• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

I honestly can't understand why so many here would even take their time to check out a new Royce album. What is wrong with some of you.

Guys, the Speakerboxxx is really solid and sounds ahead of its time.

Also, it's Big Boi's first solo album, kind of forgot about that.
Yeah, definitely underrated. I've always given Love Below the most attention (personal all-time Top 3), but years later I started spinning Speakerboxxx more.
--

This Azizi album, man. Will end up in this year's Top 10, I'm sure.

We still have I, Phantom though breh
francis.png

Speaking of samples. I was listening to Sufjan Stevens' 'Age of Adz' last night and there's a song called 'Vesuvius' on it that I feel was heavily samples in a hip hop song.

Just can't seem to remember. Maybe Kanye? I know TPAB sampled Age of Adz too but that's not what I'm thinking of.

Koozek

Speaking of samples. I was listening to Sufjan Stevens' 'Age of Adz' last night and there's a song called 'Vesuvius' on it that I feel was heavily samples in a hip hop song.

Just can't seem to remember. Maybe Kanye? I know TPAB sampled Age of Adz too but that's not what I'm thinking of.

Sounds like the melody of Get Lucky, lol. Also Mac Miller sampled it on Donald Trump (the irony).

Eos

mac miller - donald trump

overcast

HiResDes

Okay, now I'm having doubts about this album.

The Skrillex joint and now this.

I hope it doesn't turn out like Trap Lord, where that record had good joints, but a lot on the album was skippable.

As long as it's not a total disappointment I guess.
What are you talking it's not even gonna touch Trap Lord in quality...Ferg might not ever strike that degree of quality again.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
What's special about Uzi? I listened through some of his album on apple music and it sounded pretty generic. Just like any other atl trap artist on soundcloud, only with some notable producers backing him up like Metro. But even then, why listen when we have Future and Thug are cranking out so much good music? But maybe I've been missing something.

Eos

What's special about Uzi? I listened through some of his album on apple music and it sounded pretty generic. Just like any other atl trap artist on soundcloud, only with some notable producers backing him up like Metro. But even then, why listen when we have Future and Thug are cranking out so much good music? But maybe I've been missing something.

he's like a lite version of thug/travis
you can love future and thug's music but still enjoy other similar artists, even if they're not as good

All sorts. Not really big on the metal community here to be honest(no hate though). I just do drive by posts here to remind PD that I'm not banned, but he is.

Nice. I'm pretty lenient and open with Metal, love all of it except Nu and Glam (fuck Glam Metal in particular. Diluted, wimpy, pathetic shit). Metal core/Death core is pretty eh for me. I love Death, Thrash, Prog, Black, Doom, and Traditional Metal the most, though. I'm eh when it comes to -Core, but I don't hate all of it like other Metal fans do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom