• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn this is fire. Is this the single for Birds In The Trap Sing McKnight or was that always just the name of a song?

I guess that phrase is in there a couple times but I've also heard it called Pick Up The Phone, not sure what the actual title is. XXL said there are rumors Cashmere Cat was involved in the production, I can kinda hear it but this needs to be officially released already.

illadelph

tumblr_m81g1vifiS1rap99ho1_500.gif

hyyyppee for his album

overcast

So that new Ferg is supposedly legendary trash eh?
Highlights for me were LCD SS, Disclosure, Courtney Barnett, Death Grips, ASAP Rocky (who brought out Kanye), and Baauer.
LCD is a must see for me when I hit FYF this year (all time favorite). Missed Courtney Barnett unfortunately. Just saw Savages/Death Grips last night, fucking wild show. I was in the pit, murderous mosh pits.
Ooh.. this is pretty nice.
A$AP Ferg - FLEM. when a song you made in the last few days is better than everything you've worked on for months for your album lmao
Can't imagine this getting a lot of play from me, it's good though.
http://audiojams.net/track/post-malone---go-flex-39

Post Malone single

Pretty sure if this gets push/radio burn, this will be the anthem of the summer
This sucksssss.

Eos

http://audiojams.net/track/post-malone---go-flex-39

Post Malone single

Pretty sure if this gets push/radio burn, this will be the anthem of the summer
shit is chill... not as good as too young or white iverson but still dig it

keep that
Haven't heard the album yet, but this guy goes in.
holy fuck, dude went IN LOL
haven't listened to the album yet but everyone's responses about it have pretty much killed my hype... sounds like the album is full of fucking hungry ham type songs
Man I've been bumping Shadow of a Doubt again lately and it's insane how it just seems to keep getting better to me, I think it might end up being Freddie's most replayable album.
yeah it's my favourite album from freddie. forever and a day wheww
https://vimeo.com/163064829

Live audio of the La Flame/Thugger/Quavo song there've been snippets of, I need the cdq version asap.
fire
I wonder if this is gonna be on trav's next project or thug's

no

IrishNinja

Y'all stupid

lil early for the OT XVI subtitle but it works

I don't get what separates some of Killer Mike's tin-foil raps from the likes of Ab-Soul and Lupe Fiasco. He's flow, technique, and delivery are all ridiculously sound but I've never understood the profound love for RAP Music. I don't really find much depth in him lyrically or think he's coming from any place original whereas El-P's randomness and inner dialogue has stood the test of time better for me.I hear a lot of KRS-One in Mike, which is a definite compliment in many ways, but not in terms of the pedantic nature of his raps.

mike does social commentary no doubt, and mebbe its the dungeon family ties/flow/accent or something but its never really corny for me, which is saying a lot cause Mos was a fantastic MC and even he got corny
like, i dug his shit on crown, for instance...flab and lupe both lack any of that charisma

Oh it still has the same faults for sure, but RAP Music seems like it has fewer departures from the preaching. People worried about RTJ3 having corny ass politics must not have been listening to Mike for the past 10 years...It's not a worry it's all but confirmed

sure, but reagan for example is a far cry from talib telling me the merits of childbirth in your home tub, you know
look if he has a fucking bernie PSA on there ill own up to the L holding

droppin jewels on ya melon

IrishNinja

yeah, it's a shame, but i thought his last response was classy enough

To the Students at George Washington University and the public at large:

I’m writing this letter to hopefully bring clarity to some misconceptions about who I am as an artist and as a person. It has become clear to me that things have reached a point which makes me feel the need to address the issues raised so that we can bring some understanding and healing to the table, so to speak. I can’t continue to walk around with the thought that people are thinking these things about me that are far from who I really am.

Five years ago in 2011, I wrote a song called "Consensual Rape" that admittedly contains lyrics and a general sentiment of violence towards woman which I never meant to represent who I am but rather to depict a story. I approach my music as other types of artists approach their work, and I don’t always intend the stories that I tell, the characters that I play in them or the lyrics I lay down to be taken literally. The songs I make aren’t any different than a director creating a movie, or an author writing a book meaning they contain scenes or things happen in them that aren’t meant to be anything but an artistic expression- just a song, a book or a film. I’ve never performed "Consensual Rape" at a concert, and I don’t plan to.

Regardless, I understand that when it comes to musicians, and more specifically rappers, the lyrics I say are taken to heart many times as a representation of my beliefs or true feelings. SO please let me make this very clear: I think rape and acts of violence toward woman are DISGUSTING. I would never condone anything remotely close to that type of behavior, and it’s certainly not what I’m about at all. But, the song in question has caused people discomfort and pain and I’m sincerely sorry about it. It was not my intention to hurt people when I made it years ago, and I certainly will be much more sensitive on this matter moving ahead.

Similarly, there has been some attention placed on a insensitive Instagram post I made years ago regarding me inappropriately labelling someone as transexual and being disrespectful to them in a way that is not ok. I have sat with members of the LGBT community recently in an effort to understand how to avoid being hurtful and insensitive towards these issues moving forward. I have never had any issues with anyone’s sexual orientation or gender transitioning. I’m far, far from perfect and I recognize my flaws and I’m making an effort to grow and be a better human.

Thanks for reading this.

-Action Bronson

what an era - eminem must be happy to be done, and tyler to be irrelevant. i can't imagine a gravediggaz type effort right now.

Hip Hop

this generation man, it's getting out of hand. I wonder when schools will have the balls to not cave to this ridiculous shit.

Hey guys. I don't really visit this thread all too often but I've been on a big Bones + Spaceghostpurrp kick lately and was wondering what other artists are doing this sort of thick atmospheric, triple six mafia/bone thugs-inspired sound. I'm aware of all the Raider Klan and Team Sesh guys and A$AP of course. Just wondering if there's anyone I'm sleeping on atm. Lmk plz.

Eos

Hey guys. I don't really visit this thread all too often but I've been on a big Bones + Spaceghostpurrp kick lately and was wondering what other artists are doing this sort of thick atmospheric, triple six mafia/bone thugs-inspired sound. I'm aware of all the Raider Klan and Team Sesh guys and A$AP of course. Just wondering if there's anyone I'm sleeping on atm. Lmk plz.
Robb bank$
Main attrakionz

New Ferg is so-so. I still bump New Level and Let It Bang on the regular but the rest of the album hasn't grabbed me like that. Some decent stuff like Psycho, the Skrillex song is straight basura tho.

PBY

Banned
New Ferg is so-so. I still bump New Level and Let It Bang on the regular but the rest of the album hasn't grabbed me like that. Some decent stuff like Psycho, the Skrillex song is straight basura tho.

Gave it another spin now that its streaming - find that this album actively grates on me. Like its hard for me to get thru this without skipping over half the trakcs.

Tokubetsu

goth money records/black kray
https://soundcloud.com/breakworldrecs/hell-is-you-doin-1
https://soundcloud.com/blackkray/black-kray-aka-sickboyrari-bby-cash-out-yount-prod-by-f1lthy

Dereck

It's FIRE.

And interestingly, people are kind of making Oneohtrix Point Never inspired tracks.

OPN outchea popularizing a new movement.

Lee Scott - NVR MND

"My turn i don't give a __ if you hear me
this is for the lowdown dwellers of the dirty Mersey
on the road to hell playing curby"

Yessss.

Chemo laced Lee Scott. You lot might not care but this is a time for me, a wonderful time.

New Remus is fiya aswell

Ooooh shit! In for this, Andy Stott's incredible. That reminds me.

If anyone remembers this record from '12 they've released the first single from their new album "Tooth" due out in june. I imagine one or two of you may be interested.

Raime - Dead Heat

Aesop as well, what a day.

HiResDes

If any of you fuck with electronic music please send me tracks you've been playing lately

What Dereck said also

Babyfather - BBF (FAV TRACK ~ SHOOK/MOTIVATION)
SHALT - Acheron (FAV TRACK ~ ACHERON)
Leon Vynehall - Rojus (FAV TRACK ~ Blush)
Jameszoo - Fool (FAV TRACK ~ Flu)
Basic Rhythm - Raw Trax (FAV TRACK ~ Get Dark)
Memotone - Chime Hours (FAV TRACK ~ You Saw the Future)
Gobby - No Mercy Bad Poet (FAV TRACK ~ Anti-Meme)
The Field - Follower (FAV TRACK ~ Pink Sun)
Tim Hecker - Love Streams (FAV TRACK ~ Black Phase)
The Range - Potential (FAV TRACK ~ Florida)
Baauer - Aa (FAV TRACK ~ Kung Fu)
Kyle Hall - From Joy (FAV TRACK ~ Strut Garden)
Ital Tek - Hollowed (FAV TRACK ~ Aquamarine)
Sei A - Space in Your Mind (FAV TRACK ~ Ancestors)
D.K. - Island of Dreams (FAV Track ~Raindrops)
Throwing Snow - Axioms (FAV TRACK ~ Lumen)

Also guys Bankroll Mafia is out there

...I don't listen to random tracks as much, rather listen to full project. And as good as rap has been this year it definitely pales in comparison to electronic music for me this year if I'm being totally honest. Above probably captures about 60 percent of what I've been into this year in electronic music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom