• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Holy shit....this is damn good.

I didn't know that the album was remixed to this effect....I'm going to have to listen to this album. Remixing albums are always sort of eh to me.
Yeah, it's not bad. Like the song "Raid" is remixed and god damn, the new beat that is used is incredible. I would definitely check it out.

https://j-zone.bandcamp.com/album/fish-n-grits

TzBcrox.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pop Style is dope because it's not what you'd expect from those names, plus the beat is ace with those robotic effects int he back. Prime cooking music, but the highlight is the beat for sure. I partially agree with Peter. I think either this is going to fizzle on subsequent listens or just get better.

Summer Sixteen was meh from when it dropped, still don't understand the reaction that song got upon release. People dead ass were saying that shit had quotables too lmao There's virtually nothing that stands out from that song with that lackadaisical flow. The second half's beat is dope but Drake doesn't do it justice.

One Dance and Controlla are decent but kind of bite-y. I kind of want to hear the reference for Controlla specifically. I think that's all we've heard thus far?

Just seems like a mess of different sounds thus far, which also comes across with 40 saying they just want to do just a rap album but have to kind of appeal to all audiences. Then again, I always feel like I want another Take Care or an album full of 5AM in Torontos from dude.

Syntsui

I'm liking these tropicalia hits Drake's been releasing, it's a nice change of pace from him, One Dance will be a huge hit, Controlla might be too. Pop Style though is kind of meh, it might grow with future listens, but I don't see anything special on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom