• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewonandonly

ChGH0FiVEAAl6mH.jpg
Does it mean I'm out of touch if I don't know any of the people on here :O

Koozek

All right so I've really never gotten fully into rap but I've started lisening to a lot of new rap artist the last six months and I'm coming in hot with rap.

Guys give me some recommendations for me if I fucking love Danny brown.

Also the new a$ap Ferg album was preety fire specially physco

Azizi Gibson - A New Life
https://soundcloud.com/azizigibson/sets/a-new-life

Denzel Curry - Imperial
https://soundcloud.com/denzelcurryph/sets/imperial-ii

Freddie Gibson - Shadow of a Doubt
https://play.spotify.com/album/41zRghNRGMG6l8dYtRp3iI

Bas - Too High Too Riot
https://play.spotify.com/album/0ZefXiqLPDpA7AuldREt1u

Michael Christmas - What A Weird Day
https://soundcloud.com/michaelchristmas/sets/what-a-weird-day

Horrible graphics! I can't speak for the rappers themselves; I'll have to listen. Someone noted them sounding the same, which is one of my biggest gripes. Sometimes I'm engaged with a rapper partially because of their voice; Nipsey Hussle and Kevin Gates come to mind. I swear rappers from the District (Washington, DC) have taken on this southern rap sound and flow and it's bothersome. Originally matters, if not in your voice then at least have some in your lyrical content.

Detox

Young Guru on Juan Ep

What is there to say about this?! Guru came up to the Upper West last night and we did two hours of talk about everrrrrrything. He talked D-Dot, Chucky Thompson, Puff, Hov, Bleek, Just, Kanye, and stories upon stories. You’re welcome!

Haven't listened but Young Guru always drops knowledge in his interviews so it should be dope.

HiResDes

I can't believe I actually fuck with Impossible Kid. And I vaguely remember liking Skelethon too, I used to really dislike this mouth-full-of-donuts rappity ass rapper.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Best XXL cover in a minute in terms of whos popping right now.
Exact opposite. Dreezy was supposed to be a thing years ago and most of these dudes haven't made a dent outside of the Atlanta soup. We gonna go ahead and say these dudes are more poppin' than Fetty, Chance, Q, Future, Kendrick, Cole, etc. when they were all buzzing? Not a chance in hell.

Nobody cares about Uzi and he's probably got the best momentum/press right now.

Exact opposite. Dreezy was supposed to be a thing years ago and most of these dudes haven't made a dent outside of the Atlanta soup. We gonna go ahead and say these dudes are more poppin' than Fetty, Chance, Q, Future, Kendrick, Cole, etc. when they were all buzzing? Not a chance in hell.

Nobody cares about Uzi and he's probably got the best momentum/press right now.

Everyone on that list headlined multiple nights at SXSW. I don't care if they aren't getting radio play like Fetty. The hype around them is real. Doesn't say shit about any of them being talented but everyone of those dudes has come through LA recently and sold it out. Or will be here in the summer.

Koozek

I can't believe I actually fuck with Impossible Kid. And I vaguely remember liking Skelethon too, I used to really dislike this mouth-full-of-donuts rappity ass rapper.
Well, gonna have to check it out. I remember liking one of his albums way back in the days. Though, I'm probably mistaking him for Atmosphere or Slug, not sure.

FZZ

Banned
Not having Desiigner on the XXL cover

200.gif

His one track is bigger than every single person on that cover combined

Koozek

Okay, half-way through. Production is cool, but when I heard his goofy accentuation I quickly remembered why I didn't like Aesop even back then. Just checked and it was Atmosphere I listened to a bit in my youth, not Aesop. I always mix those Rhymesayers dudes up.

!

Though his delivery, as animated and fucking.....bizarre it is, is pretty much the main draw for me as a rapper.

PBY

Banned
I absolutely LOVE that views is streaming as its release.

I wish more albums would drop like this, having a global listening party is awesome.

Cudder

I absolutely LOVE that views is streaming as its release.

I wish more albums would drop like this, having a global listening party is awesome.

Am I gonna be able to buy it tomorrow on iTunes? I don't have any idea what "Available on Apple Music" means. Don't tell me it's just their streaming bullshit.

Fjordson

Am I gonna be able to buy it tomorrow on iTunes? I don't have any idea what "Available on Apple Music" means. Don't tell me it's just their streaming bullshit.
It'll be exclusive to iTunes for purchase and Apple Music for streaming for like a week.

You'll technically be able to buy it tonight on iTunes if you're on the west coast. Should be up by like 10-11 PM pacific time.

Reckoner

I can't help it but feel like every time Jay comes up in Pop Style he sounds like he's hiding in a cave in the middle east. It actually makes me laugh at times lmao.

Fjordson

what if views is drizzy's TLOP
It could get messy with all the different sounds he's trying.

But TLOP had a bunch of demo quality tracks (imo) and shit was getting patched after the initial release. I don't think Views will have any of those problems. He and 40 have been working on it for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom