• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some North London hip-hop. Not Grime but hip-hop.

Avelino - FYO (EP 7 tracks)

avelino%20fyo%20d.jpg

Listen on his official site

Apple Music link

Posted this when it dropped, it's quality.

Them new Skepta and Stormzy tracks are good, comfortably the best i've heard from either of them. I thought Giggs was dropping an album too this summer but i've had a look and couldn't find anything, so apparently not.

Enjoying the new Aesop a lot as well, my favourite release of his besides None Shall Pass. they've done a full album stream on youtube. can't say his sense of humour is something i've ever noticed with Aes before but it comes through quite well on this record, nice surprise.

overcast

Kind of frustrated right now. Rap is NOT clicking for me AT ALL. Ugh. I feel nothing at all.
This happens occasionally (usually not "at all" for me). Just hit up another genre for a week and come back. I didn't listen to much rap outside of the gym/club environment at all November through January.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I thought Bankroll Mafia was just Thug and TI but then I read the track listings and was decided not to bother

Eos

lol fantano hit ferg with a 2/10
definitely his worst project... such a disappointment. psycho, let it bang, new level, yammy gang, and swipe life are the only tracks i liked.

Thewonandonly

All right so I've really never gotten fully into rap but I've started lisening to a lot of new rap artist the last six months and I'm coming in hot with rap.

Guys give me some recommendations for me if I fucking love Danny brown.

Also the new a$ap Ferg album was preety fire specially physco

Been running this Bankroll Mafia up and down. Thugga + Tip is a good fit.

Also, good on Aubrey to keep Summer 16 off Views. Not that One Dance and Pop Style are much better.

overcast

No summer sixteen 🤔
Trash track tbh. Glad it's not on. This is gonna be a fun release though. I think it'll be his best (though I don't think any of his albums are great). 20 is a lot of tracks though.

I'll avoid the super obvious guys like Drake, Kendrick, and Kanye. Not sure how extensive your knowledge is, but I'll just do shit from this decade I really like. Varying from bangers to instrumental.

Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions
ASAP Ferg - Trap Lord (I don't like his new one)
ASAP Rocky - LiveLoveASAP
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
Danny Brown - The Hybrid
Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation
Freddie Gibbs - Shadow of a Doubt, Piñata, and BFK
Sir Michael Rocks - Banco
Alchemist - Russian Roulette
Vince Staples - Summertime 06. Also his mixtape Hell Can Wait
Earl Sweatshirt - I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside
Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia Demo

HiResDes

All right so I've really never gotten fully into rap but I've started lisening to a lot of new rap artist the last six months and I'm coming in hot with rap.

Fire is probably the antithesis of adjectives I'd use to describe the ferg album...

Thewonandonly

I'll avoid the super obvious guys like Drake, Kendrick, and Kanye. Not sure how extensive your knowledge is, but I'll just do shit from this decade I really like. Varying from bangers to instrumental.

Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions
ASAP Ferg - Trap Lord (I don't like his new one)
ASAP Rocky - LiveLoveASAP
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
Danny Brown - The Hybrid
Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation
Freddie Gibbs - Shadow of a Doubt, Piñata, and BFK
Sir Michael Rocks - Banco
Alchemist - Russian Roulette
Vince Staples - Summertime 06. Also his mixtape Hell Can Wait
Earl Sweatshirt - I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside
Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia Demo
Awsome list I've only checked out earl sweatshirt and really liked him. My favorite rappers are Kendrick, Kanye, Danny brown, run the jewels, and chance. I've listened to some old stuff like the big ones by nas and biggie not the biggest old school fan tho sadly. Except tripe called quest is dope and still incredible to this fay

Fire is probably the antithesis of adjectives I'd use to describe the ferg album...
What don't you like about it. The first song I did honesly hate but everything else has been preety tight and this is the first time I've heard him.

Also that scary track by skillz was fucking fire might have to check him out I like JME

Fjordson

A New Life by Azizi Gibson. Just came out, but it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom