• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

vheiVi.gif

As likely the biggest Aesop fan on this board - I have zero excitement for 'The Impossible Kid'. Ace is growing into something I can scarcely appreciate. I understand the growth, I wish him all the best, and I'll continue to support him: but I doubt I'll continue to enjoy his output.

He's getting too sentimental and is bordering emo territory for me.

Still, I hope it works out for him.

Dereck

As likely the biggest Aesop fan on this board - I have zero excitement for 'The Impossible Kid'. Ace is growing into something I can scarcely appreciate. I understand the growth, I wish him all the best, and I'll continue to support him: but I doubt I'll continue to enjoy his output.

He's getting too sentimental and is bordering emo territory for me.

Still, I hope it works out for him.
How do you feel about that Hail Mary Malon that dropped last year

Syntsui

lol.

As far as fad goes, at least Fetty Wack had a couple of hits blowing up at the same time and quickly released an album.

Desiigner is wasting too much time right now and abusing his luck. He won't last until June without another hit. Hell, release a fucking mixtape at least, anything.

How do you feel about that Hail Mary Malon that dropped last year

I'm assuming you mean 'Bestiary' which dropped in 2014.

Yeah, it's dope. Doper than AUGET. I love HMM because Rob and Ace clearly have fun doing the music and they pull from a lot of Golden Era influences in terms of samples, rap styles, and pure tone that show it.

I'll probably be looking forward to Aesop collabs more than his solo outings going forward. He seems less hamstrung by his regretful decision to become a rap artist when he's on a track with someone else.

Thankfully, he's supposed to have a lot of collabs coming up and a new HMM is supposed to be one of them.

Dereck

I'm assuming you mean 'Bestiary' which dropped in 2014.

Yeah, it's dope. Doper than AUGET. I love HMM because Rob and Ace clearly have fun doing the music and they pull from a lot of Golden Era influences in terms of samples, rap styles, and pure tone that show it.

I'll probably be looking forward to Aesop collabs more than his solo outings going forward. He seems less hamstrung by his regretful decision to become a rap artist when he's on a track with someone else.

Thankfully, he's supposed to have a lot of collabs coming up and a new HMM is supposed to be one of them.
I just listened to The Impossible Kid and I'm not sure about what you mean by the too setimental/emo thing, or if that comment was referring to a different album.

I can only judge the album by the singles he's released thus far and the solo stuff unrelated to the album that's recent (such as the "Untouchable" freestyle).

I have so little anticipation for the album that have no problem waiting for it's official release at the end of the week. I'd be happy to be wrong about it. I'm sure it's going to have a few tracks I love that deviate from the trend I'm perceiving. But I feel the three tracks I've referred to definitely fit the description of sentimental, at least.

IrishNinja

pop shit then apologize later brehs

we knew he'd sober up eventually, but then he's gonna realize no one cares again and start back to drinking
it's a vicious cycle

Underrated post

agreed

Niggas Wit Attitude

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

Witty Unpredictable Talent And Natural Game

these are good

Gift Unlimited, Rhymes Universal
Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone

Kanye won

put out his first stinker yet, waiting on this TG16 to see if he rights the ship fam

history is still waiting on this event to take place

Hip Hop

Desiigner is wasting too much time right now and abusing his luck. He won't last until June without another hit. Hell, release a fucking mixtape at least, anything.

I don't know, that strategy worked out for Post Malone for months, almost a year even. I think he can keep this train going for a little while, especially at the peak it's in right now. The problem will be finding something that could have impact.

PBY

Banned
I don't know, that strategy worked out for Post Malone for months, almost a year even. I think he can keep this train going for a little while, especially at the peak it's in right now. The problem will be finding something that could have impact.

I feel like thats the problem. Anything else that Desiigner puts out is gonna be a flop. Do people even know who he is? All I hear is Panda and Panda guy.

overcast

Panda is now #1

Ead to all the haters
Holy shit lmfao. Would have never seen this coming.
And to everyone bitching about the new Drake cover. It's not for you. It's for us.
Views cover art is dope.
SSSSIIIIX!
Views cover is great because it showcases a symbol of Toronto on it and it's supposed to be an album for Toronto
I mean it just looks like shit. It's not a tough concept to get or anything. Whack looking cover that could have been a similar concept done much better.

But we're here for the music.

Ninja Dom

Hold on guys, what is the final track on the EVOL (Future) album? I've just looked at it and found that there has been a track "added" called Wicked. I never had that song on EVOL previously - it appears on Purple Reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom