as he brings out the most wavy thugga sound

HiResDes

Man I was bumping Milli Vanilli in my whip the other day and something hit me like these dudes is fake. They make great music but something seems so forced about them.

Man I was bumping Milli Vanilli in my whip the other day and something hit me like these dudes is fake. They make great music but something seems so forced about them.

I want to believe this is a true story...

Speaking of 80's music, Wham! Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go is the best song ever of its kind.

How do you like Skee-Lo's first album? Never heard anyone talk about it and I admit it could be considered corny, but it has some really laid-back, light-hearted tracks:
https://play.spotify.com/album/34hLOvajp6WQOGlt6CNLSA

My brother listened to it back in the days and I loved it as a little kid.

I Googled him....it's alright. Never heard of him until now...ha ha.

Evol is such a mediocre project too, seriously Purple Reign shits on it.

I like the melodic tracks on it like Seven Rings (SOTY) and Low Life. But most of the trap songs on it feel rather stale. Not bad because I like the album...but I feel like I heard better versions of the harder tracks on Purple Reign.

studyguy

Jeezy's fucking teeth fell out during a show I guess... lmao
Jeezy_Teeth1.jpg

Also taking SS3 to the slopes when I hit mammoth in a week. Building up another playlist now.

Jay Sosa

So I listened to Vanilla Ice's debut.....

What the fuck? Corny doesn't even begin to describe his music.

Well..what did you expect?

Anyway, thanks hrd for the tapes you recommended, good stuff. Is there any blog/site that focuses on underground/lyrical stuff? I hate always having to browse through so much generic trap rap (or whatever is popular at that time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom