• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_n85tmcuxjm1slclp6o1_500.gif

Low key best part of Azizi Gibson's album are those Mario triple jump ad-libs on whatever track that is. Has he done that before?

We need to include "Ad-lib of the year" on the year end form.

EDIT: This right here. so dumb lmao

this sounds like it belongs on trainspotting soundtrack. very nice and low-fi 90s sound.

desiigner is fucking shiiiiiiiit. that video of him puking is a gag reflex to performing that tired ass song again.

azizi gibson super mario ad-libs are pretty good for sure.

ramriddlz is on that 2013-14 riff raff tier. somebody who you would assume is a clown, and he is, but is pumping out some a-tier vibes. i hope he keeps it up.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Is RTJ and RTJ 2 better than R.A.P. Music?

They are all great, as is Cancer 4 Cure. People hate El-P cause Gaf Hop hates white rappers.

This fuckery last page with people turning on RTJ is all the evidence we need that this thread needs a hard reboot.

And I am surprised Des hates Anderson Paak, I thought his album was fantastic, and Des has always been able to appreciate most great music.

Oh and desiigner exists to make Future look less garbage tier as a rapper. Thats the circle of hip hop life. Shitty artist is then followed by shittier artist that makes you appreciate the old shitty artist while you drown in shit. Shit.
See: everyone who followed Gucci Mane with that grunty no flow I love ignorance style. At this point Gucci looks like a fucking all star next to everything that has come since.

OG Kush

Don't worry, us Londoners say it all the time, mate.

It's seen a recent uptick in the last year or so and yeah, I'm not a fan.

Yeh, West Indian slang has been part of British slang for over 25 years now (via a lot of 'yardies' immigrating to the UK). Not saying we have any more of a right to use it than Canadians, but recent uptake in Canadians saying just seems forced to me. I may be wrong though as I don't live in Canada and the uptake of West Indian slang might actually be a completely natural,and unforced, for the direction the youth culture of Canada is heading.

Yeh, West Indian slang has been part of British slang for over 25 years now (via a lot of 'yardies' immigrating to the UK). Not saying we have any more of a right to use it than Canadians, but recent uptake in Canadians saying just seems forced to me. I may be wrong though as I don't live in Canada and the uptake of West Indian slang might actually be a completely natural,and unforced, for the direction the youth culture of Canada is heading.

It's just as much Torontos right as UK's considering both of have a pretty big carribean population

They got the slang from them

Also blame the 6God for making it more popular among his children

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That's hilarious and El-P is great Siddx, don't listen to the souljas

Glad to see some sanity remains in this cold and desolate hellscape, it's surface awash with the shambling undead who have invaded this once sacred land.

mooooose

anderson paak sounds homogenized and is lame as fuck

no reason to turn on rtj because their fans suck

that azizi gibson track is funny af

PBY

Banned
he's got AOTY imo

Damn, I envy you, Paak live must be heavenly.
Honestly wasn't a fan of his album, but I need a relisten after the live show. He's highkey one of the most amazing live rap shows. He has a full band, super crazy breath control (word to the gawd PD), and just overall great vibe. He brought out TI which was cool too.
Dope, what other shows were you able to catch?

Highlights for me were LCD SS, Disclosure, Courtney Barnett, Death Grips, ASAP Rocky (who brought out Kanye), and Baauer.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Waka Flocka Flame - Real Friends (Remix). This is decent.

iLoveMacaroni ft. Lil B - Can't Let It Go. Apparently they're going on tour together later this year.

Dean with Desiigner on some new shit

https://instagram.com/p/BEXyZh3yEu3/
Sounds like it's going to be great. GOOD production team the GOAT.

Forced is exactly the word I'd use to describe it, and part of why it feels that way is it is from the UK.

BlackJace

Super impressed by Azizi Gibson's new joint. Varied flow and production, neat ad-libs as well.
Standout tracks for me are Matrix Slave Ship, A Reaper's Tears, DJ Khaled (lawd), and Youth (good lawd)

Cheddahz

Banned

DJ Dodger Stadium - Sit Down
D33J - Final Gaze
Chainless - Gaia’s Chant
Tim Hecker - The Piano Drop
Actress - Shadow From Tartarus
The Cable Guy - Theme for Juice Jackal
Purple - Secretly
HNRK - untitled
Shlohmo - Ten Days of Falling (Baauer Remix)
GRXGVR - VARGTIMMEN
Purple - Our Fingers Crossed
Shlohmo - Apathy (feat. D33J)
FIFTY GRAND - Someday, You’ll Have To Answer Them
PRAYER - Hope
Suicideyear - Soad
Blushed - Losing My Mind
glxy - 3AM
Baauer - Church

Fjordson

ramriddlz is on that 2013-14 riff raff tier. somebody who you would assume is a clown, and he is, but is pumping out some a-tier vibes. i hope he keeps it up.
That description is so on point lol. He's goofy as fuck, but I can't help playing both his tapes a bunch. Especially Venis.

Low key best part of Azizi Gibson's album are those Mario triple jump ad-libs on whatever track that is. Has he done that before?

We need to include "Ad-lib of the year" on the year end form.

EDIT: This right here. so dumb lmao
That's damn good. The ad-libs and the track in general.

Dereck

I get the feeling RTJ3 is gonna be really political and corny.

Just a waste of beats that Thugga could use, I feel ya!

SCUST at the thought of thugga flowing over these beats.

They work for RTJ, but keep them away from my long dick brethren.

Imagine listening to the Pacifier beat before Thugga blessing it. Don't you ever underestimate a god.

This... is actually a good point. I stand corrected/open to weirder thugga.
Y'all stupid

SCUST at the thought of thugga flowing over these beats.

They work for RTJ, but keep them away from my long dick brethren.

There's little melody to El-p. His production sounds static and dead. I wouldn't want to hear Thugger over those beats, just like I wouldn't want to hear him over DJ Premier. Different styles.

I'd rather hear Thugger over versatile producers who have grown musically.

HarryKS

I just discovered that Denzel Curry dude.

Damn!

I don't even listen to hip-hop/rap.

Surprises me how much I like trap music even though I don't know what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom