• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't you just saying rap doesn't do it for you anymore?

A couple days ago yeah, but I've been pretty stressed with school. Once I got a good grade on my test and took a step towards getting a really interesting position, I've felt my interest in music thankfully coming back. I don't see this as a bad thing, since I feel that I need to do school and pressure has been gnawing at me so much I can't even concentrate on my passions outside of...environmental spatial analysis (trying to get a job pertaining to that, LOL). But I feel a lot better about the end of the semester already.

Speaking of Drake, I finally found an album of his I like, but it was the collaboration with Future.

overcast

No one not named J. Cole or Drake dominates anymore
Uhh. Future, Kendrick? Platinum albums, festival headliners, worldwide impact?

Even Q and Chance are more popular than these dudes who will be hot for 6 months in the internet echo chamber. Plus Fetty hit the mainstream much harder than any of these other guys, at least his rise can be described as "meteoric".
Views will reignite Andrew's passion for hip-hop. I know he's a huge Drake fan.
Nothing speaks to Hip-hop passion like an ultra commercialized rappers release that was harvested from tents of ghostwriters, with a gleaming fresh coat of Culture Vulturing.

Hyped.

Nabs

Worst XXL Freshman list since they started doing them, probably.

PARTYNEXTDOOR ft. Drake - Work. Original version. Kind of lit.

Looking forward to listening to this later. Guru the god.

kd9GJRK.gif

IrishNinja

It could get messy with all the different sounds he's trying.

But TLOP had a bunch of demo quality tracks (imo) and shit was getting patched after the initial release. I don't think Views will have any of those problems. He and 40 have been working on it for a while.

right, i meant a little of the styles thing but mostly in the disappointing factor

You can't make this shit up

i feel like a decent AI having archived all XV OT's could do a decent facsimile

Even Q and Chance are more popular than these dudes who will be hot for 6 months in the internet echo chamber. Plus Fetty hit the mainstream much harder than any of these other guys, at least his rise can be described as "meteoric".

kdot & future sure, Q & Chance prolly can't even dominate a forum of their own fanbase
fetty already feels forgotten

HiResDes

Nothing speaks to Hip-hop passion like an ultra commercialized rappers release that was harvested from tents of ghostwriters, with a gleaming fresh coat of Culture Vulturing.

Hyped.
Yeah Future and Kendrick are in the tier I was referring to, but if you look at the Freshman list from the past three years this is pretty much in line with it. Fetty is a flash in the pan btw.

overcast

Before you listen to the album, don't forget to make your very own Views cover. Be sure to share with all your friends #Views #April29th http://www.drakesviews.com/#!/
Bless you.
Lmfao.
kdot & future sure, Q & Chance prolly can't even dominate a forum of their own fanbase
fetty already feels forgotten
naw they don't dominate at all. They're just mid tier rappers which is more than you can say for most of these covers.
Yeah Future and Kendrick are in the tier I was referring to, but if you look at the Freshman list from the past three years this is pretty much in line with it. Fetty is a flash in the pan btw.
Ah okay, yeah I agree. In line with most of them. Fetty was a flash these guys wish they could be though. But he's done.

What was Fetty Wap's deal? Even my mom mentioned him last year and recommended him to me, but as far as I can tell I never bothered to listen to his album.

I can't believe I actually fuck with Impossible Kid. And I vaguely remember liking Skelethon too, I used to really dislike this mouth-full-of-donuts rappity ass rapper.

!

Though his delivery, as animated and fucking.....bizarre it is, is pretty much the main draw for me as a rapper.

Production is really good on Impossible Kid and is the main draw for me, as it was on Skeleton Key and everything I've heard from Aesop Rock beyond that. He's an acquired taste on the mic obviously, but still, he often has some really dope rhyme schemes and unique way of saying things, even when you have no idea what the hell his wall of words mean. At worst he's a layer of futuristic gibberish that adds to the vibe of the music.

Dereck

Fuck, we will really get new Q before the new Rashad? Disappointing for sure.
Forgot about Rashad completely

Production is really good on Impossible Kid and is the main draw for me, as it was on Skeleton Key and everything I've heard from Aesop Rock beyond that. He's an acquired taste on the mic obviously, but still, he often has some really dope rhyme schemes and unique way of saying things, even when you have no idea what the hell his wall of words mean. At worst he's a layer of futuristic gibberish that adds to the vibe of the music.
Some of the shit on Bazooka Tooth I tend to believe is completely nonsensical, however, some of the shit on like None Shall Pass, Labor Days or Float makes sense. A lot of it is extremely metaphorical, or in Labor Days case, cynical.

Impossible Kid is a great example of Aesop Rock throwing that abstract lyricism in the trash and being more direct. It works for him.

Some of the shit on Bazooka Tooth I tend to believe is completely nonsensical, however, some of the shit on like None Shall Pass, Labor Days or Float makes sense. A lot of it is extremely metaphorical, or in Labor Days case, cynical.

Impossible Kid is a great example of Aesop Rock throwing that abstract lyricism in the trash and being more direct. It works for him.

Yeah The Impossible Kid is way more direct. Like when y'all were talking about him having a song about his cat I didn't think it would be straight up a song about his cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom