• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take that. Glad Kendrick isn't on it.

Wonder what Cole thinks about Jay going out his way to work with Drake and chill with Kendrick while giving him no looks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drake/Ye/Jay song would be super weird considering recent history between Jay and Drake, but I don't rule it as impossible because if we know anything about Jay it's always in his best interest to jump on projects he knows will be big.

As for DDot, I'm surprised he hasn't been blackballed after leaking WTT and burning those bridges. Dunno whether to trust him, especially when OVOSound is a few days away anyways and tomorrow is April Fools.

Courage

Tlop on spotify

yGr4Ueb.gif

mooooose

ferg first album was wack it had cohesive production and great features but everyone who liked it was a bandwagoner who inexplicably liked it and said unexpectedly good

everything off this one sounds better because ferg isnt just rapping every other verse about asap mob members

Hip Hop

This might the best song out of it so far tbh. Not really a Big Sean fan, but he went in on this

beat is also something else.

IrishNinja

Ninja Dom

I completely avoided all the news/controversy on TLOP when it released and I never listened to it cos it was a Tidal exclusive.

Now it's on Apple Music I've finally listened to it. And it's fucking decent.

What's the story with Panda chorus appearing in Pt 2?

Eos

I completely avoided all the news/controversy on TLOP when it released and I never listened to it cos it was a Tidal exclusive.

Now it's on Apple Music I've finally listened to it. And it's fucking decent.

What's the story with Panda chorus appearing in Pt 2?

pusha signed him to good music so he needed some spotlight

PBY

Banned
pusha signed him to good music so he needed some spotlight

I've heard people say this... But I think it definitely is the reverse.

Kanye wanted to sample that song for his album, and was like fuckit, just sign the dude.

Cheddahz

Banned
ferg first album was wack it had cohesive production and great features but everyone who liked it was a bandwagoner who inexplicably liked it and said unexpectedly good

everything off this one sounds better because ferg isnt just rapping every other verse about asap mob members

agree with everything in this post

enjoyed ferg forever much more than trap lord and i've been really liking everything off this album (so far)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

agree with everything in this post

except the Q verse is the only thing I've liked thus far from Ferg. If we're talking his raps, at the end of the day they're not significantly more interesting now. At least he had some punchy quotables/hooks on his debut. I FUCKED YO BITCH, N***A

Kanye wanted to sample that song for his album, and was like fuckit, just sign the dude.
Definitely this, the song was already gaining momentum (and he did a mini press tour because dude was doing soundcloud numbers, like 2 milli in 2 weeks or something).

PBY

Banned
Definitely this, the song was already gaining momentum (and he did a mini press tour because dude was doing soundcloud numbers, like 2 milli in 2 weeks or something).

Yeah lol, its not like GOOD music does anything really for their artists. I wonder if Desiigner met Kanye outside of that one studio session lol, if that.

edit: forreal tho, yall need to listen to this adamn killa tape.

PBY

Banned
I'm going to give this a fair listen, but I'm over the mumble flow sound. I do my absolute best not to let that interfere with my judgement of the music overall. I just want more authentic natural flows; so many mumbles seem forced, unnatural, and uninspired.

This guy is excellent at it though. And he got a fucking Shlohmo beat.

Adamn Superstar reminds me of prime Chief Keef, when dude was just FLOATING over beats.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah lol, its not like GOOD music does anything really for their artists. I wonder if Desiigner met Kanye outside of that one studio session lol, if that.
They do quite a bit, definitely better off than pretty much any other label save for maybe Roc Nation (because of their top notch management). Every other person Ye has signed as a muse or to assist with a specific album process has reached some relative success, even Mr. Hudson and Teyana Taylor. Can't make a superstar every time, but very few were flashes in a hot pan.

Desiigner is destined to fail though, it's gonna take a miracle for him not to. Definitely think he's the worst GOOD signee of all time by every metric.

This latest batch in general is really questionable in terms of potential and their resumes beforehand. HXLT? Desiigner? Kacy Hill? Charlie Heat? Can't even just blame Pusha for all of this because he came on recently.

PBY

Banned
They do quite a bit, definitely better off than pretty much any other label save for maybe Roc Nation (because of their top notch management). Every other person Ye has signed as a muse or to assist with a specific album process has reached some relative success, even Mr. Hudson and Teyana Taylor. Can't make a superstar every time, but very few were flashes in a hot pan.

Desiigner is destined to fail though, it's gonna take a miracle for him not to. Definitely think he's the worst GOOD signee of all time by every metric.

This latest batch in general is really questionable in terms of potential and their resumes beforehand. HXLT? Desiigner? Kacy Hill? Charlie Heat? Can't even just blame Pusha for all of this because he came on recently.

Are any of those worse that a dude like Cyhi tho? They just churn and burn artists, kind of like OVO; main dudes sign these guys for features, etc.

i never thought about it that way but you're probably right.

probably paid him with a sandwich and the illusion of being pushed by kanye west and pusha t for the sample lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom