• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZZ

Banned
This definitely isn't an album where you can skip to a song and play

The structure is actually crucial to a lot of the songs, they would sound pretty weak on their own*

edit: for the first 6 tracks

Fjordson

Views is pretty damn good, but I actually think he could have cut a few of the more hype songs like Pop Style and Grammys. The "quieter" tracks work the best for me. I'm probably in the minority there, though.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Views is pretty damn good, but I actually think he could have cut a few of the more hype songs like Pop Style and Grammys. The "quieter" tracks work the best for me. I'm probably in the minority there, though.
Nah you good breh
I think if it was a bit shorter it'd beat take care.

Fjordson

Nah you good breh
I think if it was a bit shorter it'd beat take care.
Yeah, could easily be shorter imo.

Not that I dislike all his harder tracks, some of 'em are dope, but my favourite type of Drake is the quieter shit. Like the first half of Views with all the 40 production is perfect.

THIS LOOP BREHS

Pape-diouf-nvo.jpg

HiResDes

I've never been a Q fan, but after Groovy Tony I'm kinda hyped. Also hope Rashad drops something this year.

Anybody that likes Cilvia should check out that Kweku Collins's Nat Love album, very similar vibe with a little crooning in between. It's fucking fire.

Fjordson

Anybody that likes Cilvia should check out that Kweku Collins's Nat Love album, very similar vibe with a little crooning in between. It's fucking fire.

Shit, good looks man. I love that type of thing.

Like if Rashad's next album sounds anything like "Nelly" I'm fuckin' set. That chill beat and crooning is great.

Half the new songs I download are what Des links on here lol
Pretty close to it tbh

Views from the 6 is the worst Drake album not named Thank Me Later

and since that album was so butt cheeks we retcon'd it from history to make Take Care his debut album, that makes Views the worst Drake album

mooooose

first half of views is a slog and mediocre but it might grow on me

second half is better but not without flaws. its more uptempo but stylistically more disjointed.

i dont think anyone will disagree that this shouldnt have been 20 songs

Eos

Drake on this interview...lmao

I'm guessing things between him & The Weeknd aren't.........the best right now. Same with Nicki, but that's obvious.

lol he took half of weeknd's album for take care. luckily weeknd didn't sign to ovo or else he'd be in the camps with majid jordan, working on hits 24/7 and also having first week sales of less than 5k.

HiResDes

Naw I think it was just time, a lot of the old OG's that would come in and discuss shit are gone and everyone seems more up on shit in general so it has kind of been made obsolete. Also I really don't feel like I represent a good middle ground in terms of taste like I did before, definitely a bit more dusty in some ways.

rrc1594

lol he took half of weeknd's album for take care. luckily weeknd didn't sign to ovo or else he'd be in the camps with majid jordan, working on hits 24/7 and also having first week sales of less than 5k.

Facts. I be telling people Weekend smart. Majid Jordan album is really good and no one knows about that shit SMH

Also I really don't feel like I represent a good middle ground in terms of taste like I did before, definitely a bit more dusty in some ways.

lol @ this comment when you literally just posted:

.... which is GREAT. The "Ego Killed Romance --> everever --> Ghost --> Death of A Salesmen" run omg

EDIT: Oh man 1:30 Curbside is soooo good. Like some Native American/Caribbean trip hop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom